New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

And Now You Know... The Rest of the Story

Paul Harvey, an American radio icon, has died at 90. What a long life he lived and how many people he touched. And how many people's stories he relayed on to the masses. RIP.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Paul Harvey, an American radio icon, has died at 90. What a long life he lived and how many people he touched. And how many people's stories he relayed on to the masses. RIP.
    Awww what a bummer. RIP Mr. Harvey, you'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I used to love hearing his "Rest of the story" stories on the radio. RIP Paul.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Very sorry to hear this. Thanks for passing it along.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    To my own personal thoughts on him, I'm a public and news radio junky, so I listened to him a lot, even as a kid. His show was one of those that would keep me in the car long after I turned the engine off, so I finally could hear "the rest of the story". He had a great voice, and was a great story teller. I also loved his ads, he voiced most of his sponsors products himself, always with his own way of telling it like it was. I used to love trying to guess who or what "the rest of the story" was. I remember being in a Goodwill store just browsing, not buying anything. They had Harvey on the public speakers, and I had finished shopping. I sat on the bench by the exit for 5 minutes while I listened to his tale of the day. I probably looked goofy sitting there staring off into space, but I loved it. What a guy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I first heard him on Armed Forces Radio in Japan. I didn't hear him as much once I returned to the States, but I always enjoyed him. My favorite thing that I heard him say: Be alert. American needs more lerts.

Rest in peace, Paul Harvey.

Gooood Day!
    ~rthomas

I still remember a bumper sticker of the week thing he read said circa 1983:

"I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I!"