Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    K has often had a running offense, but when he's had the personnel for it.

-jk
    We ran a lot when we had Hurley running the point and Davis and the Hills on the wings.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    We ran a lot when we had Hurley running the point and Davis and the Hills on the wings.
    We have had many running teams. Most of the 90s were running teams. We ran with Williams, too. Coach K has generally pushed the tempo when he had the right pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    And why do you think we are in the running? Wall has met with Coach K once and Williams once. Why would you think we are close? I am not saying we aren't in the running, and I am certainly no Chicken Little. Just giving my opinion based on the recent events. Despite not recruiting Wall at all for months/years, Williams has sought out Wall twice in the last week or so.
    Why the eternal pessimism? There is more reason to be optimistic. He had a good meeting with Coach K, and Clifton seems to support Coach K but is entirely opposed to the carolina coaching staff. If Williams contacted Wall twice last week, there was a recruiting violation.

Your opinion does sound like mon petite poulet. What is the benefit to posting, repeatedly, pessimistic opinions on this board?

Do we have a shot? If Coach K thinks so, then we do!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Why the eternal pessimism? There is more reason to be optimistic. He had a good meeting with Coach K, and Clifton seems to support Coach K but is entirely opposed to the carolina coaching staff. If Williams contacted Wall twice last week, there was a recruiting violation.

Your opinion does sound like mon petite poulet. What is the benefit to posting, repeatedly, pessimistic opinions on this board?

mon petite poulet... LMAO!!!!

Sounds like this thread turned into a Wall thread, but this is relavent to both so I guess I'll post it here.

I think K would be willing to (and capable of) adjusting his offense if Wall were to commit. It's been noted that we've done it in the past and I've heard storeis that Scheyer can just run all day without fatigue. Also, that that sort of offense might actually play to our advantage. I don't think either Plumlee or Kelly are really cut out for 40 mintues of low-post play yet so if we're not going to bang it inside I could see us trying to run a bit. Singler, Elliot, and Nolan are all good enough athletes for it, too.

That said, I think it sounds like Wall may seriously be entertaining the thought of UNC. If Roy has distanced him from the Cliftons, which it sounds like he's done by calling him directly, I think that speaks to him possibly ending up there. Rumor has it Roy's going out to Portland for recruiting this weekend, where Henson and Strickland will both be playing alongside Wall...how many stories of the national championship run will be told out there?

On the Bledsoe side, though he didn't mention Duke as a finalist, he also doesn't have an offer from Duke. It sounds, to me, like he mentioned the schools he's deciding between. Right now with no offer in hand from Duke, Duke's not in the running. If an offer were to arrive (and he were to become eligible), however, that all can change in a second.

Coach K and Nate have been in touch with Eric (per the articles at the beginning of the thread). I don't think we would make an offer until Eric has qualified. When he does qualify, then this will become interesting. Coach K specifically identified Eric's skill set as a great need for the team.

Eternal pessimism? Clearly you've jumped into the thread at the wrong point. I'm not the least bit pessimistic. I'm just not wildly optimistic. I said that UNC has joined the mix late, so IF we don't get him and UNC does, clearly our missing wouldn't be because we got in late. The previous poster responded asking if my statement was just the typical "sky is falling" mentality, and said that he/she felt Duke was the frontrunner along with UK. I simply asked why he/she thought that as opposed to not being the frontrunner. Nothing I've seen has indicated that we're the frontrunner (or not the frontrunner, for that matter).

You must have me mistaken for someone else. I don't post repeatedly pessimistic opinions any more than I post optimistic opinions. I don't even think I've posted many (if any) overly pessimistic posts about THIS subject. So spare me the Chicken Little title, thank you very much.

I've never once said we don't have a shot. Obviously, Coach K wouldn't be wasting his time with Wall if we had no shot. I just have yet to see any evidence that we're one of the two frontrunners, as some have suggested. There's a big difference between my statements and "the sky is falling."

News

Not sure if this has been posted yet tried to scan for it, but I did see it. I did not see a date on this blog, but i did find it promising.

http://dukeblueforever.com/2009/04/0...-eric-bledsoe/

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet tried to scan for it, but I did see it. I did not see a date on this blog, but i did find it promising.

http://dukeblueforever.com/2009/04/0...-eric-bledsoe/
    It is promising and I read it when it was first posted. It was written before the 4 school announcement. Regardless, I stand by my previous comments, and the recent ones by BD80. If the academics are there, and we make an offer, the situation can change.

It appears a lot is riding on his ACT score. Hope he did good.

Is it just me or are the recruiting threads getting wilder and wilder in this forum? It's like watching gasoline drip on a fire and spread and spread and ...

Oh yeah, Eric Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Is it just me or are the recruiting threads getting wilder and wilder in this forum? It's like watching gasoline drip on a fire and spread and spread and ...

Oh yeah, Eric Bledsoe.
    Watzone...we are all waiting on you to give us a tidbit of information that might have some fact to it rather than a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball32 View Post
    I hate to say it, but i have a BAD feeling about us getting wall OR bledsoe
    well in that case lets pack up our bags and shut down the program. I mean if YOU of all people have a bad feeling, well...

Quote Originally Posted by dubayuw View Post
    It appears a lot is riding on his ACT score. Hope he did good.
    I PRAY that's a joke, and given your handle I'm guessing it is. Good luck, Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I PRAY that's a joke, and given your handle I'm guessing it is. Good luck, Eric.
    What exactly is the problem with that statement? You don't think him meeting minimum NCAA academic requirements would be an important part of him possibly coming to Duke?

Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What exactly is the problem with that statement? You don't think him meeting minimum NCAA academic requirements would be an important part of him possibly coming to Duke?
    the joke was "hope he did good"; should be "hope he did well". At least, Silky and I are hoping it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    the joke was "hope he did good"; should be "hope he did well". At least, Silky and I are hoping it was a joke.
    Ah, the classic (and always hilarious)grammar jokes. Alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ah, the classic (and always hilarious)grammar jokes. Alright then.
    When in Durham, do as the Dukies do...

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    the joke was "hope he did good"; should be "hope he did well". ...
    Well, since he has taken the exam before, the sentiment was probably: "hope he did gooder"

Golly, 'ol Roy couldn't have said it any frickin' better!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    It was a joke, im somewhat of a grammar nerd and thought it was funny. Im a little suprised you guys caught it.

UK Post on Bledsoe

Thought some people would take a gander at this. I think the author made a typo of including Duke in his 4 schools. I like the assertion of Florida being his top school followed by a quote that doesn't explicitly support the statement.

"After noting the schools he’s considering (Florida, UK, Duke and Cincinnati), Bledsoe freely said that Florida ranks a solid first in his mind.

“Florida’s been hard recruiting me,” he said. “And I like the coaches.”"

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/200...ing-into-wall/