Information on game day at Cameron

Hi all-

I received tickets to the Duke-FSU game next Tuesday for my birthday and am interested in getting some information to make the most of the game day experience (as this will be my first game to attend at Cameron!).

How early should I show up?

What are the parking options?

Is pregame shoot-around open to the public?

Where do fans go BEFORE the game?

Where do fans go AFTER the game?

What's the atmosphere like in parts of Cameron other than the student section?

Any information, in addition to answers to these questions, is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Its up to you how early you want to get there. Doors open an hour and a half before gametime. If you want to get there earlier you can. I know there will be both grad students (Wallace Wade side of Cameron) and undergrads (campus side of Cameron) there well before that hanging out and having a couple adult beverages. Parking is usually 5 dollars. If you get there early, the lots on Towerview may still have spots, but after that, you'll be stuck parking at either the Bryan Center or the Circuit drive lots. As far as before the game, most students are in line for a while hanging out. After the game, theres no defined places. I usually either hit Armadillo Grill on campus or Devine's/Sati's/Federal/Alivia's on main street.

Atmosphere in the "above the rail" section varies game to game. You'll be sitting down most of the game though, unless the students tell you to "stand up".

Definitely stop by KVille and check out some of the craziness that goes into preparing for the game in line. Many students will actually be painting up outside and those especially in the front will be jumping up and down and maybe even starting a few chants about 10 or 15 minutes before they're allowed into Cameron (aka 100 or 105 minutes before tip off). Plus, they love to talk to those who come to Cameron for the first time and give them a good dose of spirit.

There was another thread recently about a guy who took his two sons to the Wake game and the things they did before and after, if you want to take a few suggestions from his trip. Sati's in Brightleaf Square on Main (just east of East Campus) is definitely a good choice for a post-game food and beverage run.

Crazies

As noted, you should show up before they open the doors (an hour and a half ahead of game time) so that you can talk to the Crazies, who will be lined up waiting to get in. They enjoy talking to people about their activities, so it's part of the experience. You can ask for Victoria if you'd like, and you can even ask her what it was like to meet Kyle Singler's mom and high school coach before the Wake game.

The ones at the head of the line have spent the night (and more) and I understand that some of the seniors are planning to have steak dinners delivered to celebrate their last night in K-Ville. The tents went down after the Carolina game, but you will get a good idea of what it's like anyway.

The undergraduates sit on the lower north side (opposite the benches) and the graduates on the lower west side (behind the basket), and that's what you always see on TV. The adults are more boring and actually sit during the games, but that's not allowed in the student sections. They stand outside, then for an hour and half before game time, then an hour or so during the first half, then they may sit for a bit at the half, then they stand another hour for the second half.

Other than the cheers (see if someone can show you the information sheet for this particular game) you will see that the undergraduates jump up and down before the tip, and also every time the other team has the ball. There's never a dull moment in Cameron.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my questions*. I feel much more prepared for tomorrow night's game...in the sense of I know what to expect and where to be when. Of course I wish my seats were in the student section but regardless, there will be no lack of enthusiasm on my part. I will be the one sporting the homemade stenciled t-shirt so if you see me, say hello!

*Despite trying to search for answers to these questions on the forum before I posted, many related threads showed up AFTER I posted. I am sure you all get tired of the duplication in personal queries.