Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Zoubek has more turnovers and fouls then minutes in the 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    what happened to lance. came 5 minutes in. did it look serious? did he roll it? look broken? obviously, no result yet, but what did it look like?
    He landed awkwardly going for a steal on a lobbed pass at midcourt. It was hard to tell exactly what happened.

Crazies

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    This has to be the weakest crowd I've ever seen at an ACC game (at Duke). Is it just me, or is it way too quiet in Cameron?
    Yes it seems that way to me. But I guess they have not had that much to cheer about. We're jacking up 3's and not getting back on defense. It's ok to take the open shot, but pleaseeeeeee get back on defense. Our inside game is so weak. Zoubek doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, bless his soul. Plumlee looks like he's thinking too much and not being aggresive. Losing Lance really hurts. We had better tighten up on defense and hit some 3's or this could get ugly(Clemson ugly). Go Duke!

defense

FSU is playing some amazing defense right now. add in the fact that open shots aren't going in, and that is bad news.

IMO, I like FSU. This year, they are a good team. They play great D. They have a great player in Toney D. That said, I want Duke to destroy them for all that they are worth.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!

crowd noise

can't tell...sounds like the espn360 coverage has it muted somewhat...announcers are really loud comparatively.

not a great 1st half...missed dunks alone would have this game tied...may be pressing a bit, jumpers aren't falling either, some have been really wide open.

I was one who thought that this would be Zoubek's year, but I was wrong. So, what do we do in the second half? Zone, I guess. I don't see that we can defend FSU the way we are going.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yes it seems that way to me. But I guess they have not had that much to cheer about. We're jacking up 3's and not getting back on defense. It's ok to take the open shot, but pleaseeeeeee get back on defense. Our inside game is so weak. Zoubek doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, bless his soul. Plumlee looks like he's thinking too much and not being aggresive. Losing Lance really hurts. We had better tighten up on defense and hit some 3's or this could get ugly(Clemson ugly). Go Duke!
    We have to start forcing turnovers. FSU is one of the best half court defensive teams, and they're going to make it difficult for us to get easy points. Right now, we have zero transition points. We need to force some turnovers to get some free points. And we're going to have to shoot much better.

crazies

Although I agree the crowd seems pretty lethargic and week so far tonight. In their defense, a 32% fg%, 3 missed dunks, missed free throws, minimal defense, and fsu shooting free throws everytime down court has not given them a chance to really get into it.

Here's to a heck of a second half, a "crazy" crowd, ad a big W!!!! I hope

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    One of the bad things about the last home game of the year is teams sometimes try way too hard and get out of their normal rythym. Seniors trying to win their last game ever in the building, underclassmen trying too hard to get a win for the Seniors, etc. I wonder if that is part of the problem tonight.

Good news is, they are shooting terrible, not playing great D, but only down six. If they can pull it together and get hot from 3, they can gut out a win.

"weak". Damn iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    We have to start forcing turnovers. FSU is one of the best half court defensive teams, and they're going to make it difficult for us to get easy points. Right now, we have zero transition points. We need to force some turnovers to get some free points. And we're going to have to shoot much better.
    Try to force turnovers when we are already in crazy foul trouble?....

I like the zone idea. Also, we aren't the greatest in forcing turnovers in the paint.

What we need to do is make open shots. It's not easy, obviously, but its the most rationale thing to do right now. We haven't been playing bad at all. In fact, I think we have been alright on offense (only the shots, and dunks, aren't falling)

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I was one who thought that this would be Zoubek's year, but I was wrong. So, what do we do in the second half? Zone, I guess. I don't see that we can defend FSU the way we are going.
    Zone might not be the worst idea. FSU isn't a very good shooting team.

As for Zoubek, hopefully he stays healthy and can finally have an offseason to work on his footwork and lower body strength. The foot injuries have killed his summers, and that's when you can make the biggest improvements to your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Fortunate to only be down 6. Bad shot selection, wrong guys taking shots, and way too many fouls. Zoubs has 3, Dave has 3, Miles has 2, and Lance is out with injury.

It's going to take some Cameron magic and shots to start falling to pull this out. We missed 3 dunks and a lot of free throws, not to mention the 3 Ball not going either..
    I agree, lucky to only be down 6. It seems like they are trying a little too hard and playing a little fast. A few makes on the line and this is a tie game. G has also been very quiet tonight. If he could provide a little spark, it would be a huge plus. We can pull this out. Go Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Try to force turnovers when we are already in crazy foul trouble?....

I like the zone idea. Also, we aren't the greatest in forcing turnovers in the paint.

What we need to do is make open shots. It's not easy, obviously, but its the most rationale thing to do right now. We haven't been playing bad at all. In fact, I think we have been alright on offense (only the shots, and dunks, aren't falling)
    You can force turnovers without fouling. You do it by attacking passing lanes rather than reaching in on dribblers. Please note that Scheyer has two consecutive steals.

Good D -- C'mon Devils !!!

Late calls?

Is it just me, or are the whistles a little late in this game?

Nice start - let's keep driving and getting to the line!

When Duke misses 3's Florida State continues to get long run outs. One pass and a wide open jumper.

Go duke go duke

GO DUKE

IMO, the crazies not up to par!!!!

GO DUKE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You can force turnovers without fouling. You do it by attacking passing lanes rather than reaching in on dribblers. Please note that Scheyer has two consecutive steals.
    Attacking passing lanes can lead to steals. It can also lead to very easy baskets for FSU. That is the last thing we need.

That said, those two Scheyer steals were very nice. And Coach K had a very effective talk with Zoubs.