View Poll Results: What do you think of the new jerseys?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

57 30.16%
  • Nay

56 29.63%
  • Meh

16 8.47%
  • Just win, baby

60 31.75%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

New jerseys poll

Ewwww. Seriously? God, why mess with a good thing?

Seriously, i remember back 2 years ago when the nike-shoulder stripes were the rage, duke had jerseys with them, wore them for one game, and then went with the classics while everyone else wore the blah design. Can't we do that again? Say screw you, sponsors, not this time?
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

3. Awesome!

I love the new design, I love the thought process behind them, etc. Besides, they're lighter! Perhaps we can slash the lanes and defend better in them!

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the choice for Trenton?

LOL I'm so funny.

But seriously. I prefer the basics. I hope these go back on the shelf.

5. Awesome!

I love the new design, I love the thought process behind them, etc. Besides, they're lighter! Perhaps we can slash the lanes and defend better in them!

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an avowed traditionalist who has only worn his jerseys when playing a sport, lemme say they are terrible. Simply terrible. I look at NHL jerseys now, all of these third jerseys and alternate jerseys, and they are TERRIBLE; it seems Nike wants to do the same here.

I always urge my students to read the classics, and I tell them "They aren't classics because they stink or they are old. They are classic because, even after fifty years, everyone who reads them says "Wow, that was amazing!"" It is the same with jerseys, if you ask me.

I dont want to sound melodramatic, but I'm actually shocked to even see something like that. A graphic on the whole thing? Does any other team in all of college ball do that? I can't think of one...

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

I'm generally old school, but...

I tend to be more traditional when it comes to our uniforms. I've always liked the fact that our unis were solid colors, white and blue (and not some soft pansy-ants blue!). For example, when black was introduced as a part of our uniforms several years back I didn't like it (although I've come to accept it over time...). Also, it seems to me that the shade of blue has mutated over time since I was a student to a brighter shade of blue than I remember back in '71 when I graduated. The current color doesn't seem as deep blue -- it's more "electric" than in those days, and I don't like it as much either.

However, these are different for me, and I kind of like them... maybe it's the nostalgia for the grand old gothic architecture that they bring out in me. Or maybe it's that they're 31% lighter in weight than our current uniforms (anything to give our guys a leg up on the competition). I'll be interested in seeing them during the game today.

Grey Devil

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I dont want to sound melodramatic, but I'm actually shocked to even see something like that. A graphic on the whole thing? Does any other team in all of college ball do that? I can't think of one...
    ^What he said

I'm totally flabbergasted these were even considered, much less given the green light. Yikes.

Yay as long as we keep using the black alternates which is my favorite.

Thanks Nike

Those suck. I know Nike pretty much owns everyone's soul, but I cannot believe Coach K approved of this. Whether or not it fits in line with the message the Team USA uniforms were trying to convey, I don't really care. Those jerseys pictured above don't convey Duke Basketball; they convey a 50 Cent and Sean Combs MC'ed game on the playground.

Unbelievable. Just when you think our jerseys can't get any worse. Please tell me what's wrong with these:

My goodness.

It could be worse...

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

Let's put this in perspective...

It could be worse....much worse!

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/seasons/season-stats.php?season=1973-74

Like the '70s!

Grey Devil
    Last edited by Grey Devil; 02-22-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Trying to insert image

Not a fan of the new unis, but I'm one of the few who like the original black unis so what do I know. I believe this is a definite attempt to appeal to the more urban market, particularly with recruits. Might sound cynical, but uniform designs are influential. We're lucky we didn't lose every recruit we had in the mid 90 shoulder pad years

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Devil View Post
    It could be worse....much worse!

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/seasons/season-stats.php?season=1973-74

Like the '70s!

Grey Devil

Oh my god!

I'm watching the broadcast and the reporter announced them and said they were like .31% lighter or thinner and will keep the players more cool and Duke is the first team to wear them of this kind. Lets hope were faster in em

School colors

I'm not too sure about the new uniforms, but I would definitely get rid of the black sidebar on the away uniforms, along with the black socks and shoes. Duke's colors are blue and white.

I kind of liked the retro uniforms the team wore for one game a few years back, with the exploding Duke letters.

They look kinda cool to me...sorta futuristic.

they dont look bad at all