Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coach K makes a plea to Crazies

In the locker room in Blacksburg Coach K just made an appeal:

"Tuesday we need an Old Fashion Cameron. We need a hungry Cameron. We need a Cameron that's worthy of the last game at home for this team. Not that our fans haven't been great, but we need everyone to come out and give these guys what they deserve."

He went on to talk about the short time in between games, how the guys have to go to classes, do homework, travel, practise...reminding everyone that what they've done over the last week is, "pretty darn special."

Please excuse my ignorance, but you are?

Or was this hypothetical and I'm thinking way too hard about it?

Ok I wont take offense at that

Just heard it on the Goduke Locker room talk by Coach K and thought it might be helpful to pass along...but perhaps ...

Tell Coach K that I'll be there and ready to rumble. Gotta give Paulus and McClure some huge love!!

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorMom View Post
    Just heard it on the Goduke Locker room talk by Coach K and thought it might be helpful to pass along...but perhaps ...
    Thanks for passing along the message. I appreciate it. I wish I was back at Duke for the next one.

It'll be emotional for Greg on Tuesday. I know it'll be weird for me at least hearing for the last time, "At guard a 6-1 Senior from Syracuse, NY."

It's the senior game so it will certainly be full (unless 1/2 of the non-TV side seats go to football recruits as occurred a few years ago...) But my impression is that usually the crowd isn't as great for senior games because certain seniors who have never been to a game finally decide to go to the last one (and get the best seats). And, it takes practice to be loud sometimes... I could be off base, but that's been my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    It's the senior game so it will certainly be full (unless 1/2 of the non-TV side seats go to football recruits as occurred a few years ago...) But my impression is that usually the crowd isn't as great for senior games because certain seniors who have never been to a game finally decide to go to the last one (and get the best seats). And, it takes practice to be loud sometimes... I could be off base, but that's been my impression.
    There has often been a difference between Senior Day for the team, and Senior Day for the kids in line. The former is always the last home game. The practice of letting seniors enter the stands first has usually been a different game, but it varies from year to year. Sometimes it's the penultimate game, sometimes the antepenultimate game.

I don't know what they're doing this year. Maybe a line monitor could shed some light.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I hope he didn't lift any chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    There has often been a difference between Senior Day for the team, and Senior Day for the kids in line. The former is always the last home game. The practice of letting seniors enter the stands first has usually been a different game, but it varies from year to year. Sometimes it's the penultimate game, sometimes the antepenultimate game.

I don't know what they're doing this year. Maybe a line monitor could shed some light.
    FSU is the senior game for both the team and students in line.

Here is the policy:

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-3652938.shtml

700 seniors doesn't sound overwhelming. I thought in the past that it was a larger number. So, I'd expect a good crowd and don't think there should be a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post

It's very consistent - for the CRAZIES it's the last home game that is NOT Carolina.

For the players it is simply the last home game.

They do at least let 150 students in before letting in the seniors with senior wristbands so that the front is filled with hard-core Crazies (that's not to say that seniors can't be in the initial line), followed by the up to 700 seniors with wristbands, followed by the rest of the students in line.
    Last edited by DukeFencer; 02-28-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post
    It's very consistent - for the CRAZIES it's the last home game that is NOT Carolina.

For the players it is simply the last home game.

They do at least let 150 students in before letting in the seniors with senior wristbands so that the front is filled with hard-core Crazies (that's not to say that seniors can't be in the initial line), followed by the up to 700 seniors with wristbands, followed by the rest of the students in line.
    It has moved around some. I'm no expert on 2005-, but my senior year in 1998, it was the antepenultimate game, Wake Forest, not the penultimate game, UCLA. And that was a Carolina-last year.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Talking Let's show up and be loud

Come early on Tuesday and be prepared to make this the loudest Cameron has been all season. FSU has a good team and we had better be ready. Please don't let our senoirs and team down and come with lot's of energy.

GO DUKE

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    It'll be emotional for Greg on Tuesday. I know it'll be weird for me at least hearing for the last time, "At guard a 6-1 Senior from Syracuse, NY."
    It would be even weirder if players were introduced with positions in Cameron.
    Last edited by msdukie; 02-28-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    FSU is the senior game for both the team and students in line.

Here is the policy:

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-3652938.shtml

700 seniors doesn't sound overwhelming. I thought in the past that it was a larger number. So, I'd expect a good crowd and don't think there should be a noticeable difference.
    We really need to get rid of "Senior Game" (not to be confused with "Senior Day") - the only purpose it has ever seemed to serve is to reward seniors who would otherwise not bother to make the effort to be Crazies/get good seats on their own. As a result, it has frequently resulted in less than spectacular crowds, hence why Carolina is never a "Senior Game." This policy should be rethought.

On that note, the policy of having the VIPs in the blue seats under the basket when the visiting team is shooting free throws versus having band/crazies behind the basket was poorly thought and should be reconsidered.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but you are?

Or was this hypothetical and I'm thinking way too hard about it?
    Yes, you are thinking WAY too hard about it. Welcome, Monitor Mom
    Bless your heart.'
    Love, Ima

I'll be at the game, if I can find tickets when I'm down there, and will let loose in wild fashion to cheer on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    We really need to get rid of "Senior Game" (not to be confused with "Senior Day") - the only purpose it has ever seemed to serve is to reward seniors who would otherwise not bother to make the effort to be Crazies/get good seats on their own. As a result, it has frequently resulted in less than spectacular crowds, hence why Carolina is never a "Senior Game." This policy should be rethought.

On that note, the policy of having the VIPs in the blue seats under the basket when the visiting team is shooting free throws versus having band/crazies behind the basket was poorly thought and should be reconsidered.
    They never did that crud when I was there (class of '86) and I am frankly surprised that such a stupid policy exists. Who thought of that. Wait, let me guess... Nan?
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Yes, you are thinking WAY too hard about it. Welcome, Monitor Mom
    Bless your heart.'
    Love, Ima
    I second that.
    Ignore the other guy's rudeness, please. Not called for or appropriate, IMO.

Smile Ah, memories!

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    It would be even weirder if players were introduced with positions in Cameron.
    The court dark with a spotlight on the Duke bench.... "And at fo-r-r-w-a-a-r-r-d from Fa-a-a-r Rock-a-wa-a-a-y Lo-n-ng- Island, number twenty f-i-i-i-ve, A-a-r-r-r-t HEY-m-a-n-n!!!!"

sagegrouse