Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The only problem with Entourage

is that its only a half hour each week. What a great show! What did yall think of the first episode of the new season?

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    is that its only a half hour each week. What a great show! What did yall think of the first episode of the new season?
    Loved it. I can't wait to have Ari back. The new agent is a bore.

My prediction: Ari isn't lying about Pablo Escobar and Vince gets the part, but then the movie falls apart or gets put on hiatus so he doesn't make it anyway.

Vine as Escobar

I think this is the movie Vince makes. Remember this is Part 2 of Season 3 and each season ends with Vince making a movie. Season 1 was Queens Boulevard and Season 2 was Aquaman. I think Medellian is the Season 3 movie. I am just glad that the show is back it is my favorite show on TV right now.

Droz rules!

Quote Originally Posted by BluBones View Post
    Loved it. I can't wait to have Ari back. The new agent is a bore.
    I think Jeremy Piven is quickly stealing this show -- and I *love* it! He's been a favorite of mine ever since PCU. His interplay with Lloyd just keeps getting funnier; I'm glad to see that in the scenes for next week, there's much more ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I think Jeremy Piven is quickly stealing this show -- and I *love* it! He's been a favorite of mine ever since PCU. His interplay with Lloyd just keeps getting funnier; I'm glad to see that in the scenes for next week, there's much more ahead.
    I think that he stole the show a long time ago...which makes it fairly obvious that his character is getting Vince back as a client.

What ever happened to the slightly gratuitous nudity the show used to have? They still have gorgeous women, though.

Anyone else think that the product promotion in the show was a clever way to do it?

I agree that the product placement was creative, but I saw it coming as soon as they started going over-budget. I was a little disappointed that the show came back so horribly commercial after such a hiatus.

But I agree that Vince gets Medellian. I don't know how Ari is going to do it but he wouldn't give Vince that script unless he had it or had something better, and at this point I don't think there's anything that Vince wants more.

If Vince does the other movie (the name is escaping me), I'm going to be pissed. I love this show.

Show is great Ari will definately get it done. My fiancee actually knows the real Ari, as does my best man, and woof; she has a hard time watching it, as apparently the real one is one sexist dude and not at all charming like the TV one.

Still a great show tho. Backing off on the nudity doesn't hurt it for me; HBO shows are best during dialogue

Loved it. But nothing will EVER top the Episode "What About Bob" from last season. I still laugh on a semi-daily basis about many lines from that episode, most often it's "What if I told you I had a 22 inch c**k, would that be something you're interested in?"

Or Bob asking for Sanka at the meeting and Ari's face after he asks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacificrounder View Post
    I agree that the product placement was creative, but I saw it coming as soon as they started going over-budget. I was a little disappointed that the show came back so horribly commercial after such a hiatus.

But I agree that Vince gets Medellian. I don't know how Ari is going to do it but he wouldn't give Vince that script unless he had it or had something better, and at this point I don't think there's anything that Vince wants more.

If Vince does the other movie (the name is escaping me), I'm going to be pissed. I love this show.
    I guess I wasn't all that clear. I'm really against integrated product promotion, but I thought that they at least made it work with the show. TV is going to be looking for more ways to do this.

I think the integrated product promotion works incredibly well with this show because it is part of the storyline. They arent trying to slip it in there, its pretty conspicuous. My only complaint is that they said there was only going to be top shelf liquor at the party, and Vince is holding up a bottle of Sky Vodka . . . whats with that? Give me some Grey Goose or Belvedere any day!

not a great episode this week, although Piven was awesome as usual. I enjoyed the interplay with Lloyd, it just seemed like this weeks episode was missing something.

This week didn't "advance the story" at all, but it will still entertaining as hell. Come on ... Ari Gold in a gay club??? Classic stuff.

as an aside, who wouldnt love to do the pacific coast drive in an Aston Martin . . .

I agree with your assessment of this Sunday's episode. In the end, absolutely nothing happened. No progress on the movie; Vince didn't get to go on vacation; Piven didn't sign the client; Turtle and Drama didn't get the girls. For what it's worth, I thought the Turtle/Drama subplot was one of the weaker episodes of the entire series.

But I love Lloyd, and I enjoyed the fact that he was given such a major role in an episode. Easily my favorite character.

Aston Martin or..

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    as an aside, who wouldnt love to do the pacific coast drive in an Aston Martin . . .
    I thought E had a maserati?

Either way, I'd be up for it. I'll do a section in an A4 cabriolet next year, but those cars are on a much higher plane.

Exiled

The Maserati was a gift from a dealership IIRC, and the guys gave it to those high school kids who hosted the house party they went to.

Vince bought all the guys Aston Martins after Aquaman, I think.

I just loved it how Sloan said "Oh, I'll talk this weekend, but I wouldn't expect much else" and then smiles into the camera. So perfectly cruel.

Good call

Quote Originally Posted by pacificrounder View Post
    The Maserati was a gift from a dealership IIRC, and the guys gave it to those high school kids who hosted the house party they went to.

Vince bought all the guys Aston Martins after Aquaman, I think.
    I'm watching old episodes and Vince did buy them Aston Martins after Aquaman.

Exiled

Once again . . . Vince's story line was weak. Ari's, though, was fantastic. That scene at the end where he took the candy bar from the girl was hilarious.

Vince's was a little week, but I think the point was well put. I am looking forward to next week, to see the fallout of the booty call.

And anyway, this is a show about Ari as much, or more, than a show about Vince and the boys.

Still, and enjoyable show. It forced me to break down and finally get HBO this year.

Exiled