Thread: FSU-Clemson

FSU-Clemson

Game is Sunday. One of them has to lose.

Given the standings, who's loss is better for Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post

Well, since Clemson beat us and FSU has lost to us, a Clemson loss is better. If we're tied with Clemson, we fall behind them. If we're tied with FSU, there's a chance we win the tiebreaker (either head-to-head or on comparable opponents).

Though ultimately it may not make a big difference.

From an NCAA seeding standpoint, an FSU win is better because we play them twice. Much like Michigan beating Purdue. It improves our strength of schedule and RPI, by giving us 2 opponent wins versus just one opponent defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, since Clemson beat us and FSU has lost to us, a Clemson loss is better. If we're tied with Clemson, we fall behind them. If we're tied with FSU, there's a chance we win the tiebreaker (either head-to-head or on comparable opponents).

Though ultimately it may not make a big difference.
    I agree that a Clemson loss is best for Duke. We also get FSU at home next Tuesday, which is a chance for us to tag another L on the 'Noles.

Smile FSU--Clemson is Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post

Andy Katz, another pal of Duke, considers Coach Hamilton the leader as ACC COY.
    A number of FSU fans think Leonard has a lot to learn about good coaching decisions in the last couple of minutes of tight games.

Earlier this year, FSU came from 19 points down on the road to beat Clemson 65--61.

FSU usually plays very hard ,so I do not know if it is better to have a happy FSU team that is more confident after beating Clemson or a hungry FSU team after a loss playing us next week.FSU seems to be a trap game for us in Tallahassee----we have only lost once in Cameron to them.FSU is not a team I'd like us to play right before UNC.

Best regards--Blueprofessor

Ideally, assuming we can pull out wins against VT and FSU (no small feat), then I think it would be best for us if Wake were to finish alone in third place in the ACC.

In that case, the last game with UNC (assuming they win their next two games) would be for the ACC regular championship and No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament, because if we beat UNC and finish with the same record, we would (correct me if I am wrong) hold the tiebreaker over UNC by virtue of having a better record against the next best team, Wake.

So it is not out of the question that this Duke team could still accomplish the goal of ACC regular season champion and no. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Ideally, assuming we can pull out wins against VT and FSU (no small feat), then I think it would be best for us if Wake were to finish alone in third place in the ACC.

In that case, the last game with UNC (assuming they win their next two games) would be for the ACC regular championship and No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament, because if we beat UNC and finish with the same record, we would (correct me if I am wrong) hold the tiebreaker over UNC by virtue of having a better record against the next best team, Wake.

So it is not out of the question that this Duke team could still accomplish the goal of ACC regular season champion and no. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament.
    If we win out, we will be at worst (and most likely) co-champions of the regular season. The ACC does not use the tie-breaker for the ACC regular season honor - just for seeding purposes. So if we win out and UNC beats Ga Tech, we would be co-champs. If that happens AND Wake finishes ahead of Clemson, we'll get the #1 seed.

An FSU win over Clemson makes them a lock for the tourney. I'm in favor of wins that get ACC teams over the hump and into the tourney, except when they must come at Duke's expense.

Thus, I want FSU to win over Clemson, and then I want to watch them get hammered in Cameron on Tuesday.