Capel up for a job change and/or raise?

According to Jeff Goodman he is! Georgia Locks In on Jeff Capel: Prepared to Offer 2 Mil

This would be great news for me since Athens is about an hour's drive from here and I might get to see him coach sometimes. What really sticks out in the article are the last 2 grafs:
    "However, one issue that is interesting is that Capel is the sixth highest-paid coach in the Big 12. There’s no doubt he should be behind Texas’ Rick Barnes and Kansas’ Bill Self, but he makes less than Oklahoma State’s Travis Ford, Baylor’s Scott Drew and Texas A&M’s Mark Turgeon.

Look for that to change whether Capel remains in Norman or not."

Yeah, that last line is key. If the Georgia offer is true, he'll especially be able to parlay this season into a huge payday.

I would be beyond shocked if Capel went to Georgia. That would be a huge step down from Oklahoma, especially considering he'll probably get a pay raise anyway in Norman.

I've heard that Capel really likes Oklahoma and he has done a great jot recruiting there (surprisingly great). I have no idea why he would go from one football-crazy school to another one. As far as I know, he has no connection to Georgia (the school or the state)... I don't see it happening. I'm sure he'll refuse to talk about it during the season as well... OU will be a 1 seed (Final Four, championships, etc.).

Don't underestimate the power of Norman (the city) to help opposing universities steal coaching talent. It must be one of the worst college towns in America.

Good for him. Sounds like a win/win situation for him. Go Capel!!!

Good things in store for Jeff Capel

I have the utmost respect for Jeff and I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do. Go Duke!

Hmmm

I'm still holding out for VCU to hire him back if Anthony Grant leaves.

...and Capel is only 34. Pretty impressive.

Only Oklahoma has had good basketball teams, UGA is one of those SEC schools where basketball coaches go to die. No way in **** Capel takes the Georgia job.