View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match in the game at Virginia Tech?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

21 14.69%
  • David McClure

3 2.10%
  • Greg Paulus

0 0%
  • Elliot Williams

3 2.10%
  • Jon Scheyer

19 13.29%
  • Kyle Singler

96 67.13%
  • Lance Thomas

1 0.70%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Virginia Tech (II)

Who was the MOTM?

Jon Scheyer was the only consistent player in the whole game, so I gave it to him. Four 3s, a bunch of really big steals and smart plays, and some solid point guard play.

Kyle Singler had a big second half. He came through when the game got tough so I voted for him. Singler, Scheyer and Henderson combined to secure this tough road win.
    Bob Green

Kyle was solid down the stretch. He had some big second chance points late. He was a threat inside and outside, and found ways to get to the line. I agree with Bob... G and Scheyer played a big part in the win, too.

Kyle played like a man in the second half. But he clinched MOTM for me when he made that inbounds pass at the end all the way down the court to Greg. That put the game away. I guess Greg gets some credit too!

Gotta go with Singler on this one. Stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park in the 9th inning.

They negated G in the second half really well and at that point Kyle stepped it up. Hitting that big 3 early in the half and getting to the foul line a bunch. That back-door play he ran with G was absolutely huge.

8. Voting on this poll in past few weeks has been tough, when you are voting for just ONE player.

Our 3 best players are G, Singler & Jon

I also voted for Kyle. G built us a big lead, but Kyle refused to let us lose down the stretch, playing with an energy (K might call it verve) I haven't seen from him in several games. Nice to see you back big guy!

Henderson was 8-20 and 0-6 from three. Weird, going in to halftime I thought for sure he would win this game's MOTM.

My vote goes to Singler.

I'd say Singler. I was leaning toward Gerald, but I'm going to reserve all my votes for Gerald until next year and then vote for him every game.

I voted for EWill and here is why. Not sure exactly what happened, but all of a sudden, our Blue Devils seemed to be back on their heels. I am not sure what the score was at the time, but VT had "mo" on their side when he hit a 3. Thought that stopped the bleeding.

I think Gerald played a great game. They really did not have a match up for him. He just missed a few of his shots, that were mainly open, in the second half. MOTM vote for me, had to go to Kyle because of the beating he withstood throughout the entire game, and still had all the desire and stamina to overcome it, put on a great performance and refuse to lose in spite of the physical nature of both Tech's offense and defense.

Great job.

MOTM

As usual there were more than one choice for MOTM. I voted for Kyle because he stepped up in the 2nd half when we werre struggling on offense. Gerald just went cold in the 2nd half after carrying us in the first half. Jon was pretty steady, but did not shoot well from 2 point territory. Was 4-8 from 3 point territory. Elliot did an excellent job on Delaney and played pretty consistently through out the game. But Kyle and 21 pts and 4 rebs, 3 assists with zero tos. Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Any of our "top three" could have gotten my vote today. Very nearly gave it to Kyle for getting his game back, but Jon led us solidly at the point, made threes when we needed them, and made his FT's when we really needed them. I'm looking forward to again voting for someone off the bench. Hopefully it will happen soon, but a shout out to McClure, he has never dissapointed me this season. Another solid round from him tonight as well.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Jon's the MOTM today

Yes, Gerald had a huge first half. Yes, Kyle had a huge second half. But the consistent play THROUGHOUT the game came from Jon. His offense was strong, and he played excellent defense. He seems so secure with the ball... I never worry that he is going to forget what he is supposed to do!

As to Kyle's pass to Greg, it was great... but it only happened because Greg got back... great move, Greg.

Go Devils!
    DukeDevilDeb

I voted for Kyle for his second half and the cheap shot that he took. The VaTech player clearly sized Kyle up and put his elbow somewhere near his head or throat.

I voted for Kyle. Coach K challenged Kyle at the half and told him that they couldn't win without him stepping up (I am paraphrasing what I heard on the radio interview by K after the game). He seemed to really take K's words to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Jon Scheyer was the only consistent player in the whole game, so I gave it to him. Four 3s, a bunch of really big steals and smart plays, and some solid point guard play.
    How was he only credit with 3 steals? He had 3 steals in the first 10 minutes alone. I counted five. The statisticians have been awful throughout the ACC season.

What happened to Delaney? That's why I went with Elliot.