Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

VTech Game TV

Looks like the games on ABC, but there are a TON of games on ABC at 3:30. How do I know which game I'm getting? (need to make adjustments if I have to head to a bar)

I'm in NYC

Thanks
    -Skitz

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Looks like the games on ABC, but there are a TON of games on ABC at 3:30. How do I know which game I'm getting? (need to make adjustments if I have to head to a bar)

I'm in NYC

Thanks
    -Skitz
    Check out the coverage map:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...veragemaps2009

You're good in NYC.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Check out the coverage map:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...veragemaps2009

You're good in NYC.
    How do you guys find this stuff??!!

Sweet! Thanks for the help

I knew I was going to get stuck with OK v TX living in Big 12 coverage. I hope the game is on ESPN 360.

here's a little idea...if you're out of the triangle and you just HAVE to see Duke play every game...and you have a FRIEND back here in the triangle. Invest in a Slingbox. (around $100 for the simple AV model - more for hd)

This nifty little device connects by ethernet cable from the cable box to the person's cable or dsl router. then ALL OF THE CABLE content in that subscriber's package can be accessed from anywhere through the internet. there are no additional charges or costs...

now the person in the triangle needs to of course agree to this (duh) and if it's hooked to their main cable box, you're gonna be watching what THEY are watching...when they switch channels YOU will see that switch also..

If they hook up the slingbox to another box in the house, you can actually control that box from where you are...

talk about the greatest thing since sliced bread!! I never miss a duke game...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    here's a little idea...if you're out of the triangle and you just HAVE to see Duke play every game...and you have a FRIEND back here in the triangle. Invest in a Slingbox. (around $100 for the simple AV model - more for hd)

This nifty little device connects by ethernet cable from the cable box to the person's cable or dsl router. then ALL OF THE CABLE content in that subscriber's package can be accessed from anywhere through the internet. there are no additional charges or costs...

now the person in the triangle needs to of course agree to this (duh) and if it's hooked to their main cable box, you're gonna be watching what THEY are watching...when they switch channels YOU will see that switch also..

If they hook up the slingbox to another box in the house, you can actually control that box from where you are...

talk about the greatest thing since sliced bread!! I never miss a duke game...
    That's an interesting idea. I might have to talk to some relatives about this.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    How do you guys find this stuff??!!
    Sometimes I think that I must be internet challenged! Friends of mine are constantly finding things of interest on the internet. Mean while I seem to be stuck looking at the same half dozen - dozen cites. Oh well, it's good to know that some people out there are able to manipulate Al Gore's amazing internet!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Sometimes I think that I must be internet challenged! Friends of mine are constantly finding things of interest on the internet. Mean while I seem to be stuck looking at the same half dozen - dozen cites. Oh well, it's good to know that some people out there are able to manipulate Al Gore's amazing internet!
    I'm an expert googler I knew regional coverage maps existed...just didn't know where.

college basketball abc regional coverage maps

First hit.

internet

I have to thank the people who every game end up posting that people can watch on the internet on channelsuring.net, I believe or justintv, I think it is, as these have saved me. Not great quality, but a heckuva lot better than following stats, or gamecast, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I knew I was going to get stuck with OK v TX living in Big 12 coverage. I hope the game is on ESPN 360.
    It is on ESPN360 and Full court.

MBB: Virginia Tech (II) Pre-Game Thread

Has no one started the pre-game thread, or have I had too much wine and can't find it?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I hate Nolan is out as that puts a bit more pressure on E-Will, however, after posting 3 solid games in a row, it appears E-Will is up to the challenge.

E-Will gets another tough assignment on D in Delaney, so we need him to play well. Vassallo and Delaney carry the bulk of the offensive load for Tech, so shut them down and you win.

For those who buy into the late season fatigue factor, I assume the fact that both Delaney and Vassallo are averaging 37 mpg in conference play should mean they are wearing down and will not be 100% effective.

Dave will be valuable in this game as he can log minutes guarding Vassallo, Delaney, and even Allen if needed. Duke needs to play the kind of D we saw in the late stages of the twerp game, limit penetration, and take away the 3-Ball. Both Delaney and Vassallo get a high percentage of their points from 3's.

On offense, Duke needs good motion, a focus on attacking the basket with Gerald, E-Will, and Scheyer, and what I call "good" 3's, with the 3 attempts coming off connecting plays. And Singler needs to be Singler.

Greg needs to be exactly what he was in the twerp game, a solid bench player that comes in, hits his 3's, and plays smart.

Should be another game where Zoubs and Plumlee get a chance. Would be nice too, if the same thing that has happened with E-Will happens for Miles. That would be awesome for him and the team. Lance needs to be the good Lance of late and give the team energy and intangibles.

If Duke plays the way they have in this latest winning streak, I like our chances of coming away with a win. Will not be easy for sure, but I would put my money on the good guys in this one.

Go Duke!

It is very puzzling this thread is getting no play. This is yet another huge ACC road game. Win and it's exhilarating and encouraging, lose and we're 'knocked back' yet again. This is an extremely tough VaTech team that is fighting for their lives to get into the tournament and they have always played us well. Remember these guys did just beat Clemson in Littlejohn.

I would absolutely love for us to be at 10 ACC wins with two games to go. Here's to hoping that occurs.

Jeff Allen is an absolute load. We may have issues matching up with him. He could very well fill out the box score with another double-double in this one. I would like to see us drive and attack like we did vs. the terps. Hopefully we can open things up for shooters and force them into foul issues. And ofcourse I would love to see some defense come through in this one.

In individual stats for conference games only, Delaney is averaging 21.5 pts/gm, ahead of Teague, Henderson, Hansbrough, and many other better known players; he trails only Toney Douglas and Jack McClinton. It's such a good year for guards in the league that Delaney has been largely unrecognized, despite his numbers. Obviously, he's dangerous and he scores in bunches. Defending Delaney will be a major challenge for EWill, and Jon will probably also play him some of the time.

I'm worried about starting slow on the road and having the crowd be involved. VaTech under Greenberg often plays physically and sometimes a little rough.

Nolan will be missed, so the rest of the bench needs to step up.

I see this as a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    In individual stats for conference games only, Delaney is averaging 21.5 pts/gm...

I'm worried about starting slow on the road and having the crowd be involved. VaTech under Greenberg often plays physically and sometimes a little rough.

Nolan will be missed, so the rest of the bench needs to step up.

I see this as a close game.
    I also see this as a close game, and an extremely important one. The Hokies have yanked our chain multiple times, and we don't even have Sean Dockery for end of game magic!

Here's hoping that Gerald and Jon are masterful and steady, that E-Will can put immense pressure on the ball while guarding Delaney, that we get many more offensive rebounds than we did against Maryland, that we can stop guards driving to the basket better than we did against Maryland, and that our center by committee (in which I include Zoubs, Lance, Miles, AND Dave) can give the strongest defensive performance of the year.

We REALLY need this win... and I too am puzzled about why there isn't more action on this thread.

GO DEVILS!!
    DukeDevilDeb

Maybe we are still basking in the glow of the last game and don't want to wreck mojo?

Hi,

Let's just say, I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrows game and I don't want to upset the woof gods in any way.

GO DUKE!

Another chance to show their toughness

This game is another chance to show that these guys are tough against a very tough and determined Va. Tech team. Anyone who thinks Va. Tech doesn't have what it takes hasn't been playing attention. Still, we match up pretty well with these guys. I'm guessing that defense will suddenly come back to front and center. You can't ask for more than a chance to prove yourself, and this team will have that opportunity game after game until this season is over. Even with Nolan out, the depth is there to back him up and support this team until he is back. There are guys on this team who still have something to prove and who still know they can play at a higher level. The danger is falling into sitting around and waiting for one or two guys to carry the load on offense. It may be one or two, but let's hope its a different one or two all the way through.
    GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    I also see this as a close game, and an extremely important one.

We REALLY need this win... and I too am puzzled about why there isn't more action on this thread.

GO DEVILS!!
    Apprehension probably. The last game's floor play makes this one a little scary. The final score against Md is misleading due to the number of free throws taken down through the last minute of the game.

Greenberg is a good motivator for his team. He communicates well to them and they are good at following through on his instructions. They do however, show a lesser degree of talent to make his instructs fruitful. On their home floor, just off a big win at Clemson, they have a lot of confidence.

Keep them off the boards. Beat them down the floor on defensive transitions. Duke should be able to come away with the win.

20. I agree this is a key game psychologically.

If we win this game, we only have to worry about FSU at home where we will be well-positioned. Then it's all about beating UNC @ UNC -- when you're playing for the ACC Regular Season champ and a possible #1 seed, well, anything can happen.

But if we lose this game, we're likely out of the regular season race. FSU would be viewed as a "must win" for us to maintain momentum and get a high NCAA tourney seed. We'd also be in danger of being seeded #4 in the ACC tourney, where UNC would likely wait in the semi-finals. If we lose our last 3 games, we'd be in danger of falling out of the top 4 and would have to play the first round in the ACC tournament!

So yeah, it'd be good to win another one this Saturday.