Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
It was a big disappointment to see Zeller go down early in the season. I only saw those first two games, but he was very impressive for a freshman. He did everything much better than I expected from him. He will improve the team.

IMO, he's not a 4 year guy, probably 3, and maybe gone after next season. He looked that good at 7 ft. to me, mainly because he seemed much more ready offensively than other big freshmen we've seen lately that went after one..Ed Davis=NBA talent not ready offensively. Think B. Wright who still went after one.
One and done M. Williams was more comparable to Zeller offensively. MW stronger, Zeller smoother.

Zeller looked more polished with the ball than all three were/are as freshman in the early games I saw.

He has NBA skillz and size, no doubt. The obvious question is when he makes the jump? Since RW has repeatedly said it's his call, TZ thinks he's not a 4 year guy if he plays.

If UNC gets matched up with a big three in the tourney,(Pitt,Ok,UCONN) he will be very valuable. UNC would need to play very aggressive in the post and possibly need those 5 fouls.

The way UNC plays there is plenty of time for all. I've seen no "chemistry' issues with the team, no matter how bad you guys wish it so

They did get after Deon to play harder for a while there, but that was competitive stuff. Deon's quotes regarding Zeller returning seem genuine and positive.

RW runs his players hard in practice and the wrist didn't stop that. TZ is in shape I'm sure.

An interesting development to the season.
This is an interesting development and does make UNC that much more imposing. Zeller is a major talent even if he is inexperienced and possibly out of shape. Though it's not like he's going to have to log major minutes. Chemistry issues are nothing but wishful thinking on this board.