Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    I have an even better idea, why don't we wait and chat Thursday. Then we can discuss whether the cheap shot Terrell Bell tries to decapitate Hansbrough with tomorrow night is intentional. Then we can debate who should have developed their bench players more over the course of the season with Tyler and Nolan out of the lineups. IF Maryland had hit their freethows? Well why not say if Maryland had boxed out and gotten more rebounds, passed the ball around and taken better shots or not turned the ball over quite as much. Those IF's vary a lot from game to game like everything else. I guess you didn't go back and look to see what Maryland players were actually taking those freethows and what their season averages are. If a 50% freethrow shooter takes half the freethrows in a particular game and misses the teams season average is a moot point.

But IF you are so sure Duke is going to lose by double figures tonight oh Nostradamus of college basketball take your money to Vegas and put it on the line. Then if you're correct you can blog us from the Bahamas and if you're wrong you'll be close to UNLV. I think they doubted Duke too at one point if my memory serves me correctly.
    Well done!!! That's just hard-core cold. I like.

Terps FF %

I stand corrected the Terps shoot 76.8% overall 85.8% in ACC play. Tar Heels
    76.5% overall 81.1% in ACC. And Duke...ummm.. I am looking at the top 50 but I can't seem to find Duke anywhere. Something must be wrong w/this link.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings

Terps FF %? Free Fro %?

I can't hang around much right now, but I'll leave a tiny bit of advice.

Don't come in and expect a too sympathetic jury here.

Too Physical for Duke

dont expect any help from NCAA or refs next year either. But we obviously do agree on one thing though... the ACC is way too physical for Duke and you could not have stated it better.

Just don't respond to flamers. They're not here to play rationally, and anything you say will merely encourage them. There's a handy ignore function on these boards that's perfectly suited for posters like these.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Too Physical

Quote Originally Posted by Heeler4life View Post
    dont expect any help from NCAA or refs next year either. But we obviously do agree on one thing though... the ACC is way too physical for Duke and you could not have stated it better.
    If you had the guts to admt it, the ACC has become too rough all the way around. It has started making the Big East look like a square dance with all the cheap shots, shoving, piling on durring a tie up etc. Teams are phyical for the most part when they know they are inferior. But hey, if ya can't be victorius, beat em'.

Yeah Well

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Just don't respond to flamers. They're not here to play rationally, and anything you say will merely encourage them. There's a handy ignore function on these boards that's perfectly suited for posters like these.
    Your right of course pfrduke, and the mods are taking care of it. But in a way it's kind of nice to not agree with what someone posts and be able to sink to their level and then knock them a level lower. Excellent mod job as usual.

HMMM...Nope I don't think I got my MD games confused. Duke pulled away from a very mediocre Terps team who was without their star G Vasquez 22 minutes. In addition had MD hit their free throws (64%) normally (86%) than Duke gets the L. You can't have much depth when your starters play 170/200 minutes. FSU bench outscores Dukes bench by 20-24 pts. Lets chat again Weds.

2 Kyle Singler f 37 minutes
    42 Lance Thomas f 28 minutes
    15 Gerald Henderson g 37 minutes
    20 Elliot Williams g 31 minutes
    30 Jon Scheyer g 37 minutes
    Your numbers are wrong. Lance only got 18 minutes. That gives Duke 160/200 or 80% of its minutes from its starters in a game they WON. Also, as pointed out above, two of the main bench options Smith and McClure didn't get as many minutes as normal because of injury and illness, respectively.

UNC played its starters 173/225 (OT) or 77% of the possible minutes in a game against MD that they LOST. Where's the big difference?

As for your predictions about FSU. "an 82-69 score and 20-24 points from the FSU bench", please. FSU averages 68 pts/game and has not scored more than 82 in a single game this year.

Also, their bench may play minutes, but they don't score much. In conference play their bench guys (players 6-9 in MPG, b/c I am not sure who starts every game) Reid, Dulkys, DeMercy and Loucks average 11.9 pts/game.

FSU is a quality team and may beat Duke, but I don't think it would like anything like the game you've predicted.

Feel free to come here and belittle Duke and talk up the finer points of all the other ACC teams. But if you do, try to get your facts straight first. You will get a lot more respect.

I stand corrected the Terps shoot 76.8% overall 85.8% in ACC play. Tar Heels
    76.5% overall 81.1% in ACC. And Duke...ummm.. I am looking at the top 50 but I can't seem to find Duke anywhere. Something must be wrong w/this link.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings
    Wrong again. Care to try a 3rd time? Here's a hint, the Terps shoot about as well in-conference from the free throw line as they do outside of conference.

As for the incredible depth Carolina showed at Maryland... do you think maybe the fact that Dancin' Danny fouled out in 30 minutes had something to do w/ Frasor playing as much as he did?

Guys, guys....and dad....we should feel honored that the troll came to visit and give us such great insight instead of what they usually like to do....which involves goats....which is, of course, watching the goats play their special brand o' hard travelin', hard foulin', floppin' pre-game dancin' hoops. What'd y'all think they did with their goats? Now, onto business. I don't think we'll have an easy game with FSU (particularly without Nolan again) but certainly believe we'll pull it out. I would like to see some improved stretch FT (that means Free Throw) shooting; we haven't done that well the last few games even while still winning. Let's go out there and get a win!!

If either team breaks 80, it'll be Duke and the Devils win. If the score is in the high 50s or low 60s, Noles win. The Noles have scored 82 twice (against Western Kentucky and Coastal Carolina) and 80 once (against Miami). I just don't see it happening against Duke. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    If either team breaks 80, it'll be Duke and the Devils win. If the score is in the high 50s or low 60s, Noles win. The Noles have scored 82 twice (against Western Kentucky and Coastal Carolina) and 80 once (against Miami). I just don't see it happening against Duke. JMHO.
    Remember, the last game, in Tallahassee, was a 66-58 Duke win. We've shown we can win games in the 60s this season.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Sorry, I meant Noles have a good shot. And I said "low 60's". 66 is hardly low 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I think this will be the game that tells us just how our new lineup with 5 forwards(Coach Knight) will do against a team we may meet in the NCAA tournament. Fl State is tall and they have an excellent ball handler in Douglas. We have been turning over our opponents lately and that has made up for our rebounding defiency. I hope to see an improvement on the boards and two good wins this week. Go Duke!
    This is a bit of what I was saying in the WF Pre-Game. Duke's new line-up hasn't done anything yet that it's old line-up didn't do. Or the line-up before that, for that matter.

The five forwards have beaten a questionable road team, two bubble teams and St. John's, and actually let all four of those teams back into the game, if I'm not mistaken.

It's not unreasonable to think that Duke ends the conference season on a two game losing streak, which is what prompted the line-up change in the first place.

Now, for the record, I do think Duke wins tonight, but I still won't be comfortable putting them past the Sweet Sixteen in my bracket until they beat Carolina or Clemson, or take the three game series from Wake.

Hole fans are the epitome of cognitive dissonance, they'll do anything to rationalize strong held beliefs even if those pesky facts get in the way. Remember that story last year that showed statistically that Duke didn't getall the calls, in fact ewe-nc averaged more fouls called in their favor than anyone else in the country. "WELL THAT'S A BUNCHA CRAP, DUKIE LIES AN TEH MEDIUZ BIASUS" the sheep would bleat, but no actual facts. Of course, they'll try to point out, "WLL I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. DUN GITS TO DA LINE MOAR, BAAA BAAAA, DEY CHEETSUZ! BAAAAAAAA!" Well thats because the dribble drive offense they've run for the past 7 or so years is designed to do just that you idiots. But hey, if you want to take that as proof that Duke gets all the calls, go ahead. Just keep in mind your hero is going to break the ACC scoring record taking more FTs than FG's, what does that say about about him, hmmmm? It's your logic.
    As far as Scheyer getting away with a travel as proof that Duke gets all the calls, lets not forget that highly questionable flop beaker performed to cost Miami against the sheep. Watch the replay, his feet are nowhere near set. But since its ewe-nc I guess it just doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You might try this one: http://www.1010wspc.com/wzky.htm
    This does appear (or sound) to be streaming the game if you don't have ESPN 360 access.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    This does appear (or sound) to be streaming the game if you don't have ESPN 360 access.
    Why would a duke game vs a ranked team not be on tv? Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It was listed as a coming event at 8pm on ESPN360, but it's not showing up as a live program to view.

Never mind - it is now showing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dubayuw View Post
    Why would a duke game vs a ranked team not be on tv? Oh well
    It is a Raycom network game.

Open season on Duke players, apparently.