Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    True, but you're the one who said it doesn't matter if the player gets an advantage. A travel is a travel, remember? Doesn't matter about advantage, angle, game situation, etc...

I can appreciate that the two calls I referenced are extremely difficult to make in real time, but it's a bit naive to think the game situation wasn't a least a factor in the no-calls there.
    You missed the part where I said that you could only see it with slow-mo replay and zooming in.

The game situation wasn't a factor in the GTown/Vandy game because he didn't travel, at least not as far as any normal human being could have seen in real time.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    You missed the part where I said that you could only see it with slow-mo replay and zooming in.

The game situation wasn't a factor in the GTown/Vandy game because he didn't travel, at least not as far as any normal human being could have seen in real time.
    Not so in the UNC Villanova game in 2005. That was so obvious and easy to see my half blind labrador got up and barked. What's your expalnation for that no call?

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Not so in the UNC Villanova game in 2005. That was so obvious and easy to see my half blind labrador got up and barked. What's your expalnation for that no call?
    I don't remember the play you're talking about. I'm not even sure I watched that game.

There is no logical explanation for why the travel call was not made in that game, as far as I can tell. Except that the TarHeels get all the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I appreciate your effort to be objective, but this just isn't true at all. Just completely off the top of my head, Georgetown against Vanderbilt in 2006 and UNC against Villanova in 2005 had travels that contributed to those two teams winning their NCAA tournament games, but it's pretty much widely accepted by all non-Georgetown and non-UNC fans that they weren't called because the violations weren't that major and it was during the final seconds.
    In the UNC-Villanova game, wasn't a phantom travel called on Villanova rather than a real travel ignored on UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    In the UNC-Villanova game, wasn't a phantom travel called on Villanova rather than a real travel ignored on UNC?
    Aw snap. I think you're right. So not only did I reference something that wasn't true, but I referenced something that completely supports feldspar's argument. I'm an idiot. I'm going to forfeit this one...

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    I only vaguely remember this, but according to my dad a travel by Sean May was ignored

BUMP

Where O' where is Playcaller when we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by JDev View Post
    Unpleasant memory. Another that comes to mind was in 2002 in the Sweet Sixteen against Indiana. Jason Williams missed a late free throw, Boozer rebounded it and was hammered on his put-back attempt as the horn sounded. If I am not mistaken Matt Christianson had to be held back from attacking the refs. It is tough to do, but sometimes you need to make a late foul call. It is your job.
    An in-bounds play for Indiana, earlier in this game where the passer took somewhere in the neighborhood of five or six steps along the sidelines before the pass was made, (not after a made basket - it was a sideline in-bounds following a violation whistled against Duke) made me scream. I was even more frustrated by the lack of notice from the TV announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    An in-bounds play for Indiana, earlier in this game where the passer took somewhere in the neighborhood of five or six steps along the sidelines before the pass was made, (not after a made basket - it was a sideline in-bounds following a violation whistled against Duke) made me scream. I was even more frustrated by the lack of notice from the TV announcers.
    Steps are OK - it's not a "traveling" call (in the traditional sense) on a set inbounds play but a throwin violation.

The player throwing the inbounds pass must keep one foot on or above a 3' wide (I think) lane. He can move forwards or backwards and shuffle his feet to his heart's content so long as one foot remains within the lane.

I'll grant 5 or 6 full sized steps would be too much for the 3' lane. 5 or 6 shuffles wouldn't be.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Steps are OK - it's not a "traveling" call (in the traditional sense) on a set inbounds play but a throwin violation.

The player throwing the inbounds pass must keep one foot on or above a 3' wide (I think) lane. He can move forwards or backwards and shuffle his feet to his heart's content so long as one foot remains within the lane.

I'll grant 5 or 6 full sized steps would be too much for the 3' lane. 5 or 6 shuffles wouldn't be.

-jk
    Was this remembered by anyone other than me and Son of...?