Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Girl Scout Cookies

Discussion of Girl Scout Cookies started in the PB&J threads, so I ask you:

Which Girl Scout Cookie do you like the most?

NOTE: I originally put this in as a poll. It toolk me longer than five minutes to enter the options, as I am typing in the dark so as not to aWAKEN THE PUPPY. For those who do have the power, the choices were:

Thin Mints
    Do-Si-Dos/Peanut Butter Sandwiches
    Trefoils/Shortbread
    Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties
    Samoas/Caramel deLites
    The lemony ones
    Other

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lavabe; 01-30-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: NOTE

thin mints. definitely thin mints
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Samoas.

Single serving

Or, along Ozzie's line of thinking, the entire box.

Thin mints...one sleeve at a time

Thin mints kept in the freezer. Cold and minty.

Thanks to the economy, the boxes of GS cookies are smaller this year.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    Thin mints...one sleeve at a time
    Just one?

Thin mints from the freezer.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I don't even know what other kind of cookies they make. Thin Mints all the way.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Related note - I saw that the Girl Scouts have cut the # of cookies in each box by 3-4 to offset "baking and transportation costs." So you might need to order an additional box to get your cravings on

I like 'em, and think it's a good fundraiser, but they are a bit overpriced for what you get. Would say my favorite is probably the Trefoils (which every time my sister called 'tree-foils' my mom went nuts).
    "There can BE only one."

My favorites are Thin Mints and Do-si-dos. Unfortunately, the Pines of Carolina scouts joined with the eastern NC council and are now using their bakers, which proved last year to be of lesser quality. The thin mints are blah and the do-si-dos aren't oatmeal, just a poor shortbread (though I heard they were going with a different recipe this year b/c of all the complaints). I actually had some left that I never ate last year. I loved the lemon coolers that the other baker used to sell. Most of the lemon ones are actually pretty yummy. I will probably buy anyway this year to "support the troops".

When I was a Brownie the first year, YES a LOOONNNNNGGGG time ago, cookies had just gone up to $1.50 a box. We still have things in storage at my parents' house that are stored in Girl Scout cookie cases.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We still have things in storage at my parents' house that are stored in Girl Scout cookie cases.
    So do we!!! My mom was the cookie chairwoman for my troop one year. A transport truck pulled up to our house and unloaded enough cookies to fill our living room, floor to ceiling. From there, Mom distributed the cookies to the girls in my troop for delivery to our customers. Thirty-some years later, she's still using some of those boxes for storage.

Thin mints.

In the past I would buy a small army of thin mints and freeze them. Once I discovered the Keebler Grasshoppers and I could get my thin mint fix year round I didn't buy quite as many. I still by the Girl Scout version - half the women in my office seem to have daughters peddling cookies!

Bonus - the Keebler Grasshoppers don't have 'sleeves' so one serving is a whole bag!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My favorites are Thin Mints and Do-si-dos. Unfortunately, the Pines of Carolina scouts joined with the eastern NC council and are now using their bakers, which proved last year to be of lesser quality. The thin mints are blah and the do-si-dos aren't oatmeal, just a poor shortbread (though I heard they were going with a different recipe this year b/c of all the complaints). I actually had some left that I never ate last year. I loved the lemon coolers that the other baker used to sell. Most of the lemon ones are actually pretty yummy. I will probably buy anyway this year to "support the troops".

When I was a Brownie the first year, YES a LOOONNNNNGGGG time ago, cookies had just gone up to $1.50 a box. We still have things in storage at my parents' house that are stored in Girl Scout cookie cases.
    I had the same "problem" last year, but even with the less delicious version of the cookies I can still eat thin mints by the box. Those things are unbelievable.

Smile Not samosas

But yes, I am definitely pulling for Samoas.

And the lemon thingees are my second choice.

As my wife doesn't eat mint, I sacrificed thin mints a long time ago.

THEN AGAIN, maybe it's like the crunchy peanut butter situation in our house.

My wife does not like mint, so if the GS come a-knockin', she'll still buy the Thin Mints but guess who gets all those boxes. She's a wonderful person.

Another vote for Thin Mints from the freezer.

Thanks-a-lot are a second favorite followed by the shortbread. I do miss the Scot-teas - shortbread with sugar on top that came 4 sleeves to the box so you didn't feel so bad eating a whole sleeve.

I usually get Thin Mints, Samoas, and Do-Si-Dos, with Samoas my favorite.

Thin mints are gross. Chocolate and mint do not go together.

I like the trefoils. I'm a sucker for shortbread.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Thin mints kept in the freezer. Cold and minty.
    This is the most correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Thin mints are gross. Chocolate and mint do not go together.

I like the trefoils. I'm a sucker for shortbread.

Heretic!