View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. Wake Forest?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

44 34.65%
  • Dave McClure

15 11.81%
  • Greg Paulus

1 0.79%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Jon Scheyer

0 0%
  • Kyle Singler

67 52.76%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Elliot Williams

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Wake Forest

Who was the Man of the Match vs. Wake Forest?

I loved G, absolutely did. But I have to go with Kyle simply because he committed less unforced errors (I'm banking on what I saw in the game - haven't seen the box score yet).

Kyle and Gerald

They are sooooooo close in this game. I voted for Gerald, because that shot w/ 10 sec. left was BIG. I really believe we are going to be good when JS, KS, and GH collectively get it going.

Chose G over Singler though I could have given it to either. Both played excellent games.

What I like about G was him coming right out of halftime and scoring the first 6 points relativley quickly. The reverse jam and one was ridiculous but the real reason I gave it to him was the game tying jumper. Man did that shot take a pair.

I went with Singler because of the size on the interior he played with. G played great but between them had alot of missed shots. Alot to learn after tonight.

I went with G, followed by Singler and McClure. Dave showed great hustle and defense and was rewarded with a lot of PT down the stretch. If he plays like that every game, he can become Duke's "glue guy" so to speak.

G might've had some forced mistakes, but they were done in the context of him trying to make plays for a team that seemed incapable of doing so. I can't fault him for that.

Singler had a huge double double and hit a big three down the stretch, but G takes this one. That shot to tie the game, as stated earlier, took a pair. And he did it without a bit of hesitation. He knew what he was going to do as soon as he got the ball.

Votes pretty evenly divided thus far, but I went with McClure. He always does the little important things, but he did so much of them tonight -- and on this stage -- that even the most casual viewer can't help but notice.

Loved how the team chipped away at that lead.

I want the ball in G's hands with the game on the line. I really do... but a Singler three wouldn't bother me all that much either.

Gerald, for the last shot.

Disturbing how long it's been since Jon's been in the running. Where did your jumpshot go?

I voted McClure. Without his defense we lose by double digits.

Its an easy one its G, God that kind is going to be a superstar he reminds me of Kobe so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bludvlman View Post
    Its an easy one its G, God that kind is going to be a superstar he reminds me of Kobe so much.
    As much as I desire to critique this short sentence, the significant syntax errors make it impossible for me to accurately interpret the message you are unsuccessfully attempting to communicate.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    As much as I desire to critique this short sentence, the significant syntax errors make it impossible for me to accurately interpret the message you are unsuccessfully attempting to communicate.
    my bad for the typo I meant to say kid instead of kind.

Quote Originally Posted by bludvlman View Post
    my bad for the typo I meant to say kid instead of kind.
    Its is a pronoun, it's is a contraction for it is. Those are two distinctive and different words. My sixth grade English teacher is turning in her grave.
    Bob Green

While G is the most spectacular all-around player Duke has had in many moons, Kyle is showing signs of true NBA type resilience and dependability. He's such a war horse! Solid, smart play, game after game for our Kyle.

MOTM

For me it could have gone either way. Gerald or Kyle. I voted for Kyle because of his strong rebounding effort against that tall tough front line. Gerald had 7 TOs to 4 TOs for Kyle. I know those are high numbers but not when you consider those two were our only offensive weapons. No one else stepped up. Jon tried but his shot is still off. Thank God for Kyle and Gerald. Go Duke!

G

Though Kyle had a solid performance on the boards he had a terrible night shooting. G shot well, grabbed boards, blocked a shot and had steals. Sure he had unforced errors (7) but so did Singler (4). G got my vote due to the good shooting on an otherwise terrible night shooting or the Devils. In fact, w/o G´s deft touch, the Devils shot ~27% from the floor, absolutely terrible.

I voted for Dave.

If he didn't play the way he did, Henderson wouldn't have been shooting to tie the game. We would have lost by 12-15 points.

This is my first time voting for G. Why have I waited this long you ask? Its simple. Tonight he had a swagger. He knew he was the best player on the floor. You guys might have noticed it before but it was a first for me.

Someone mentioned Kobe in a previous post. Well, there are some similarities but another name comes to mind when I watch G play, (dare I say it) MJ.