Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's Your Same-Sex Celebrity Crush?

Everybody has celebrity crushes from time to time. What I'm interested in knowing is who your same-sex celebrity crush is. It doesn't have to be a dating-type crush, but one that is admiration bordering on obsession.

So, I want to know, who is your same-sex celebrity crush?

Mine is Jennifer Aniston.

(And, no, I haven't seen Marley & Me b/c everyone has already spoiled it for me.)

I have to say Jennifer Aniston as well. Guess that's why I can't stand Angelina. I think she did Jennifer wrong.

Jen is beautiful and classy. She handled her public divorce so well. I think we could be best friends, if she would just respond to my emails/phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Everybody has celebrity crushes from time to time. What I'm interested in knowing is who your same-sex celebrity crush is. It doesn't have to be a dating-type crush, but one that is admiration bordering on obsession.

So, I want to know, who is your same-sex celebrity crush?
    I've had sports heroes, such as Mickey Mantle, but I've never been obsessed with anyone, not even the Mick. Movie/TV stars? Nah, not my thing. I don't go to a movie or watch a TV program just because someone is staring in it. I do admire actors for the job they do in portraying their characters, such as Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman and Sean Connery, but I'm certainly not obsessed with them, not even close. And Denny Crane and James T. Kirk, er, William Shatner .
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Same sex, I'd have to go with Jodie Foster.

Tina Turner. Great legs, and she's 69 years old to boot.

Always has been Chris Evert. She was my idol as a young tennis player, and now as an adult, she marries awfully well. John Lloyd, Andy Mill and the Shark - not a bad looking group.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    Always has been Chris Evert. She was my idol as a young tennis player, and now as an adult, she marries awfully well. John Lloyd, Andy Mill and the Shark - not a bad looking group.
    Chris was a year behind me in HS in Ft. Lauderdale, though not at the same school. I once hit balls at Holiday Park, her dad's public tennis court complex, with younger sister Jeannie Evert. After about 5 minutes she found her "real" partner. Jeannie was supposed to be better than Chris. Of course, it didn't work out that way.

9F 9F 9F

Used to be Helen Hunt, but she hasn't aged well. Eva Mendes is rather attractive, as is Penelope Cruz. I bet a date with Drew Barrymore would be a a crazy night...

Think we'll get any answers from the other gender here?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I bet a date with Drew Barrymore would be a a crazy night...

You mean besides mine, which was a non answer?

I'd like a date with Drew Barrymore too! She's been on my list ever since that night she flashed Letterman on his birthday several years ago.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Probably not...if the question were, "For which same gender celeb would you volunteer to be their wingman?", you would probably get more answers.

I know many male Wisconsites (Wisconsineers?) who would've had Brett Farve's baby until last Fall.
    ~rthomas

I will completely admit to having a man-crush on Tom Brady. The real one, not the DBR poster.

Yeah I know...

Think I'd have to go with good ole Brad Pitt. Yeah, not very original, but he's a pretty decent-looking guy. Plus, my better side thinks Angelina is hot, which she is, so that makes it just that much easier to like the Brangelina.

No question in my mind.

Coach K

I've been pretty obsessed with him since, oh, about 1993, when I decided to go to Duke. That hasn't changed one bit in all these years.

That was the year he replaced Darrell Green as my main squeeze. I still love DG, but I belong to K now.

15. I'm not sure that "crush" is the right word, but I think Paul Rudd is made of awesome. Consistently funny, self-deprecating, and very cool. From interviews I think he, Nathan Fillion, and Trey Parker/Matt Stone would be a great group of guys to hang out with/take a "guys weekend" to Vegas/etc. All funny, laid-back, and sort of hip, but also sort of nerdy. My kind of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    No question in my mind.

Coach K

I've been pretty obsessed with him since, oh, about 1993, when I decided to go to Duke. That hasn't changed one bit in all these years.

That was the year he replaced Darrell Green as my main squeeze. I still love DG, but I belong to K now.
    Fabulous answer!

I was wondering how long it was going to take one of you guys to name Coach K as your same sex celebrity crush.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Probably not...if the question were, "For which same gender celeb would you volunteer to be their wingman?", you would probably get more answers.
    What if you used quotes around wingman? As in, for which same gender celeb would you volunteer to be their "wingman?"

I'm a little surprised that the ladies here do not know that, like the General, every male at the DBR "pegs an eleven on the manly scale of absolute gender" and thus cannot be expected to give an answer, no matter how cute Brad Pitt is.

Fabulous answer!

I was wondering how long it was going to take one of you guys to name Coach K as your same sex celebrity crush.
    I could watch that man read the phone book while picking his nose and executing EarlJam's weird and disgusting gas passing trick...and still give him a standing ovation when it was over! Of course, he'd have to exert his willpower to levitate the phonebook since both his hands would be otherwise "occupied", so I guess that would be pretty spectacular, actually.

Of course, I was a little bummed about Barack Obama getting elected... not because I have anything against the man, but because I won't get to see my dreamboat at the White House for the next 4 years or so. For those who don't remember, Coach K famously told Bush that he'd been waiting for him to get elected so they could win another one. I believe he won the title a couple months after Bush part 2 was in office, no? In fact, I think a Bush has been in the White House EVERY time K's won a national title. That's a little worrisome, isn't it? Should we be pulling for one of the Bush ladies to run next term?

Fabulous answer!

I thought that one was too easy.

For class and cool from the old days I'll go with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Paul Newman and Robert Redford).

Etta Place (Katharine Ross) was also smokin'.