View Poll Results: What do you think of the new jerseys?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

57 30.16%
  • Nay

56 29.63%
  • Meh

16 8.47%
  • Just win, baby

60 31.75%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I really like them. I want to buy one. They're pretty subtle on TV.

We seem to be playing well while wearing them. I vote that we keep them.

30% lighter?

I'm too short to play basketball beyond 5th grade rec, but I wasn't under the impression that weight of uniform highly influences performance. As an engineer, I could understand if the new uniforms have more stretch or some sort of way to prevent torsion and alleviate uncomfortable fabric tension across the chest/torso, but weight? Anyone have more insight on the "scientific advancement" aspect? Is it actually helpful? (psst, the half time score points to "possibly")

I missed the story behind the jerseys. I thought a few games ago they did a piece on the team designing shoes that had a similar graphic - is this part of the same deal? Maybe it was the jersey instead of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I missed the story behind the jerseys. I thought a few games ago they did a piece on the team designing shoes that had a similar graphic - is this part of the same deal? Maybe it was the jersey instead of shoes.
    Here is a link to the shoe story: http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/blog.asp?pid=352

There is a similarity with the back of the new jerseys so they are probably related.

OK...now we LOVE those new jerseys!!

Great game!

Go Duke!!!

i liked the jerseys before the game.

After the game, I'm in love with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    As an avowed traditionalist who has only worn his jerseys when playing a sport, lemme say they are terrible. Simply terrible. I look at NHL jerseys now, all of these third jerseys and alternate jerseys, and they are TERRIBLE; it seems Nike wants to do the same here.

I always urge my students to read the classics, and I tell them "They aren't classics because they stink or they are old. They are classic because, even after fifty years, everyone who reads them says "Wow, that was amazing!"" It is the same with jerseys, if you ask me.
    I'm sure our team likes them otherwise we wouldn't be wearing them. If our team likes them I like them.

Hated the jerseys when I first saw them but if we continue to play like that I'll love them.

Didn't know about the new jerseys until I saw them during the game, and I gotta say I don't like them. The design is very distracting. Since I didn't know about it ahead of time, it took me a while to figure out whether that was a pattern on the jersey or if everyone was just really sweaty.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the elaborate pattern on the jersey unless it is to distract and confuse the opponent. Unfortunately it has the same effect on the fans.

Yay. They look good and we win in them.

The design is very subtle, especially on TV, so I don't really mind them. But heres a stat- Coach K is undefeated when his teams wear a silly Nike design graphic on the back. Team USA and Duke.

Count me in with the group that wonders what's wrong with the plain blue and white. While I don't really care for these unis, at least they're waaaay better than those putrid '95 'blue shoulder stripe' monstrosities.

Speaking of the '95 edition, the current diamond shape on the shorts is a holdover from that dark year and I'd like to see them discarded in favor of the older 'wedge' shape.

Also, as was mentioned, please go back to the blue and white road uniform.

That is all.

We won and played great. We might need to wear these the rest of the season. In fact, we should not stop wearing them until we lose in them. After that we should try garters with roses! Rose goes one front big guy

Watching the game, I thought the graphic was somehow part of the fabric design to make it cooler/lighter. Now that I see the pictures above, YUCK! If there is no purpose to the graphic other than it being a design, chuck these things right now.

I like the general idea, but would tweak the execution a bit. I'd make the "gothic architechture" theme stand out more by eliminating the "D" logo and most of the black trim. I don't like the black trim there in the first place.

I didn't catch the game on teevee, only the highlights. I couldn't tell whether it was a new design or the air conditioners in Cameron had been left off for too long.

I'm surprised some people actually like them. I was watching over the internet last night, low res, and spent a good chunk of the first half thinking, wow, G is sure sweating hard today. Maybe (hopefully) they'll look better in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by BluDevilGal View Post
    Didn't know about the new jerseys until I saw them during the game, and I gotta say I don't like them. The design is very distracting. Since I didn't know about it ahead of time, it took me a while to figure out whether that was a pattern on the jersey or if everyone was just really sweaty.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the elaborate pattern on the jersey unless it is to distract and confuse the opponent. Unfortunately it has the same effect on the fans.
    Interesting. I had the exact opposite opinion. I saw the design here ahead of time and expected them to be drastically different. It was well into the first half before I saw a shot of one from the back and realized these jerseys were 'new.' From the front they look exactly the same.

Was kind of ambivalent yesterday, but if we play well in them, I could grow to like them very much.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Those suck. I know Nike pretty much owns everyone's soul, but I cannot believe Coach K approved of this. Whether or not it fits in line with the message the Team USA uniforms were trying to convey, I don't really care. Those jerseys pictured above don't convey Duke Basketball; they convey a 50 Cent and Sean Combs MC'ed game on the playground.

Unbelievable. Just when you think our jerseys can't get any worse. Please tell me what's wrong with these:

My goodness.
    that's when a jersey was a jersey and not a wanna-be muscle shirt with full shoulders... just go back to that one i say... it's simple and classic
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

What does a gothic window have to do with the basketball program?

Our forum could come up with a more appropriate image to have woven into the uniform, or at least more fun. Here are a few off the top of my head...

-An image of Coach K
    -An image of a similar past Duke player
    -The grade point average of each player
    -Their favorite pet, or an animal they identify with
    -An image of their girlfriend or favorite music artist
    -Their mother's maiden name
    -A number rating how they fared in practices before the current game
    -The opposing player's name they have been assigned to guard

A window in a building, what were they thinking?