New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke vs. Boston College

Another tough matchup for the women tonight as they take on BC in Cameron. Both teams are 5-1 in the ACC, so this game is important. It's no secret to the team or the fans what they need to do to win. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! It will be good to see how we recover from a loss, and how we value our possesions tonight.
    The game is televised on Fox Sports at 7pm. GO DUKE!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

37-21 lead at half

I missed the first 10 minutes, but we were well ahead then. Playing fast offense, and very good defense. Last I looked we had 5 turnovers to their 14, much better for us, and it shows in the score.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thanks for the update. We're not getting the game.

52-34 at 12 min

Duke leads

It appears that BC has deciphered Duke's sophisticated offense.

Solid game from us, the second half wasn't pretty though, as we got back into the old ways of bad shots and too many turnovers. Luckily we built a a big enough lead to keep. Abby had the highlight of the night with one of the best dishes I've seen all season from men or women. Keep your eyes out, hopefully it lands on a hightlight reel. Nice win ladies, GO DUKE!!

That Abby Waner pass was quite nice.

Three things:

1. when there's only one guarding you and you get her moving the wrong way, drive!

2. stop telegraphing the passes.

3. get the ball to Chante Black down low!

Duke is at the top of the ACC standings again tied with FSU, who lost to Md. tonight by a point. FSU has the tiebreaker over us due to their win the other night.
    The announcer during the game mentioned Duke has the hardest ACC schedule, it's hard to argue.

Md. = Twice
    UNC= Twice
    UVA at UVA

and we still have Tennessee at Knoxville.

If anything, we'll be well tested by tourney time.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke is at the top of the ACC standings again tied with FSU, who lost to Md. tonight by a point. FSU has the tiebreaker over us due to their win the other night.
    The announcer during the game mentioned Duke has the hardest ACC schedule, it's hard to argue.

Md. = Twice
    UNC= Twice
    UVA at UVA

and we still have Tennessee at Knoxville.

If anything, we'll be well tested by tourney time.
    Duke? Hardest ACC schedule? Men? Women? Nah, couldn't be...

Both teams seem to be handling it well so far.

FSU's Schedule Advantage

They play Duke, Carolina, and Maryland once each. All at home.

Ridiculous.

I've never been much of a Kristi Tolliver fan, but she's ok tonight.

Drizzling threes

Abby hit 3/7 from 3PT, after going 2/4 against FSU and 2/5 against Ga. Tech. These aren’t huge numbers, but considering that the announcers in the Maryland game were saying that Duke was something like 210th in the country in made threes, this is a positive trend that I hope will continue. She definitely looks looser out there, which is good to see.

This game provided one of the slickest plays you'll ever see. Jasmine got a steal and pushed the ball quickly to a streaking Abby who caught it but found she was a little too far under and a defender was in a good position. So she blindly passed it back to the trailing Jasmine who laid it in. Very cool.

Was the play of the game, IMO (though I didn't see the first half).

The Duke ladies play some of the best defense I have seen at any level of basketball. Frenetic and fun to watch.

They really need to cut down on their own turnovers, though.

Mad scientists at both ends of the court.

While I am not too thrilled with Duke's "sophisticated" offense either, the defense is excellent and the effort awesome. Coach P is building some cred.

You could make a highlight reel of stupid passes from this game.

Thumbs up There were 2 BC defenders close to the blind pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    This game provided one of the slickest plays you'll ever see. Jasmine got a steal and pushed the ball quickly to a streaking Abby who caught it but found she was a little too far under and a defender was in a good position. So she blindly passed it back to the trailing Jasmine who laid it in. Very cool.

Was the play of the game, IMO (though I didn't see the first half).
    who might have deflected the ball. I thought the pass was a high-risk play.It certainly was ill-advised given the horrendous turnover rate of this offensively-challenged team----a dreadful visual experience.
    Normally when that pass is made the passer is shielding the defender from the shooter who has no other defender close.
    Abby needs to be much more disciplined in her decisions.
    In one recent game, she made bad passes or took wild shots in 5 of 7 Duke possessions.
    She is too frenetic on offense; on defense she is excellent.

Longtime observers comment that she is calmer the last 3 games.That patience ,if it continues, will positively influence her teammates.

Best regards---Blueprofessor