Bizarre Sleeping Pains

Ok, so I need some DBR medical advice/explanation/clarification/whatever.

I slept wrong the other night. Apparently I did not move at all during my sleep, or I fell asleep in one position and awoke in a very similar position. When I woke up, I had some serious pains in my hip on the side I was laying all night. I could barely get out of bed the pain because the pain was so bad. I've been limping for two days now.

So, what in the heck caused this? I worked out the morning before I felt the pain, but focused on chest and back so I don't think I hurt myself lifting weights. I've also noticed this type of pain before the other night.

What is causing this?
    What am I doing wrong?

I guess I'm not very good at sleeping, which reminds me of a Steven Wright line that goes something like: "My girlfriend asked me 'Did you sleep well?' and I replied: 'No, I made a couple of mistakes.'"

My troubles generally have been with my neck.(Yes, my neck is on the generous side). I switched to thinner pillows and haven't had trouble in years. As far as hips, I generally don't sleep on my side for extended periods of time. From a mechanical standpoint my hips feel misaligned in that position and the weight of the upper leg is pulling down on them. I guess you could brace them, there are those pillows...

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post

I slept wrong the other night. Apparently I did not move at all during my sleep, or I fell asleep in one position and awoke in a very similar position. When I woke up, I had some serious pains in my hip on the side I was laying all night. I could barely get out of bed the pain because the pain was so bad. I've been limping for two days now.

So, what in the heck caused this? I worked out the morning before I felt the pain, but focused on chest and back so I don't think I hurt myself lifting weights. I've also noticed this type of pain before the other night.

What is causing this?
    What am I doing wrong?

I guess I'm not very good at sleeping, which reminds me of a Steven Wright line that goes something like: "My girlfriend asked me 'Did you sleep well?' and I replied: 'No, I made a couple of mistakes.'"
    I know your problem. You're trying to sleep instead of posting

I often have the same hip pain upon waking. It is particularly bad if I fall asleep on the couch on my right side and don't move all night. Not sure if it is pressure point pain or what, but it definitely is not fun.

I had a friend who used to answer, "I botched the dismount," or "I didn't stick the landing."

(hope your hip is feeling better.)

Smile Ease his pain

What is causing this?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Although I am not a medical doctor, I have had hip issues (due to trauma). An orthopaedist/doctor might make some sense, as you could have a number of issues. Any bruising going on? Any tingling going with it? Or is it now pain, with a complete loss of power. Any trauma to the region now or in the past? Any weird running or jumping (perhaps with new shoes) a day or maybe a few before? Have it looked at.

Once you know something from a doctor/pa, perhaps posting again might make sense, as Monsieur Greybeard is bound to have a stretch or two to help out.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Although I am not a medical doctor, I have had hip issues (due to trauma). An orthopaedist/doctor might make some sense, as you could have a number of issues. Any bruising going on? Any tingling going with it? Or is it now pain, with a complete loss of power. Any trauma to the region now or in the past? Any weird running or jumping (perhaps with new shoes) a day or maybe a few before? Have it looked at.

Once you know something from a doctor/pa, perhaps posting again might make sense, as Monsieur Greybeard is bound to have a stretch or two to help out.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    No recent trauma but I have a moderately bad back from a high school football injury. Definitely no bruising or tingling. The pain feels internal, deep inside the hip versus the type of pain associated with bruises, strains, muscle pulls, etc.

I also have a friend that complained about the same symptoms in her shoulder. She woke up and realized that she had slept on top of her arm in an awkward position and described the shoulder pain almost spot on with my description.

Maybe insomnia isn't such a bad thing, this sleeping stuff is dangerous.