Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 78 Maryland 67 Post-Game Thread

Please discuss here.

We left a lot of free throws on the table. That's my only complaint.

A real gutty win. We would not have won this the last two years. Thank you depth, health, maturity!

Great, great win for the good guys. I have a feeling this game will propel us forward the rest of the way to the ACC tourney. Had we lost this one, I would have matter-a-factly said the season was over. Glad that didn't happen. Now I feel really good about the remainder of the schedule. I think we overcame some stuff tonight and got our swagger back.

Gary

Speaking of health, I hope Nolan is OK. He's had a really rough few weeks. That screen was pretty much legal, but the forearm was kind of cheap.

Very nice W. Elliot Williams is getting better exponentially!

I thought Paulus had a really good game... it's good to see him embracing his role off the bench and knocking down a couple threes.

Elliot was the difference today. He was huge on the offensive glass.

Great win

I think it's hard not to be completely pleased with this game. Sure, you can quibble here and there (esp. re: Kyle's game), but we came into a VERY hostile atmosphere and our guys -- most notably Elliott, who's emergence is nothing short of a revelation -- handled it beautifully. And we really played fantastic defense in the second half after getting abused in the lane in the first half. Everyone seems to know their role and is doing their part. I'm as pleased with this win as any win this season.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    We left a lot of free throws on the table. That's my only complaint.

A real gutty win. We would not have won this the last two years. Thank you depth, health, maturity!
    Definitely a tough it out win. A vast reversal from the Clemson game.

Not exactly a WWE Smackdown, but a win, nevertheless. Quality shows. I hope that Nolan is OK, he is needed.

I thought Heather Cox and Mike Patrick were an embarrassment tonight. Cox siting a message board for things that didn't happen, and bring up the pulling the fire alarm is an embarrassment. Then Patrick's reaction to the Smith injury was disgusting. How someone can get so excited over someone being injured is mind boggling.

Henderson got pissed though and went on a tear in the 2nd half and showed emotion like I had never seen. Paulus looked great as the off guard and Elliot gets to the basket quicker then anyone I have ever seen if I had never seen G play. Singler also had a gutty performance with a double double. Gutty win that 2 weeks ago we don't get. I'm really pleased.

Tough, Gritty, ACC Win.

1) Zou and Paulus really lifted us in the first half when it seemed like MD was controlling the game and pulling away.

2) I hope Nolan is okay. He was playing pretty well until the screen.

3) After the team came out of the injury/commercial timeout G was ANGRY. You wouldn't like him angry. Oh....My... God. The dunk, the jumper, the three, the block. G got angry and the game turned into a street fight.

4) Elliot Williams was beyond great. If you take away his silly backcourt fouls, he played a SPECTACULAR game. He scrapped, drove to the hoop, hit a three, didn't turn the ball over. Great game.

5) Singler looks a step slow and a bit less meaner, and he made a few uncharacteristic boneheaded plays. I hope he hasn't caught the slump bug from Scheyer and is just feeling a little under the weather. Great rebounding though.

6) I am a little concerned about the defense, but all in all, great ACC win in a tough environment against a team that was hitting some spectacular shots.

Great win. I have to comment on the Md. fans: they are the worst I have every seen. I don't even have the words to express what I am feeling about them at this time. Well, I have some, but I won't use them on this board.

Whew

This win felt pretty good. I really liked the fact that after Nolan went down, G seemed REALLY pissed and made several spectacular plays for revenge. Solid play by Elliot, Lance and Dave did their thing, Kyle managed to contribute after a quiet first half.

I really hope Nolan's okay, though I don't think a concussion will be a season ending injuring right?

Also, I wonder what K said to Vasquez right after the game to make him laugh.

Nolan

Dont forget to mention him in your prayers tonight, tomorrow and on until he comes back!

I really hope he's ok and rest will cure him.

Tough physical game, glad we came away with a win. This was a dangerous game that could have gone the other way. I kept waiting for various things to be thrown onto the floor from the terp fans, as the game was getting a bit chippy and the fans were roudy throughout showing a lack of class. I hope we can keep building on this win and put a nice streak together - one where we don't lose again for the rest of the year would be nice.

GREAT W, especially considering that Maryland was playing their best ball of the season coming in and played at a high level for 90% of this one. I just love it when Duke wins at College Park and silences those boorish Terp fans. It was an added bonus that Maryland was unable to bolster their tournament resume at our expense.

Huge week thus far Duke with another tough one coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by gwwilburn View Post
    Speaking of health, I hope Nolan is OK. He's had a really rough few weeks. That screen was pretty much legal, but the forearm was kind of cheap.
    Bilas kept going on and on about what a legal screen it was, but Neal did not hit Nolan with his chest. Neal gave a bit of extra oomph of forearm to the jaw. If you're going to T up Kyle for an inadvertant elbow to Hansbrough's jaw, I would think raising the forearm to Nolan's jaw would merit a foul.

Notice how in many arenas, when a player of either team appears seriously hurt and is lying motionless on the floor, there is a hush? Not in Maryland! Jubilant celebration.

You could hear on TV pretty clearly what the Md fans were shouting with regard to Singler I can't believe that it would be allowed on national TV. Does the ACC have no standards for behavior and/or language? It is clear that ESPN doesn't.
    Last edited by mgtr; 02-25-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I totally cave -- who is Willie Hodge?

Quote Originally Posted by vb5678 View Post
    Also, I wonder what K said to Vasquez right after the game to make him laugh.
    I'll bet K was joking with Vasquez about his comment about Cameron being "Coach K's house" in his post-game interview after the UNC game.

Maryland Fans are TERRIBLE.

Cheering when Nolan was down

"F*** you Singler"

... it just leaves me speechless