• 31-40

29 26.36%
  • 41-50

22 20.00%
  • 51+

31 28.18%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    7 - 0 ahead. Of carolina. At home. James Armstrong originated the Air Ball chant in that first half when Rich Yonaker missed everything on his first two shots of the night.
    Oh what a night! And if I'm not mistaken, didn't we win by that same 7 we scored in that first quarter?
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Oh what a night! And if I'm not mistaken, didn't we win by that same 7 we scored in that first quarter?
    Love, Ima
    You are correct. The final was 47-40.

7 - 0 ahead. Of carolina. At home. James Armstrong originated the Air Ball chant in that first half when Rich Yonaker missed everything on his first two shots of the night.
    Here's a hint...
    I played against Carolina one year in summer league baseball while at Atlantic Christian. Yonaker was playing first base and I got there on a walk. I was 5'7 135lbs at the time and a base stealing threat. He was a long, tall giant and it had to be funny to someone to see me standing beside him. I recall he had the biggest feet I had ever seen, and I could not find a spot for my size 7 1/2's on the bag.

My biggest surprise is nobody has killed me yet, since i'm fond of a good debate

I'm young enough to still do what I was able to at 25, but it takes a lot longer and hurts a lot more, but I'm not old enough yet to know better.

True. I was standing next to James at that game. Jim Suddath came out covered in 'Go to Heck' (yes, Heck) Carolina stickers. What a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Love, Ima
    You are not mistaken. The final was 47-40.

I fit in the meaty middle part of the curve...

Hint: I watched an ACC Tournament game with Johnny Frye and John Cantwell.

About being the oldest, the dirt in my backyard is younger than Jarhead.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    Hint: I watched an ACC Tournament game with Johnny Frye and John Cantwell.

About being the oldest, the dirt in my backyard is younger than Jarhead.
    Did this occur before or after they were on the basketball team?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    33 responses and not a SINGLE under 20?

I love DBR.

I think it's great we have some under 20's on the board. Especially the ones we have. They are smart fun people. And, they are our future! I love that this board is multi-generational.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I think it's great we have some under 20's on the board. Especially the ones we have. They are smart fun people. And, they are our future! I love that this board is multi-generational.
    Sorry, my somewhat tongue-in-cheek post was more in response to seeing a great many internet forums overtaken by 14 year olds who say things like "NOOB!" and "3leet!!" rather than our own whippersnappers, who DO seem to behave well, all things considered.

14 year olds who say things like "NOOB!" and "3leet!!"
    OK, fill me in. I have no clue what those mean.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sorry, my somewhat tongue-in-cheek post was more in response to seeing a great many internet forums overtaken by 14 year olds who say things like "NOOB!" and "3leet!!" rather than our own whippersnappers, who DO seem to behave well, all things considered.
    I am soooooo out of touch. I have no idea what "NOOB" and "3leet" mean. Does this mean I'm getting old? Sigh!

You beat me to the punch. Glad I'm not the only one in the dark here.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I am soooooo out of touch. I have no idea what "NOOB" and "3leet" mean. Does this mean I'm getting old? Sigh!
    Check it all out here.

Noob = Newbie 3leet is roughly 'elite' but its based on an ASCII substitution for letters. Kind of pig latin for the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Check it all out here.
    Ahhh, now I get it. Thank you Indoor66 and Windsor. Hey, it's the Florida mafia.
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 02-20-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: mafia

Wow...hey Indoor...we have our own Mafia!! Very Cool

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    My biggest surprise is nobody has killed me yet, since i'm fond of a good debate
    We haven't killed you because we like you. That and we're running out of places to hide the bodies of those we don't like.

I imagine the youngest regular poster is wolfpackdevil (age 14) but he rarely comes to the OT board so he probably hasn't chimed in yet.