Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 101, Wake Forest 91 Post-Game Thread

Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

(9) Duke (101) vs. (8) Wake Forest (91) Pregame Thread

AWESOME win for Duke. Best game for G, Scheyer and EWILL. Discuss this here.

Wow... Gerald Henderson's performance was nothing short of amazing.

100 points and a win. Let's all celebrate!

Only saw the second half, but...

G and Scheyer were the men tonight.

E-Will played great tonight.

This gives some pay back after the Wake game earlier this year.

And I loved the "One More Year" chants from the Crazies while G was being interviewed.

One question, when was the last time we had two guys score 30 in a game. I would think it was sometime when we had J.J. and Sheldon.

Great game by G and Scheyer. I think Elliot has officially arrived for Duke!!

Wow! Lets all gang up on Singler -- then G and Jon wipe the floor with them. This should also put paid to those who criticized playing EWill. A great performance from the frosh. 65 points by the roomies, too.

Phew!!! I was getting REALLY worried when the lead got down to 2, and no one could stop their guards.

Great heart to pull that one out!! If E-Will can play like that, he will be a Godsend.

I feel horribly for Zoubs...did he get 1 minute?

But, on the good/great side, G...what can you say....big time star!!!!

Huge, huge win.

Breaks up an offensive slump. Shows that Duke has more depth and that K is FINALLY willing to play some of the young blood.

Also lends some credence to the fact that Duke is indeed a top 10 worthy team.

Still got some toughies to go, though... FSU scares me as an overlook game with UNC right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Phew!!! I was getting REALLY worried when the lead got down to 2, and no one could stop their guards.

Great heart to pull that one out!! If E-Will can play like that, he will be a Godsend.

I feel horribly for Zoubs...did he get 1 minute?

But, on the good/great side, G...what can you say....big time star!!!!
    Z was not going to get any playing time against Wake. Horrible, horrible matchup for him, as we saw last time they played.

Outstanding

Extraordinary game with a postseason feel.

When was the last time Duke had two players score 30? I guess the new uniforms work!

The 61% FG defense was bad, but the 36 free throws were impressive, even though we had some real problems at the end.

Henderson's and Scheyer's back-to-back threes were huge.

We only had one field goal off the bench, but Williams' 11 points and early steals were big.

Duke-Wake games

Man these games with Wake are too exciting for me. If this keeps up(tournament) I may have a stroke. Great game for the team and Jon and Gerald in particular. I am not going to say anything negative about this game come hell or highwater. We really needed this game and the guys came through. Go Duke!

So happy to see Jon looking more comfortable in his shot again. I really love the move Coach K made with the starting lineup, the confidence seems to have shot up for the team. Loving the way Williams is playing as well, he makes some mindless mistakes here and there but that will get better with more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Still got some toughies to go, though... FSU scares me as an overlook game with UNC right after.
    What about @Maryland on Wed, or @VT? They are all tough. Frankly, 2 and 2 would not surprise me...actually, nothing would surprise me...

All of those teams are excellent.

Hit the century mark! G was just unreal, as was Scheyer. There were also a number of key perfomances, including Elliot proving he belongs. Lance was also great. Duke finally slowed down Wake's guards a little in the last five minutes by putting Lance on the ball. Great coaching move, and it is nice to have a 6'8 guy that athletic.

The best defense is a good offense.

The most enjoyable game I've watched this season. Superb games by both Gerald and Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    When was the last time Duke had two players score 30? I guess the new uniforms work!
    1980 vs Clemson at Clemson. Banks and Geminski both were over 30. Duke lost.

A marquee win for Duke...

This game is exactly what the doctor ordered for Duke. Great win guys, now let's carry that momentum forward through the next several weeks and on into the tourney!

It's always a pleasure to know that the Duke crowd does NOT storm the floor. I did storm my own living room however.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    What about @Maryland on Wed, or @VT? They are all tough. Frankly, 2 and 2 would not surprise me...actually, nothing would surprise me...

All of those teams are excellent.
    I feel better about those games in terms of preparedness... Plus, while MD is playing better, they're still doo-doo.

VT will be tough.