Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Somebody must have changed the rules. The BBQ threads have always been Duke vs Kentucky, regardless of the BBQ classes discussed, IIRC. I think I even recall Australian, or was it Canadian, BBQ discussed. If anybody is still going to Kansas City your best bet is Jacks Stack, at either location, Martin City or across the tracks from Union Station. Try the burnt ends. It's on the menu. By the way, Kansas City is a pretty nice place to visit.
    Jack Stack also now has a location on the Plaza. FWIW.

Since coming from long distances makes tailgating a little tricky, I'd recommend hitting the Wheel (a short walk up sizable hills from Memorial Stadium) before the game. Breakfast and libations served starting around 8 a.m. You'll need something to ease the pain of the beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonandblue View Post
    Jack Stack also now has a location on the Plaza. FWIW.

Since coming from long distances makes tailgating a little tricky, I'd recommend hitting the Wheel (a short walk up sizable hills from Memorial Stadium) before the game. Breakfast and libations served starting around 8 a.m. You'll need something to ease the pain of the beat down.
    Jack Stack also has a location in Overland Park.

With KU football returning to the level it used to occupy many years ago and Duke starting it's rise (return) to that level, I won't have to call the game the Mediocre Bowl that it could have been. I look forward to a close game - and, of course, am pulling for a Duke victory. (Thanks for helping me get tickets, Ozzie! You're the best.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Jack Stack also has a location in Overland Park.

With KU football returning to the level it used to occupy many years ago and Duke starting it's rise (return) to that level, I won't have to call the game the Mediocre Bowl that it could have been. I look forward to a close game - and, of course, am pulling for a Duke victory. (Thanks for helping me get tickets, Ozzie! You're the best.)
    Ehh, yeah. Maybe. Frankly, this is about as good as KU's ever been in football. 12-1 Orange Bowl winning season was as good a season as KU's ever enjoyed. Followed up with another bowl winning season (albeit the bowl season has been vastly diluted). Should have a real shot at at least winning the Big XII north before losing to the south champ in the conference championship game. The season after this one will be the real test when Todd Reesing's gone. Then we'll see whether the program has a firm grounding or was just lucky in landing a special leader in Reesing.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonandblue View Post
    Ehh, yeah. Maybe. Frankly, this is about as good as KU's ever been in football. 12-1 Orange Bowl winning season was as good a season as KU's ever enjoyed. Followed up with another bowl winning season (albeit the bowl season has been vastly diluted). Should have a real shot at at least winning the Big XII north before losing to the south champ in the conference championship game. The season after this one will be the real test when Todd Reesing's gone. Then we'll see whether the program has a firm grounding or was just lucky in landing a special leader in Reesing.
    I guess I'm was thinking Gale Sayers, John Riggins, Nolan Cromwell, and John Hadl and making them better in my mind than they were. I still remember watching the 1968 Orange Bowl loss - very sad event from my childhood.