Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raycom

Raycom

I just wanted to say that I hate having to watch this game on the local channel with Raycom/Jefferson Pilot calling it. I for one would love to watch it on ESPN, but unfortunately it gets blacked out. Anyone else feel the same way?

Um, no. I don't even need to know the composition of the Raycom broadcast team to know that I would prefer them to Vitale/Patrick or Vitale/Shulman.

I don't mind the broadcasters (and as calltheobvious points out, they're often superior to the ESPN guys), it's when the listings show the game on both the local channel and ESPN, but the TiVo only records ESPN, which is of course not showing the game. We've gotten caught by that one several times, since we often go out to watch the game, or don't start watching until about a half hour in so we can skip commercials. YARRR. I remembered to double-check that one this year, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Um, no. I don't even need to know the composition of the Raycom broadcast team to know that I would prefer them to Vitale/Patrick or Vitale/Shulman.
    Not to mention the fact that you won't have to see...

<bottomline> Alex Rodriguez woke up at 9:30 today. Had breakfast of waffles and bacon and a side of buttered raisin toast. Obama: "A-Rod really likes waffles, but it's disappointing he doesn't like pancakes." </bottomline>

scrolling by every 30 seconds for the whole night.

Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Not to mention the fact that you won't have to see...

<bottomline> Alex Rodriguez woke up at 9:30 today. Had breakfast of waffles and bacon and a side of buttered raisin toast. Obama: "A-Rod really likes waffles, but it's disappointing he doesn't like pancakes." </bottomline>

scrolling by every 30 seconds for the whole night.
    That is true, but I always find the Raycom guys to be pro Carolina, so while Dickie V may be loud, I would rather hear someone who loves Duke rather than someone who loves Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    That is true, but I always find the Raycom guys to be pro Carolina, so while Dickie V may be loud, I would rather hear someone who loves Duke rather than someone who loves Carolina
    I think I understand your point, but Dick Vitale loves Carolina.

I just wanted to say that I hate having to watch this game on the local channel with Raycom/Jefferson Pilot calling it. I for one would love to watch it on ESPN, but unfortunately it gets blacked out. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Pretty sure you don't have to worry about that.

A warning, though - if North Carolina plays well, this may lead the announcers to say nice things about the Tar Heels.

I think that Raycom viewers will have Mike Gminski as one of their announcers for the game! Can't get better than that!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Amen.

I agree mainly because the feed is so much nicer. For example, last Carolina-Duke game I watched on Raycom/Jefferson, the sound was out for about 10 minutes in the first half. Also, if you watch the game in HD, there's a noticeable difference in video quality.

Well

If we get the G man that wont be so bad.

Quality

I remember the sound going out on that one game, and if I recall correctly it went out of HD for awhile too.

weird

That shouldn't happen. They have the biggest rivalry in the country, and it should be on the best cover ing channel, which is ESPN IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I think that Raycom viewers will have Mike Gminski as one of their announcers for the game! Can't get better than that!
    I, for one, will be enjoying the 3-4 shots of Heather Cox during the game.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by SushiChef View Post
    I agree mainly because the feed is so much nicer. For example, last Carolina-Duke game I watched on Raycom/Jefferson, the sound was out for about 10 minutes in the first half. Also, if you watch the game in HD, there's a noticeable difference in video quality.
    But it was only the announcers' mics that were off (Packer called the game IIRC). We had the live game sounds. It was the best setup one could ask for.

ESPN (w/o Vitale) > Raycom > ESPN (w/ Vitale) > FoxSports

Not sure where CBS falls... I find their quality to be good

I'd rather it be telecast by ESPN in the Triangle for one simple reason. It's windy today and if we have a threat of a sign blowing over, thunderstorm or tornado watch in the southeast, WRAL and Greg Fishel will interrupt or cancel the broadcast to show 30 minutes + of Doppler radar.

I can't wait.

I'm happy to have Raycom b/c ESPN is showing a scintillating Big East battle at 7. Guaranteed that game lasts until the 2nd TV timeout of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    But it was only the announcers' mics that were off (Packer called the game IIRC). We had the live game sounds. It was the best setup one could ask for.

ESPN (w/o Vitale) > Raycom > ESPN (w/ Vitale) > FoxSports

Not sure where CBS falls... I find their quality to be good
    Careful with your math. I'd say:

ESPN(w/o Vitale or Elmore) > Raycom > ESPN(w/ Vitale or Elmore) > FoxSports

Crossing my fingers for no tornado warnings...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I'd rather it be telecast by ESPN in the Triangle for one simple reason. It's windy today and if we have a threat of a sign blowing over, thunderstorm or tornado watch in the southeast, WRAL and Greg Fishel will interrupt or cancel the broadcast to show 30 minutes + of Doppler radar.

I can't wait.
    I think WRAL knows better than to interrupt a Duke-UNC game for weather updates.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke