Georgetown - Villanova on ESPN

If any of you are sitting around looking for something to do, turn this game on. 2 point game with 4 minutes, both teams playing hard, and the crowd is really into it. Obviously this game means a lot to the Hoyas, but it could have big seeding implications for Nova too. Give it a look if you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    If any of you are sitting around looking for something to do, turn this game on. 2 point game with 4 minutes, both teams playing hard, and the crowd is really into it. Obviously this game means a lot to the Hoyas, but it could have big seeding implications for Nova too. Give it a look if you have the chance.
    I'm watching, as I couldn't bear to watch the Holes-GT game. There's 2 min left now, and it appears that neither team wants it very much at the moment. Are they resting until the 1 min mark?

Ok, let me rephrase. Defenses look good. Offenses not so much. I refer only to the last few minutes of play... wow GT only has 1 TO left & Nova has 4.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm watching, as I couldn't bear to watch the Holes-GT game. There's 2 min left now, and it appears that neither team wants it very much at the moment. Are they resting until the 1 min mark?

Ok, let me rephrase. Defenses look good. Offenses not so much. I refer only to the last few minutes of play... wow GT only has 1 TO left & Nova has 4.
    Yeah, the defenses are playing hard, Nova just got a sick block on a Georgetown breakaway, but there hasn't been a point scored since I posted this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yeah, the defenses are playing hard, Nova just got a sick block on a Georgetown breakaway, but there hasn't been a point scored since I posted this thread.
    VERY little scoring in the last 3-4 min... 4 points for each team.

3.5 sec left. GTown up by 2.

Edit: And GT wins 56-54.

Georgetown is being pesky. They have 10 Big East losses, which is not good. But they counter that with wins over Memphis, @UConn, @Villanova, and Syracuse, and they have wins over bubble teams Maryland and Providence, and only one bad loss (@Seton Hall). If they win out to get to 8-10 in conference (and they should), they're going to be an interesting case.