Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Second - one thing this game gives us us a guaranteed spot playing on Friday of the ACC tournament. With Clemson at 8-6 and in 5th place, a win over FSU puts us at 11-5 with one game to go, and keeps alive the hope that we could catch UNC. It also gives us the tiebreaker over FSU should they win their final game and we lose ours. A loss vs. FSU puts us right between FSU and Wake, teams we've split with for the regular season, and takes us out of contention for the regular season crown. Plus, with BC having the easiest schedule by far of State and GTech, they could still tie us at 10-6, and they would win the tiebreaker by virtue of their head to head record.
    That's not quite accurate. A loss does make it extremely unlikely that we'd get the ACC crown, but it's still possible. If we lose to FSU, a number of things would have to play out correctly: we'd have to beat UNC, and each of UNC, FSU, Wake, and Clemson would need to lose again (keeping Clemson far enough down the ladder and maintaining the two-way tie at the top).

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Bottom line - we need to win vs. FSU, send the seniors out right, and put a top 3 finish in the bag.
    Agreed. We really don't want to come into the UNC game needing to win to avoid playing on Thursday, and it'd be nice to have a realistic shot at the #1 seed.

Can't it be Tuesday already?!?

I'm itching for the game. FSU is a good team, but I want for us to have a big win this week, and I want to set up the showdown for a chance at the regular season title.

Will Williams continue his outstanding on-ball defense against one of the absolute best the ACC has to offer in Douglas? Will Singler build off his tremendous second half against VT and be a force against the Noles? Will Henderson have recovered from whatever seemed to be ailing him in the second half at VT?

This game could tell us a lot about where we are come tourney time. FSU is going to be in the #5-7 range, which is roughly the quality of team we'll likely face in rounds 2 and (hopefully) 3 of the NCAA tournament. We've just handled two strong efforts from bubble teams on the road. Now, we need to handle a mid-level tourney team at home.

I'm getting impatient!

Duke opened as a 13.5 home favorite with a 141 O/U.

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    Duke opened as a 13.5 home favorite with a 141 O/U.
    That seems like a reasonable line. FSU is pretty limited offensively, but they defend like crazy. We've actually turned into a pretty good offensive team (6th in nation in offensive efficiency) and are still on aggregate a strong defensive team (8th). We have more weapons, and unless we're shooting poorly (or fatigue really sets in) we should be able to outscore them.

If we can get to 75 points, we should win, considering that FSU has only reached that number 5 times in the last 22 tames. It probably won't take 75 to win (and 75 may be tough to come by against FSU), but I really doubt that they'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Incidentally, can we find a nickname for the big 3 we got here?
    Triple Threat

For the obvious reasons that the name implies, but also because each is so adept at attacking from that basic stance.

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

Alternate methods for watching/hearing the FSU game?

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Also... any ideas how to catch this game in the NYC area? Will it be on around here or do I have to take some extra measures?
    I have a similar problem here in California. The game could be available to me via ESPN's Full Court (which I don't see a need to subscribe to because I get all but about three Duke games anyway via Fox Sports, ESPN and the major networks), but when I called today to see how I could watch the game they wanted $75(!) for a "half season subscription." I suggested that at this point in the season they could generate a lot more revenue if they went to a pay-per-view method of operation, but of course I was talking to a lackey who couldn't do much more than agree with me and still try to get me to pony up $75.

So I'm looking for alternatives. Anyone out there know where in the Silicon Valley area I can see the game? Or is there a web-based alternative? (I already know my ISP doesn't do ESPN360, so that's out, too.)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Grey Devil

I'll be headed to the bar next door to my house in NYC to catch this one.
    Village Pour House at 109 and Amsterdam Ave.

Time Warner "says" I can get it as part of the digital sports packaged for 5 bucks, but I don't really think thats right.

If you're thinking about watching the game in NYC. Send a message

Apparently this is post 100 (cool!)

Where to Watch or Listen to Duke FSU

I'm in Pinehurst for golf this week and was wondering where the game tomorrow can be seen here? I'm not sure if this is considered Fayetteville or not. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Where to Watch or Listen to Duke FSU

I couldn't get WSFL streaming to work for the VaTech game and I still can't get it to work today.

Does anyone know if there has been a problem?

Better yet, does anyone have other streaming radio links which might work tomorrow night?

Thanks.

In Chattanooga...game viewing options?

It looks like I won't see the game on local cable...any options for online viewing? Or if anyone knows a good sports bar in Chattanooga, TN who might be showing the game, I'd be up for that also.
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    I couldn't get WSFL streaming to work for the VaTech game and I still can't get it to work today.

Does anyone know if there has been a problem?

Better yet, does anyone have other streaming radio links which might work tomorrow night?

Thanks.
    You might try this one: http://www.1010wspc.com/wzky.htm

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Technically, the radio stations are not supposed to stream the games at all, it is against licensing rules. Duke makes money off of it's broadcasts and doesn't want to give it away. (Thus Inside Access through goduke.com for a reasonable fee.) It's hit and miss finding one that works. Your best bet is to stop in for the snrubchat and ask if anyone else is having success with a feed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    I'm in Pinehurst for golf this week and was wondering where the game tomorrow can be seen here? I'm not sure if this is considered Fayetteville or not. Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Here is a list of the all the RAYCOM affiliates carrying the game. I don't know which viewing area Pinehurst falls in but I think it is Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville. Others probably know for sure

Where to watch tomorrow's game in NYC? (duke-fsu)

Raycom is killing me, this game looks like it won't be broadcast in the NYC area. However, ESPNfullcourt will still carry the game, so if anyone knows any bars in Brooklyn or Manhattan that have the package, your help would be appreciated. A google search didn't help too much.

In Pinehurst, you should get WRAL Channel 5 out of Raleigh (not sure what # it will be on your cable system or satellite) and may also get WFMY Channel 2 out of Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem.

No problem for picking up the Duke game. You came to the right area for that.

By the way, my parents were long-time residents of the Philadelphia area who retired to Southern Pines, at least partly because of the golf (and the climate). Check out the area.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    In Pinehurst, you should get WRAL Channel 5 out of Raleigh (not sure what # it will be on your cable system or satellite) and may also get WFMY Channel 2 out of Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem.

No problem for picking up the Duke game. You came to the right area for that.

By the way, my parents were long-time residents of the Philadelphia area who retired to Southern Pines, at least partly because of the golf (and the climate). Check out the area.
    I believe I'll be playing there on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    There is a sports bar up the street from Bill Smith Ford in Southern Pines. I've never been inside. I only know about it from driving by.

This juggling to get the different sources on which the Duke games are shown on TV has been a perpetual irritant for me. I have Verizon FIOS in Arlington Virginia. To get the Raycom games I have had to subscribe to ESPN's Full Court package. To get the Fox Sports South network, I had to add the ESPN Extreme HD package.

Can't something be done about this? It seems like for just about every game on the schedule we have a discussion on DBR as to how to pick up the game. Isn't it our birthright or isn't there something attached to our Duke diplomas that says we are entitled to see the games throughout the US and possibly also in Glasgow or Moscow? If this isn't so, can't TV be nationalized like the banks and the auto companies so we can see the games all the time on national TV?

Not enough creative thinking has gone into addressing this pressing national issue.

Gerald Henderson

I'm very curious to see if we have a response to the overplay-forcing-G-to-the-middle-from-the-right-wing defensive strategy VT used so effectively (and that I'm sure FSU will try against him). If you give a great player a red carpet into the lane and devote 2-3 defenders to him in the process, you would think we should be able to make something good come from it. Didn't really happen in the VT game though.

Hey, and if nothing else, it's something for him to come back and work on next year right? Maybe? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    This juggling to get the different sources on which the Duke games are shown on TV has been a perpetual irritant for me. I have Verizon FIOS in Arlington Virginia. To get the Raycom games I have had to subscribe to ESPN's Full Court package. To get the Fox Sports South network, I had to add the ESPN Extreme HD package.

Can't something be done about this? It seems like for just about every game on the schedule we have a discussion on DBR as to how to pick up the game. Isn't it our birthright or isn't there something attached to our Duke diplomas that says we are entitled to see the games throughout the US and possibly also in Glasgow or Moscow? If this isn't so, can't TV be nationalized like the banks and the auto companies so we can see the games all the time on national TV?

Not enough creative thinking has gone into addressing this pressing national issue.
    This can be a problem for people in many parts of the country, and I love the clever way you have phrased it. However, in your particular case, the problem is your choice of vendor. If you had Directv, you would get all the games at your location without, I believe, any special packages.