Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sorry I haven't seen this; what happened to Lance? Injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Sorry I haven't seen this; what happened to Lance? Injured?
    Ankle -- in locker room -- no further report yet.

Calm down, Lenny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ankle -- in locker room -- no further report yet.
    That's not good. For his sake, and the team, I hope it's not serious.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Go GP!!!!!!!!!

We're going to have to shot a lot better and get some better shot selection as well (which may help the shooting percentage as well). We're fortunate to be as close as we are given the way we're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    That's not good. For his sake, and the team, I hope it's not serious.
    Gone for the evening -- to be evaluated later -- I don't like to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Gone for the evening -- to be evaluated later -- I don't like to hear that.
    Thanks for the update. I don't like to hear that either. Here's to this being only precautionary, and to a speedy recovery.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Thanks for the update. I don't like to hear that either. Here's to this being only precautionary, and to a speedy recovery.
    I've been drinking to that for the last half hour.

Aside from the obvious misfortune for Thomas, his injury puts us in a bit of a bind tonight. Zoubek has three fouls, Plumlee two, and FSU is really big. Their size could really become a factor given our bigs situation. We may have to shoot our way to victory to tonight.

Tough start, and attrition is starting to set in. Zoubek with 3, McClure with 3, Plumlee with 2, Thomas done for the night.

Pretty poor first half for our Devils. Duke shot 32% from the field, 29% from three and just looked passive on offense.

It's going to be a tough climb on the way back, especially with the foul trouble on our bigs. We may have to go small and hope we can scrap and shoot our way to victory.

This has to be the weakest crowd I've ever seen at an ACC game (at Duke). Is it just me, or is it way too quiet in Cameron?

Lethargic.
    ~rthomas

You really notice how good Lance was playing when he's not around... For everyone calling for Plumlee to get more playing time, just look at this game for evidence as to why he hasn't gotten it. Lucky to be down by only 6 with the way we played in the 1st half. Going to have to come up with a lineup that can work out there. Duke is so thin, losing Nolan or Lance for very long will be tough to overcome.

we're going to need the same kind of second half we had against them the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    This has to be the weakest crowd I've ever seen at an ACC game (at Duke). Is it just me, or is it way too quiet in Cameron?
    Agreed. this is a weak crowd. Senior night has not worked out. its full of kids from the library who have never seen a duke game (and for the record, i get to duke)

The lack of injuries was a big thing for us prior to the Maryland game. All of a sudden, we're down 2 of our main rotation guys - bad timing.

Hopefully, we regroup at half, make some adjustments based on our personnel and foul situation, and come out with some fire. I hope we improve from outside...maybe Paulus has one last Cameron hot streak left in him.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Fortunate to only be down 6. Bad shot selection, wrong guys taking shots, and way too many fouls. Zoubs has 3, Dave has 3, Miles has 2, and Lance is out with injury.

It's going to take some Cameron magic and shots to start falling to pull this out. We missed 3 dunks and a lot of free throws, not to mention the 3 Ball not going either..

lance

what happened to lance. came 5 minutes in. did it look serious? did he roll it? look broken? obviously, no result yet, but what did it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    You really notice how good Lance was playing when he's not around... For everyone calling for Plumlee to get more playing time, just look at this game for evidence as to why he hasn't gotten it. Lucky to be down by only 6 with the way we played in the 1st half. Going to have to come up with a lineup that can work out there. Duke is so thin, losing Nolan or Lance for very long will be tough to overcome.
    Yeah, Thomas gives us an entirely different dimension. He's athletic enough to defend the 4 or 5 spot, is active on offense, and big enough to be credible defensively inside. It definitely shows up in a game like tonight, where we're looking either really small or really slow.

Hopefully he's not hurt for long (and hopefully we get Smith back soon). We look pretty thin right now. It's going to take a pretty amazing effort in the second half for the good guys to pull this one out.