Unhappy Texas 73, (2) Oklahoma 68

What an interesting game. Obviously the loss of Griffin hurt the Sooners, but that has GOT to be the strangest concussion I've ever seen. Blake goes for a hook shot along the baseline and it looks like the guys hand just kind of rakes down his face, mostly hitting his nose. He gets a really bad nose bleed, and I thought it was just a freakishly unlikely broken nose. But then they're talking concussion. I didn't see him take any other blows to the head, and that's the play ESPN showed over and over after the game. I've NEVER seen a guy get a concussion from such a seemingly soft and glancing blow. Especially a guy that big and strong. If it really is a concussion, I'll be interested to see how this affects Capel's team going forward. Hopefully it's a VERY mild one, which it appeared to be, and won't affect Blake too much going into March.

So, number 2 and number 3 both lose to unranked opponents on the same night. We're ranked lower than Wake, guess they'd better watch out for the upset bug too, eh? Let's go Duke, time for some retribution!

And Oklahoma still almost won in a tough road environment against a decent team without Griffin. They would have if it had not been for Abrams who put up 16 in a row for the Horns late in the second half. That was a freakish way to get a concussion but he did look a little glazed on the bench.

it could have just been me, but....did the refs in that game even KNOW what a foul was....he gets a bloody nose AND a concussion and no foul called??

if those refs were in the ACC, Hans would never get a call...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    it could have just been me, but....did the refs in that game even KNOW what a foul was....he gets a bloody nose AND a concussion and no foul called??

if those refs were in the ACC, Hans would never get a call...
    Heck, it it was in the Pac 10, the foul would've been called on Griffin.

Yeah, Blake looked pretty confused. His intensity went from looking as if he wanted to rip the other team's heads off to "Where am I?"

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Heck, it it was in the Pac 10, the foul would've been called on Griffin.
    Dang that should read, "IF IT was in the Pac 10..."