View Poll Results: Which coach @$^@& their new school more?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huggy bear- 1 season at KSU and then buh-bye

26 63.41%
  • Dana Altman- "sure, I'll take the Arkansas job... not!!"

5 12.20%
  • Niether, coaching is a profession with lots of hiring and firing. Do what you want

10 24.39%

Which coach !#^^ his new school more?

As always, feel free to post your comments too...

Altman may have gotten lucky/hosed simultaneously.

Lucky if what ArkieDukie (?) was saying on another thread is true, that several Arkansas players are ineligible, and one failed a drug test, and that Arkansas failed to inform Altman of those issues. Not only is Arkansas getting what they deserve (a coach backing out) but Altman is saved from having to clean up someone else's mess.

Hosed in that now he has to stay in Nebraska for the foreseeable future.

No one in their right mind wants to stay in Nebraska -- I know, I lived there my whole childhood! I only go back when forced/guilted into visiting family. Last time I went, the high temperature for the week was 9 degrees. The high temp. Yuck.

Altman should win an emmy for making it appear like he was happy to stay put.

Really, I'm not advocating do what you want(except that is how I voted), but Huggins is returning to his Alma Mater, which in most cases is a "dream" job. Now, all I ask is for WVU to keep close tabs on him and make certain that his players graduate. As for Altman, I think he realized that Arkansas was a whole different ball game and he just wasn't prepared for the enormous infighting going on there. So, I'll give him a pass, too.

Michael Beasley and Bill Walker got @#$@!#$ the most

I know neither had any long term plans of staying in college, but both chose to go to KSU to play for Huggins. No top prospect in their right mind would ever consider playing there before Huggins took over. I think Huggins even lured Beasley away from College of Charleston by hiring away their assistant who recruited him to CofC.

Now neither of these players are "model citizens" when it comes to the recruiting game - but both are going to be stuck playing for a coach without near the pedigree of Huggins, as I cant see either of them entertaining sitting out a year and delaying the NBA that much more (Beasley might get a release if he asks for one).

With those kind of guys just sitting there at KSU, expect Steve Lavin to show up pronto.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

latest from AR..

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Lucky if what ArkieDukie (?) was saying on another thread is true, that several Arkansas players are ineligible, and one failed a drug test, and that Arkansas failed to inform Altman of those issues. Not only is Arkansas getting what they deserve (a coach backing out) but Altman is saved from having to clean up someone else's mess.
    U of A is doing damage control: they released a statment saying that 2 players failed a drug test and one is currently suspended for some undisclosed academic problems. Rumor has it that the player in question will be eligible again after attending summer school. Maybe Wally was exaggerating some numbers. All concerned are swearing that none of this had anything to do with Altman's decision. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Oh, and if Gillispie takes the KY job, he should be added to the list. I've heard from lots of folks around here that Broyles only fired Heath after Gillispie agreed to take the AR job. In fact, I heard the phrase "done deal" about 2 weeks before Heath was fired. He would be undisputed champion: no one else on the list has !#^^ed 2 schools!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 04-06-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: typo

"Huck Fuggins" and "Traitorville"

The KSU team is pissed - all Huggins said in his meeting with the team was "I'm going to West Virginia." People on the team started flipping out and one guy - big time player - left the room after yelling at Huggins. Huggins was giving all this talk all year about being a family and how it's important to honor contracts (for previously scheduled games even though they were against really bad opponents). He knows he's not doing the right thing. Almost all of his recruits are considering transferring - especially one "big" one who wants to be closer to home. KSU is probably going to hire assistant coach Frank Martin as the head coach and do whatever they can to keep Dalonte Hill (who recruited Beasley). KSU is definitely not going to release the recruits from their LOI. They are really angry about this right now... people are going crazy. Imagine if Duke had the number 1 recruiting class and then out of nowhere Coach K went to West Point to coach and all of the recruits were going to leave. I know it's different but I think you could see why people are so angry about it. If anyone wants to know anything else I have first-hand information for everything in this situation.