Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    I was never issued that stamp. Do I need to talk to somebody in purchasing?
    Congratulations on your promotion to planetary leader. Popplers are delicious.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

i don't see what the big deal is and i really see this post as a "look how big and bad we are, we banned carolina and/or other team fans again and again"

why make an announcement? is it necessary? and if they are banned do they even have a chance of reading this?

and if they CAN read this and look at the message board, why ban them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    But how exactly does one get caught?

If they sign up under a different username with a different e-mail address how can the mods tell it isn't just a new and innocent user?

Note: I am not asking this to try and get around it someday, I am not planning anything, I'm just a curious young mind.
    They were likely coming from the same IP address that they had previously used. If a poster had been banned from their home computer and changed the things you mentioned above and posted from a public computer at a cypercafe or public library I don't know how DBR could track that.

Then again DBR could be Big Brother incarnate and I could have just been labeled doubleplusungood

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Kind sir, I sincerely hope that I will not be permanently banned for pointing out that the word you were searching for is "flouting," not "flaunting."
    D'oh! This is what happens why I type quickly. Also, enjoy your last few minutes on the DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Duke View Post
    i don't see what the big deal is and i really see this post as a "look how big and bad we are, we banned carolina and/or other team fans again and again"

why make an announcement? is it necessary? and if they are banned do they even have a chance of reading this?

and if they CAN read this and look at the message board, why ban them in the first place?
    I'm sorry you see this post as some sort of expression of power. It has nothing to do with Carolina fans or anything else.

This message is specifically for people who have been issued perma-bans. That means you have nothing to worry about. But, yes, when people are banned, they can read the board. They just can't post here. And a few people have tried to circumvent that by creating new usernames. The mods decided to inform them that such behavior is not acceptable and that we will prevent them from posting here again. In other words, it's a waste of time to go create another username. We'd like to avoid this situation completely in the future.

If they sign up under a different username with a different e-mail address how can the mods tell it isn't just a new and innocent user?

Note: I am not asking this to try and get around it someday, I am not planning anything, I'm just a curious young mind.
    And somehow, I just don't think they'd post the answer here. In public. For all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    And somehow, I just don't think they'd post the answer here. In public. For all to see.
    And somehow, I suspect you'd be correct.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Obviously they get fingerprints from the posts that are revealed by fuming super glue on the posts.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Don't let us read that quote during your murder trial one day.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Just topline, what did they do or write?

Did they commit the ultimate sin by calling Coach K a Widdling Ningledoogler? Or Laettner a Fong-Goggling Snocket-Crockler?

If they did, 1) May they also burn in Hell and 2) I say we hunt them down, hold their eyelids open and pour a box of table salt in each eye.

-EarlJam
    Hey! Them's fightin' words at Hogwarts

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Obviously they get fingerprints from the posts that are revealed by fuming super glue on the posts.
    Actually we use your monitors to take retina scans...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    D'oh! This is what happens why I type quickly. Also, enjoy your last few minutes on the DBR.
    Jumbo,

Can I be a moderator? Who better than ME, EarlJam? I've cleaned up my act. I'm not begging (I won't do that). But seriously, I've talked to 57 members here who think I should be a moderator.

C'mon, you know deep down you want it. As do the others. Me, EarlJam, a moderator. Oh the beautiful Irony!

So, am I in? What do I have to do? Take a test? Live totally clean for a year? Let's make this happen.

-EJ

I am pretty sure I have been told this a time or two, but my memory is not the best. How does one become a moderator in the first place (besides, you know, being around when the site started)?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I am pretty sure I have been told this a time or two, but my memory is not the best. How does one become a moderator in the first place (besides, you know, being around when the site started)?
    Jumbo,

Can I be a moderator? Who better than ME, EarlJam? I've cleaned up my act. I'm not begging (I won't do that). But seriously, I've talked to 57 members here who think I should be a moderator.

C'mon, you know deep down you want it. As do the others. Me, EarlJam, a moderator. Oh the beautiful Irony!

So, am I in? What do I have to do? Take a test? Live totally clean for a year? Let's make this happen.

-EJ
    The first rule of being a moderator: There are no moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    The first rule of being a moderator: There are no moderators.
    I thought the first rule of being a moderator was-- "don't talk about being a moderator." I think that is the second rule too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I thought the first rule of being a moderator was-- "don't talk about being a moderator." I think that is the second rule too.
    Wait... we have moderators?

... Can I be a moderator? ... I've cleaned up my act. ...

... What do I have to do? Take a test? Live totally clean for a year? Let's make this happen.
    I hear the virtual drug testing is strictly enforced, and its rough on your keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe the p's & q's need to remain on the OTB in the yummmmmmmmmm beer thread?
    You rang?

In fact, I believe I am going to enjoy a p(int) right now. Well, actually about 11 ounces, or half a bomber.

And BTW, it's the "ymm, beer" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And BTW, it's the "ymm, beer" thread.
    I know that, but it has become so lonnnnnnnnnng.

After receiving a warning for offensive behavior on DBR, I noticed a black van with darkly tinted windows near my home and workplace all too frequently for about two weeks. I think I even saw the gleam of a camera lens. Also, I noticed a clicking sound in the background when I used my home and cell phones. Then there were the black helicopters that I saw hovering high overhead. So, trust me...DBR knows...they always know...