Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Early Final Picks...

I say it will be all Big East. They let their players "play," and their players are big.

I see a UCONN vs. PITT in the final. Blair is a stud.

One ACC team makes the final eight. None to the final four, unless B.C. or UNC.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I say it will be all Big East. They let their players "play," and their players are big.

I see a UCONN vs. PITT in the final. Blair is a stud.

One ACC team makes the final eight. None to the final four, unless B.C. or UNC.

-EJ

Boston College is not going to the Final Four. They might not even make the tournament. Did you mean WF? Also, "none to the final four, unless..." Bold prediction

The best teams in the country right now are UCONN, UNC, and Pitt. One of these teams will win the whole thing. Oklahoma is good, but I don't think they will go to the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Boston College is not going to the Final Four. They might not even make the tournament. Did you mean WF? Also, "none to the final four, unless..." Bold prediction

The best teams in the country right now are UCONN, UNC, and Pitt. One of these teams will win the whole thing. Oklahoma is good, but I don't think they will go to the Final Four.
    I meant B.C.
    in
    They are flying under the radar and are tough.

UNC will NOT win it all. Hansbrough's "mass flopping" wiill not be called in March. That's ACC stuff. Trust me.

-EJ

Please tell me this is some sort of level.

I mean every man is entitled to his own opinion. But...come on.

BC lost to Harvard and St. Louis. If they had lost to UNC by 1, no one would even consider them a bubble team. They're not going to the final four.

I thought Wake might be a final four team, but if they can't start making threes, they won't be. Oklahoma's probably the best bet behind U-con, unc, and pitt, although the weakness of the big 12 might be making them seem better than they are.

The NCAAA Tournament is an upset minded tournament...

Hi,

As Coach K has often said, "We don't have to be better, we just have to be better on that day." Given that the Devils have been victims of more than their share of upsets in recent years--I think the Devils will get hot in March with a barrage of threes unlike the tournament has ever seen and blow the competition out of the water making our beloved Blue Devils even more hated by some than they are now. Ever seen a grown Beaker cry? GTHC! (and take Wake there while you're at it)

GO DUKE! GTHC!

Duke in the final four is still very possible. But they're going to have to figure out their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Duke in the final four is still very possible. But they're going to have to figure out their offense.
    And how to defend lightning quick point guards which they'll get some more practice at this Sunday.

Still wide open

As much as the loss to UNC sucks, and it does, it really doesn't say too much about what will happen in March. I look across the country and see only a few teams that I would expect Duke struggle against on a neutral court. They would be:
    UNC
    UCONN
    Pitt
    Oklahoma

Also, I don't think there is another team playing better than Villanova right now, but that might just be a hot streak. (Which is all it takes come march.)

I would like Duke's chances against just about any other team in the country. Sure, there are match up issues with a lot of teams, but Duke has enough skill and heart to compete with 99% of the competition out there.

I find it weird when people say with certainty that Duke can't make the Final Four with this team. As we know stranger things happen all the time in the tourney. Remember the Georgia Tech team that made the final - that was not a great team. Jarret Jack was very good, but the team as a whole did not eclipse this Duke squad in terms of skill or heart. Neither did the Arizona team that won it all in '98. Sure, you can debate those all you want, but there is no set formula for getting to the final four. It can happen. And this Duke team can get there if they play hard, smart, and focused ball.

Still a very good season and I am as big a Duke fan as ever.

I think the rest of the season will determine how much stock I put in Duke come tournament time. They get one more shot at Wake and UNC and they'll probably face at least one of them again in the ACC tourney (and maybe Clemson). Winning 2 of 3 against good teams would renew my confidence in this team.

I maintain that the road to the national championship runs through the Big East. By that I mean that either a Big East team will win, or a team from another conference will have to defeat at least 2 Big East powers to get there.

If the top seeds hold, UNC is in excellent position. They will, at best, share their regional with the 3rd place Big East team (Villanova). I think that particular matchup works in the Heels' favor. That's not to say that they won't stumble, to Nova or another team, but that their part of the bracket won't look so imposing.

Oklahoma is in a similar position. In all likelihood, either they or the 2nd place Big East team will be shipped out West. There was brief announcer discussion about bracketing the NCAA tournament with more respect to geography and economy -- it will be interesting to see if this makes the West Regional look significantly less difficult than the others.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs up Pitt

I really like Pitt. They are tough and well suited for some March Madness.

Play in Greensboro

If we want to play in Greensboro in the NCAA Tourney, we had better go 5-2 in the last 7 games and we must beat Wake. What's bad about winning those 5 is that only 2 are at home. Point guard play had better pick up quickly. Especially on the ball defense.Go Duke!

Don't Look Now but

UCLA is improving. Their coach knows how to get to the FF having done so the last 3 years, and their AD heads (or is on) the tournament committee, so they will probably have the easiest road.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    UCLA is improving. Their coach knows how to get to the FF having done so the last 3 years, and their AD heads (or is on) the tournament committee, so they will probably have the easiest road.

SoCal
    UCLA. Feh. I don't see them as a FF team. Not that it can't happen, just don't see them getting there. UNC or UCONN would eat them alive if they're in the same part of the bracket.

UCONN just looks sick right now. Thabeet is a beast.

UNC & UCONN should be in ... not sure of the other 2- I just don't see anyone jumping out at me yet. I see Pitt tripping somewhere along the way. Oklahoma- nope, don't see that.

So nobody sees the MSU spartan or Lville cardinal sneaking in the backdoor? Couple of tourney tested coaches in both cases...

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I really like Pitt. They are tough and well suited for some March Madness.
    Please basketball Gods - no UNC / UCONN final! If Duke can't catch lightning in a bottle, then go Pitt! They won't be pushed around by anyone, and will be a very tough out. The formula for success is still greatness at the PG and post positions. Those who don't have it can mask it for a few games, but not 6 in row. Oh, and if it can't be Duke - go OK and Caple too!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So nobody sees the MSU spartan or Lville cardinal sneaking in the backdoor? Couple of tourney tested coaches in both cases...
    Duke can beat MSU... I don't see MSU getting any farther than the Sweet 16/Elite 8. Louisville has a bunch of great athletes that can't shoot. If they get hot, then they could go really far... but I just don't see that happening. I think Pitt is too slow to match-up well against UNC if they play like they did against Duke. They have really thick guys at every single position... even their point guard Fields is big. He's listed at 5'10" 190... but he's been listed at 190 since his freshman year... I'm guessing he's 205+. He literally bowls his way into the lane. DeJuan Blair's arms are like kegs and Sam Young looks like he's 40 years old.

MSU has potential, if put in the right region, to make noise. They are 10 deep and will be getting back their best player (Raymar Morgan) from an illness. They are back the old Izzo model of defense and rebounding, and Lucas can take over segments of a game. I don't see MSU as capable of beating UNC or UConn, but they can play with anyone else.

Even though the 'Ville got run tonight, they are still a dangerous outfit.

dukemsu

The Cardinals of Louisville were just beaten badly by Notre Dame. They are not a FF team in my opinion. Go Duke!