New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Picture Perfect Day

What a beautiful day it was outside here. Zero clouds in the sky. If you sat down, it was warm, but every now and then a brisk breeze would hit your face reminding you that it's not quite that time of year yet.
    I sat on my porch while brewing my next batch of beer, it was so peaceful. I figured out why the imagery and warmth wasn't quite complete, too. It was stone cold silent. There were no birds singing, at all. I could occasionally hear a car, or a dog bark, but that was it. Very nice.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What a beautiful day it was outside here. Zero clouds in the sky. If you sat down, it was warm, but every now and then a brisk breeze would hit your face reminding you that it's not quite that time of year yet.
    I sat on my porch while brewing my next batch of beer, it was so peaceful. I figured out why the imagery and warmth wasn't quite complete, too. It was stone cold silent. There were no birds singing, at all. I could occasionally hear a car, or a dog bark, but that was it. Very nice.
    Yes, but did you paint a picture to capture this picture perfect day?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yes, but did you paint a picture to capture this picture perfect day?
    Nope, but I pondered the pine trees and made mental notes. I very rarely look at anything without noting it's artistic value. If I painted as much as I mentally noted, I'd have issues. And a boatload of paintings.

P.S. Even my neighbor noted the pine trees. The tops looked like they were dipped in orange as the sun set, I was wishing for my camera, but I have it in my head.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Your entry prompted me to look up one of my favorite poems.

It's by Mary Oliver, entitled "How Would You Live Then?"

What if a hundred rose-breasted grosbeaks
    flew in circles around your head? What if
    the mockingbird came into the house with you and
    became your advisor? What if
    the bees filled your walls with honey and all
    you needed to do was ask them and they would fill
    the bowl? What if the brook slid downhill just
    past your bedroom window so you could listen
    to its slow prayers as you fell asleep? What if
    the stars began to shout their names, or to run
    this way and that way above the clouds? What if
    you painted a picture of a tree, and the leaves
    began to rustle, and a bird cheerfully sang
    from its painted branches? What if you suddenly saw
    that the silver of water was brighter than the silver
    of money? What if you finally saw
    that the sunflowers, turning toward the sun all day
    and every day--who knows how, but they do it--were
    more precious, more meaningful than gold?

Thanks so much IMA, that was beautiful. I've never read that, wonderful words to share.

Talk about a beautiful day!

You should have been in San Diego today. Talk about a gorgeous day! Mid 70s. Upper 60's along the coast, no clouds, no humidity, a light breeze blowing. Went to Oceanside, walked out on the pier, watched some surfing dudes try to surf the 1 foot waves (LOL), then drove down to La Jolla and went to Torrey Pines, where they are all prepped for next week's PGA tournament. Took pictures everywhere (which will eventually get posted, some here and mostly on facebook), including a series of 13 shots just as the big orange ball of the sun went from just touching the water to completely disappearing, all in 2 minutes elapsed time! Absolutely breathtaking!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You should have been in San Diego today.
    I agree. I woulda been there, damn flat tire.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You should have been in San Diego today. Talk about a gorgeous day! Mid 70s. Upper 60's along the coast, no clouds, no humidity, a light breeze blowing. Went to Oceanside, walked out on the pier, watched some surfing dudes try to surf the 1 foot waves (LOL), then drove down to La Jolla and went to Torrey Pines, where they are all prepped for next week's PGA tournament. Took pictures everywhere (which will eventually get posted, some here and mostly on facebook), including a series of 13 shots just as the big orange ball of the sun went from just touching the water to completely disappearing, all in 2 minutes elapsed time! Absolutely breathtaking!
    Thanks for the reminders, Oz. I used to live in Oceanside, and about 20 miles north of there, in San Clemente. Fond memories abound. I lived in a house right on the beach about a half a mile from the pier, if it's still the same pier. When in San Clemente, I also lived right on the beach just north of town. Haven't visited in years, but both houses were gone the last time I did visit. Bummer.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    CBB, Ima,
    Read this month's issue of Our State for some terrific photos of picture perfect days, with good reasons for liking to live in NC. Not that there is anything wrong w/ Cal, but the thread started with NC.

Nope, but I pondered the pine trees and made mental notes. I very rarely look at anything without noting it's artistic value. If I painted as much as I mentally noted, I'd have issues. And a boatload of paintings.

P.S. Even my neighbor noted the pine trees. The tops looked like they were dipped in orange as the sun set, I was wishing for my camera, but I have it in my head.