Gerald Henderson-NPOY candidate?

Gerald Henderson has turned into an absolute superstar. I'm willing to bet big money that he doesn't have a single game from here on out that he doesn't score at least 20 points. The light has just turned on and he's a man on a mission. If he continues his level of high play, could G be mentioned along the same line as say Blake Griffin for National Player of the Year honors?

Quote Originally Posted by umdukie View Post
    Gerald Henderson has turned into an absolute superstar. I'm willing to bet big money that he doesn't have a single game from here on out that he doesn't score at least 20 points. The light has just turned on and he's a man on a mission. If he continues his level of high play, could G be mentioned along the same line as say Blake Griffin for National Player of the Year honors?
    Not this year. Maybe ACC POY.

Love him, but no. Pretty good chance of being 1st team all-ACC if he finishes out the season well. Outside chance at an honorable mention all-American.

Too soon to tell. Let's see how far the team gets in the tournament. He should be under consideration however.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Too soon to tell. Let's see how far the team gets in the tournament. He should be under consideration however.
    Blake Griffin would have to be out for much longer because of his recent concussion . . . as in be out the rest of the season (which I hope doesn't happen because it is too much fun watching that guy play), Gerald will literally have to average 30 ppg the rest of the way out, Duke would have to destroy every opponent in its remaining schedule by 20+ and win the ACC regular season and regular season tournaments with two blowouts of UNC (in in Chapel Hill and one in Atlanta) where G nets 36 and 38. Even then, I'm not sure he would get it. Curry, Griffin, Blair, Harongody, that guy who's name I can't remember who plays for the wrong shade of blue . . . these guys have all put up numbers like this throughout the season. It take a truly unbelievable performance from G over the next few weeks for G to even enter the conversation.

I think you have something here

Quote Originally Posted by umdukie View Post
    Yes, hopefully next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Love him, but no. Pretty good chance of being 1st team all-ACC if he finishes out the season well. Outside chance at an honorable mention all-American.
    While I agree that there is little to no chance that Henderson will get much if any consideration for NPOY. While he has been dominant the past few games and his numbers seem to keep going up, the other guys in the running have been doing the same thing all year. It would simply be a matter of too little too late. Now if he had been playing like this since September, then maybe. I do however, think he has a decent shot at more than honorable mention AA. If he plays like he has the past 2-3 weeks and Duke makes a good run in the acc and ncaa tournaments, I could see him getting 3rd or possibly 2nd team AA.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I think the OP has gotten his answer loud and clear, and that would be "no".

This thread is CLOSED.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”