View Poll Results: What do you think of the new jerseys?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

57 30.16%
  • Nay

56 29.63%
  • Meh

16 8.47%
  • Just win, baby

60 31.75%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New Alternate Duke Jerseys

Oh boy...
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=3676228
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs down

what is that????

blah

Are you serious? WTF? These are much, much worse than the '95-ish unis with the patches of blue on the shoulders, and I never thought I'd say that. Give me blue and white. No black, no silly little designs. Blue. White. That's it. I pray this is some sick early April Fool's joke. Good gracious...

EDIT: Anyone have an e-mail address for Kevin White or anyone involved directly with the basketball team?

I actually like them. We'll see how they look on TV... I have a feeling that the design won't be as obvious on TV.

I think we need a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCO2009 View Post

EDIT: Anyone have an e-mail address for Kevin White or anyone involved directly with the basketball team?
    kwhite@duaa.duke.edu
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

At least it's not this mess, which thankfully never saw the court.

And I agree, I don't think ours will be so bad on the court/tv. I think the design will only be obvious in a pic such as on GoDuke or close up.

Uniforms and shoes... it's more about Nike than about their customers.

The article in the link at the beginning of the thread suggests that Coach K was involved in the designs and the roll out. We'll have a good look at them this evening in Cameron. Who knows, maybe the karma will be good....

I love these, and I loved the USA jerseys that implemented the design. I think they'll come out well on TV.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I think the home white jersey looks fine. The road blue, not so much if that picture accurately depicts the shade of blue. A darker blue might work.

Then again, unveiling those road blue jerseys at UNC just might confuse and distract everyone else in the Dean Dome. And every potential advantage there is worth exploiting.

umm. to be kind, i'll just say I don't like them.

What I have always liked about Duke's uniforms is how simple they are. The white/blue/black with colored stripe down the side and on the shorts; they don't have the plethora of rectangles like UNC or Marquette. It just looks a little too full for me.

Lets just see how they look on TV and live at the game before we do anything. Who knows?? Maybe they'll look pretty good out there, maybe the heavy design will distract other teams haha.

Are the fronts going to look the same, or have the design as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    umm. to be kind, i'll just say I don't like them.

What I have always liked about Duke's uniforms is how simple they are. The white/blue/black with colored stripe down the side and on the shorts; they don't have the plethora of rectangles like UNC or Marquette. It just looks a little too full for me.

Lets just see how they look on TV and live at the game before we do anything. Who knows?? Maybe they'll look pretty good out there, maybe the heavy design will distract other teams haha.

Are the fronts going to look the same, or have the design as well?
    Those rectangles you mentioned are harlequin or argyle patterns, courtesy of Alexander Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Those rectangles you mentioned are harlequin or argyle patterns, courtesy of Alexander Julian.
    ewwwwwwwww. It better help recruiting or something like that...

They aren't terrible, though nothing can replace the traditional blue and white. A little temporary change is not always a bad thing, especially while Duke tries to get back to their winning ways. Maybe the karma will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    ewwwwwwwww. It better help recruiting or something like that...
    I think I remember that Alexander Julian is a Carolina grad. His family has longstanding ties with the town and the university. His dad owned THE fine men's clothing store on Franklin Street for years.... same store where Madras plaid fabric was first introduced in the US... the beginning of a major fad in clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteboardGuy View Post
    I find it weird that the blue in the home jerseys doesn't match the blue in the away jerseys. They're not even close. The blue in the home jersey seems to be the right color but the aways are more of a funky electric blue.

You have got to be kidding me. Are we wearing these the whole year?

Dude, Wake UP (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Are we wearing these the whole year?
    "02/22/2009 - Duke Sports Information

DURHAM, N.C. -- The Duke men’s basketball team will wear an alternate Nike jersey on Sunday, Feb. 22 vs. Wake Forest in Cameron Indoor Stadium at 7.45 PM ET. The alternate jersey will feature an embedded design inspired by some of Duke’s iconic buildings and Gothic architecture on the back of the uniform.

Duke will sport the home white uniform a second time vs. Florida State on March 3, and unveil the road blue version at North Carolina on March 8."

That means we will wear the white jersey tonight and on the 3rd against FSU, the blue jersey against UNC on March 8.

Where did "Are we wearing these the whole year? " come from????
    DukeDevilDeb

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    "02/22/2009 - Duke Sports Information

DURHAM, N.C. -- The Duke men’s basketball team will wear an alternate Nike jersey on Sunday, Feb. 22 vs. Wake Forest in Cameron Indoor Stadium at 7.45 PM ET. The alternate jersey will feature an embedded design inspired by some of Duke’s iconic buildings and Gothic architecture on the back of the uniform.

Duke will sport the home white uniform a second time vs. Florida State on March 3, and unveil the road blue version at North Carolina on March 8."

That means we will wear the white jersey tonight and on the 3rd against FSU, the blue jersey against UNC on March 8.

Where did "Are we wearing these the whole year? " come from????
    So, that's both home games to finish the season. What are we wearing in March is more of my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I think I remember that Alexander Julian is a Carolina grad. His family has longstanding ties with the town and the university. His dad owned THE fine men's clothing store on Franklin Street for years.... same store where Madras plaid fabric was first introduced in the US... the beginning of a major fad in clothing.
    That store was Milton's. Milton Julian was Alexander's Uncle and they did not get along together, IRRC. Milton later had a store at Northgate in Durham, for several years.

If we win, I don't care if they embroider gold thread into the unis.
    If the players and/or recruits like the new unis, so much the better.
    That being said, the KISS theory generally applies to fashion, especially over the long-run.