View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match in the game at Maryland?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

144 73.85%
  • David McClure

0 0%
  • Greg Paulus

0 0%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Jon Scheyer

2 1.03%
  • Kyle Singler

2 1.03%
  • Nolan Smith

1 0.51%
  • Lance Thomas

1 0.51%
  • Elliot Williams

44 22.56%
  • Brian Zoubek

1 0.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Maryland (II)

Who was the Man of the Match in the game at Maryland?

Gerald Henderson, E-mail a close second.
    Last edited by 91.92.01DUKE; 02-25-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Oh do we have e-mail

It's gotta be G for the way he responded after Nolan got hurt. Ridiculous dunk followed by a sick block followed by a nice jumper. That was the turning point IMO. Elliott played great and Singler had a quiet almost double-double, but G was the MAN.

One Word: EllliotWilliams

Gerald has to be number 1 (except NBA scouts are not allowed to look!) and EWill is number 2. Where, oh where, has my little Kyle gone?

G. He took charge after Nolan was hurt and showed Md. we wouldn't back down.

G

G. His statement dunk after Nolan's injury was just that. Not to mention the other plays he made in that stretch.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr484 View Post
    It's gotta be G for the way he responded after Nolan got hurt. Ridiculous dunk followed by a sick block followed by a nice jumper. That was the turning point IMO.
    I went with Gerald as well. Dude was a maniac after Nolan went down. And could have gotten alot more points had the refs noticed he was getting grabbed the majority of the night.

Gotta be G. People will point out Williams talking about his big rebounds, but G really was better, the only stats he fell behind in was offensive rebounds (1 less) and turnovers (had 2 more, but also had 2 more assists to go with 4 blocks).

Quote Originally Posted by 91.92.01DUKE View Post
    Gerald Henderson, E-mail a close second.
    I concur.

I had to go with Elliot. As Mike Patrick put it "he doesn't look like a freshman anymore," which is a huge improvement considering the fact that he looked like a high school sophmore for much of the season. He has gone from looking totally lost to being a major impact player - reminds me in a lot of ways of a young G.

Gerald showed new emotion after the Nolan injury. He put us on his back.

The Man

Gerald really seemed to take it personnaly when Nolan was injured. At the first of the year we were waiting on him to just take over. Well folks he has done just that. He is doing everything he can to win games for us. He drives, dunks, hits 3 pointers, hits if free throws, plays defense and is now taking charge when he needs to. By the way I voted for him. Go Duke!

I vote for Vasquez. Watching him get 5 fouls MADE MY NIGHT.

G is unreal.

EW

The two plays on loose balls that EW made down the stretch were the difference tonight. Gerald was great and Kyle had a double-double, but EW's elevated play made the difference.

Elliot had an excellent game and everything, but Gerald completely took over this game on both ends of the floor. He made big shots, got us going emotionally, and had several huge defensive plays. Pretty much everyone played well in some respect but Gerald was a man among boys in this which was an extremely physical, hard fought game.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Gerald was beyond awesome. Once again, Elliot Williams proves he is not who he was. And Brian Zoubek welcomingly returns to some valuable minutes. Great win from the team, #15 is MOTM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Elliot. 15 pts on 6 for 7 shooting. Two baskets on big offensive rebounds at key points of game. G did scored 19 on 7 for 17 shooting, nothing wrong with that, and he played great, made some key defensive plays and blocks. Could easily vote for him as well.

This was a tough road game and Elliot's floor game was impressive, especially for a freshman with only a few starts. For instance, and this is probably what gets him my vote, that pass to Scheyer for the 3 at the end of the game that opened up the lead and put the game out of reach, that was just a great, unselfish, feel for the game kind of play. Those are the kinds of plays that start to make a good team really good and give them a chance to make a run come tourney time.

Heather Cox, for redefining the role of a sideline reporter tonight.