Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I always worry about injuries when we play VT. They're one of my "hoodlum" teams.

Perhaps Jay thinks we'll miss Nolan more than a little.

-jk

Tip Off time?

All of the schedules say 3:30, but it doesn't come on until 4:00, after the Clemson game. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    All of the schedules say 3:30, but it doesn't come on until 4:00, after the Clemson game. Which is it?

The game is on ABC at 3:30. But there will be about 15 minutes of previews, and the game will start around 3:45 on ABC

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Maybe he thinks Duke is the 11th-best team in the country. Far-fetched, I know.
    I was asking about any basis Jay provided for his prediction of a 7 point loss to VT today, but you apparently did not read or follow the string and chose to spout off sarcastically. Equally far fetched, I'm sure.
    Last edited by 77devil; 02-28-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Seth Davis picked against us too. I think it could be that a lot of people just don't know if they can "believe" in Duke yet, given the way we've faded at the end of the past few seasons--and looked like we were about to do it again before the lineup change. I was a little annoyed with Davis picking against us for the VT game, after he had just picked against us for the Wake game and been proven wrong, but I don't think it's anything "anti-Duke." I just think people are looking at us with caution and don't really know if we've gotten over the hump yet. We still haven't necessarily answered questions about our defense (not saying our defense is bad, just that it hasn't looked as elite as it did earlier in the year). And the line-up change has looked good for three games, but all it would take would be for Elliot to play like a normal inexperienced freshman, and we would have some serious trouble. But here's hoping he doesn't, and we don't, and we prove all these sports analysts wrong!
    Last edited by zingit; 02-28-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: adding the part about defense

It's always nice to be able to play the "Nobody believes in us" card. I hope everyone keeps picking against Duke for the rest of the season. Any little bit of extra motivation can't hurt come tournament time!

8. Go DUKE ! ! ! !

Gerald Henderson is the man!!!

Where is the game being shown right now?

Its on ABC

I'm stuck watching clemson and fsu!!!!

Im so stoked on this new rotation! Seems like we are getting better and poised for a deep run March!

scheyer heating up!

We're stuck on 32.

I like K giving Zoubek chance to show something here with a nice lead. However I think he seems a bit lost in the Duke offense unfortunately.

THis last 5 minutes has been pretty sloppy by both teams. Too bad cause Duke cld have blown the game wide open. Lets see some offense fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by dbd4ever View Post
    I'm stuck watching clemson and fsu!!!!
    Same here. I got to watch all of 43 seconds of the first half. Yay.

Where has Kyle Singler gone

I am really concerned about Kyle's low production lately. Just seems not to flourish in this offense. Someone mentioned Zoubek, but it seems he's just setting picks and no low post inside outside ball movement. Thank God for Gerald. He's our offense. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmjo View Post
    I like K giving Zoubek chance to show something here with a nice lead. However I think he seems a bit lost in the Duke offense unfortunately.

THis last 5 minutes has been pretty sloppy by both teams. Too bad cause Duke cld have blown the game wide open. Lets see some offense fellas!
    Yea, I think we cqn give up on playing a true post player this year. Our best 5 are now starting and then I think it drops off significantly when we put in the reserves. Of course David is playing fairly well - but not much else from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I am really concerned about Kyle's low production lately. Just seems not to flourish in this offense. Someone mentioned Zoubek, but it seems he's just setting picks and no low post inside outside ball movement. Thank God for Gerald. He's our offense. Go Duke!
    I think there's an inverse correlation between the time Singler plays at center on defense (when LT or McClure are in) and his offensive production. He looks tired.