Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WVU is screwed; I'm depressed

OK, WVU loses Beilein - that's bad enough - I've been in a funk since his announcement.

Now, I hear that Bobby Huggins is replacing him. Now, I want to shoot myself.

WTF???!! I'm going to have a drink. Or two. I hope foxsports is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    OK, WVU loses Beilein - that's bad enough - I've been in a funk since his announcement.

Now, I hear that Bobby Huggins is replacing him. Now, I want to shoot myself.

WTF???!! I'm going to have a drink. Or two. I hope foxsports is wrong!
    You're the only WVU fan that I know personally, rt. I was thinkin' about you when I heard the news. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I'm going to have a drink. Or two.
    I bet Huggy-bear will join you... and then drive you home!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

He's definitely going to WVU. What a $#^@#%@#. I can't believe he would go to KSU for a season, get the #1 recruiting class and then bail out. He's such a classless ^@#%#.

I agree, what he did was classless and unethical. But, KSU knew what they were getting into when they hired him. WVU could have done better IMO.

Also, Exodus from BIGXII might not stop with Huggins. Reportedly, UK has contacted Barnes through their coach search company.

CY

That is truly unbelievable. What is the protocol for kids who have signed letters of intent? Is Bill Walker just going to go ahead and declare?

He Can't

League already ruled he was ineligible for this year's draft.

I gotta believe that the NCAA clearing house will invalidate the LOI of Walker and Beasley and let them go elsewhere. If not, our game is really screwed up.

Patrick Yates

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post
    That is truly unbelievable. What is the protocol for kids who have signed letters of intent? Is Bill Walker just going to go ahead and declare?
    He can't until next season.

I really hope Rick Barnes leaves Texas. That would be fantastic. GG goes to Texas... they rejoice... Rick Barnes leaves... they cry.

However, I think it would probably be better for Texas in the long run... the guy has no idea what he's doing out there. He's a good recruiter but an overrated coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Yates View Post
    League already ruled he was ineligible for this year's draft.

I gotta believe that the NCAA clearing house will invalidate the LOI of Walker and Beasley and let them go elsewhere. If not, our game is really screwed up.

Patrick Yates
    Walker already played for them and is enrolled. He would have to sit out a year. He's really in a bad position right now. Beasley can just go wherever he wants to assuming KSU lets him. Supposedly KSU is trying to keep Dalonte Hill so Beasley might stay... he's the one that recruited him.

Talking Coffee snarf-inducing!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I bet Huggy-bear will join you... and then drive you home!
    My vote for post of the day! (though my wet keyboard would disagree.)

I'm sorry, RT.

At least Rich Rodriguez stayed.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I know but...

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Walker already played for them and is enrolled. He would have to sit out a year. He's really in a bad position right now. Beasley can just go wherever he wants to assuming KSU lets him. Supposedly KSU is trying to keep Dalonte Hill so Beasley might stay... he's the one that recruited him.
    His situation was wierd where the high school coalition ruled him ineligible after the school year started, and he enrolled at KSU mid semester, and was hurt in the midst of the first decent game he played.

I hope the NCAA finds pity in their hearts for this kid, even if he follow Huggs to WVU. I know it would be rewarding a jerk, but the kid should come first. He has been fornicated, up against a wall, with an iron stick, with his pants still on, by several organizations that exist to ostensibly "protect the kid's interests." Well, look out for them then. Let the kid transfer, even if he has to sit out for a semester (should be a penalty free transfer, but I can accept some ineligibility), or better yet, until the new year. Probably won't happen, but it darn well should.

Also, regarding Beasly and Hill, I can't believe that Huggs would leave unless at least Beasly was coming with him.

Patrick Yates

Quote Originally Posted by CY_devil View Post
    But, KSU knew what they were getting into when they hired him.
    Exactly. You can't have too much sympathy for KSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Yates View Post

Also, regarding Beasly and Hill, I can't believe that Huggs would leave unless at least Beasly was coming with him.

He might go with him... I just know that Huggins has always wanted to go back to WV where he was from/went to school/grad. assist. coach, etc. so it might not matter. I feel bad for everyone that has to deal with this guy. KSU gives him a second chance that hardly anyone else would have given him, he takes it, and then a year later blows them off.

Also, this is a huge kick in the teeth to Kansas State fans. Ticket prices doubled in the last year and the athetlic department completely changed the policies for season tickets, etc. Huggins really screwed over a lot of people with this move.

Big XII Implications

Some third hand inside info is indicating Barnes will take the UK job. Likely that UT will then immediately look to Gillispie at A&M and A&M and KState will be the teams hosed in the Big XII by the coaching carousel. I'd rather Texas take someone from outside the conference, but other than Crean, Hewitt or maybe Mark Few, I can't see anyone who's as good an alternative as Gillispie.

I was happy that Colorado got the Air Force coach. It's a little sad that KState will likely have its recruiting class disintegrate, but I suppose I'll live. I know Huggins isn't a great person, but his teams play well and hard, so while there may be some nose holding involved, the team's play is unlikely to suffer under Huggins.

I do feel for Bill Walker, but his goose is cooked.

Meanwhile, I hear that Arkansas is now accepting applications from junior high assistant coaches for their head job.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for KSU or WVa -- if you go to bed with dogs, you shouldn't be surprised when you wake up with fleas.

Stay for 1 season and then bail, huh? He must have taken lessons from Dennis Erickson. Just ask the Idaho Vandals.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonandblue View Post
    Meanwhile, I hear that Arkansas is now accepting applications from junior high assistant coaches for their head job.
    I coached a pee-wee team once... Think they'd hire me?

By the way, it's official now... Huggins resigned from K-State this afternoon. The ESPN story can be found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2827212

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    No info or anything, but I find it hard to see a coach going from A&M to Texas.

There are some reports that Michael Beasley isn't sure if he wants to follow Huggins to WVA but isn't sure he wants to stay at K State either so we should try and get this kid if he backs out of K State.