Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boston College has had a week off to think about a tough home loss to Wake. This has been an unfortunate schedule for Duke in the past month. Wake and Clemson both had weeks off too. I hope the results are different this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by The1Bluedevil View Post
    Boston College has had a week off to think about a tough home loss to Wake.
    Boston College lost to Clemson 87-77 on Tuesday 2/10. The Eagles haven't had a week off to prepare for Duke.
    Bob Green

it always seems to be a tough game up there. be very interesting to see how we start this game (and i mean play and attitude not who is starting).

I'm worried about a major emotional letdown after the UNC loss. I know I'm feeling it....granted, I am not as focused as those kids, but they are still 18-21 year old kids who use heart and hustle to win games.

If they win this game, I will have major respect for those guys....although, I already admire them quite a bit.

Rice is obviously a great player...but he can be streaky and is prone to disappear in games/float through games at times...I think we need to force him to drive and not give him open 3-point shots. Once he gets rolling from the outside, he can be difficult to contain.

Trapani can shoot the lights out...I hope whoever is guarding him stays focused for 40 minutes. We did not do a good job of this against Ogelsby.

We have the size and skill advantage in this game...I'd like to see Singler and Zoubs working in the post and lots of attacking the basket by Hendo, Smith, Scheyer, etc.

BC is a tough place to play and if we rely solely on the outside shot it's going to be a tight one one way or another. If we are aggressive throughout, we are the superior team and should win comfortably.

Hopefully we'll have more success against Rice than we did Lawson. Come on Nolan!! I wonder if Coach K will go back to Nolan in the starting lineup, but probably not cause I think Paulus has done fairly well. I would like to see them on the floor together more though. I think Henderson has a big game in this one. I would not be surprised if he goes for 20-25. I would also like to see Plumlee in this game, along with EWill.

hi.
    do you guys know where i could watch the game online, where i dont have to pay or have a subscription?
    thx.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    hi.
    do you guys know where i could watch the game online, where i dont have to pay or have a subscription?
    thx.
    Sometimes espn360.com has games, but i don't think they have this one. It's worth a try, though.

As usual, I'm looking forward to todays game. If I remember right, last year coach K had us double Rice once he crossed the time line to make him give up the ball. Hopefully we see some of that today. We should see Nolan returning to the starting lineup considering the matchup issues Rice creates for Greg. I think I'm most interested to see this game to see if we avoid some of the mistakes we made in the UNC game (taking 3's instead of taking it to the hole, for example). Mostly I'm just looking forward to a good fun game. Sometimes I read so much stuff on here, I forget to stop analyzing and just enjoy the game. I really like watching this year's team.

Tonight's game just got even more important to keep us out of 4 loss territory in the ACC and a game behind the leaders.

Here's the link to live tempo-based stats for the BC/Duke game. The starters are now posted.

By the way, we're trying out a new live +/- number as well. We're still working out the kinks, but it should be close either way.
    Last edited by riverside6; 02-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.

BC Chant

I heard a very unique chant from Boston college a second ago. It was something like "bullcrap" or something of that matter. I wonder where they could've gotten that chant? Hmmmm

nolan is killing us at both ends of the floor.

What was a really good first half finished in a close game. Nolan Smith hasn't looked good on offense shooting 0-5. Singler and G have performed. Lance has 8 points and looks good. Duke needs to step up in the second half however if they will leave the Forum with a W.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    He is constantly out of position on D and his O is really weak. Poor vision and is pounding the ball rather than passing.

Looking at +/-, we have Nolan at -8 and Greg at +10 at halftime.

He looks terrible today. Sad to see.

I'm glad were in front after shooting 1-10 from 3 and allowing them to shoot 58%.

Nolan's never been an offensive powerhouse, but come on. He is in a huge hole right now.

Greg, on the other hand, has come out competing well. He's so underrated on the defensive end. He's not a great on ball guy, but he does an efficient enough job keeping with non-Lawsons, and his play in the passing lanes and off the ball are exceptional. Very heady.

I'd like to see him get more looks offensively, though. With nobody else on the team hitting a thing from three, we could really use Greg's outside touch.

Maybe it's just me, but we do a horrible job of finding Greg when he's free. Sometimes, it's like he's invisible.