Thread: JWill picks....

JWill picks....

...Wake. Clearly Bilas has been mentoring him.

On the other hand, he did say that Singler is his pick for ACC POY.

That's OK, Jason.

I'll bet Shane picks DUKE.
    And Mike D....and Chris D... and Carlos B.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    ...Wake. Clearly Bilas has been mentoring him.

On the other hand, he did say that Singler is his pick for ACC POY.
    Until he picks S. Illinois or G'town winning @ Cameron, I'll give JWill a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Until he picks S. Illinois or G'town winning @ Cameron, I'll give JWill a pass.
    Of course JWill gets a pass. As far as I'm concerned, he gets a lifetime pass.

I know Bilas picked G'Town, but did he also pick the Salukis to beat us earlier this year? If so, that's completely absurd.

In defense of Bilas, if Monroe hadn't received that technical foul which resulted in his 4th personal, Gtown could have very well been in position to win. The guy was killing us.

It's also easy to see why Wake would be the pick. They're huge, athletic, have arguably the best player in the conference in Teague, and the game is in their home gym. If I were trying to be completely unbiased, I'd pick Wake too.

Funny how we only notice the games where Bilas picks against us.

Of course he picked Wake. Wake is probably going to be favored to win, as the teams are fairly evenly matched and it's at Wake. I don't see this as "evidence" of attempting to appear impartial - I think it's simply doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Of course JWill gets a pass. As far as I'm concerned, he gets a lifetime pass.

I know Bilas picked G'Town, but did he also pick the Salukis to beat us earlier this year? If so, that's completely absurd.
    According to Jay Bilas himself, he did NOT pick the Salukis to beat us.
    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...0&postcount=46

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bilas
    I never picked Xavier or Southern Illinois over Duke.

Duke is a 1 point favorite. Basically a pick em.

The mods have talked about these threads and have come to the following conclusions:

1) They are stupid. Why fans care at all about an analyst's pick is beyond me. Seriously, why does it matter at all?

2) Jason was asked to pick a team. He had two choices. He picked the team that is favored by 1.5 points. The horror!

3) The fact that people continue to rant whenever a former Duke player picks someone other than Duke is embarrassing. As analysts, those guys are not beholden to Duke in any way. They have one job -- to analyze college basketball. They aren't picking other teams becaues they care about perceptions of bias. They are picking the team they think wil win a game.

We thought posters got this out of their systems with that Jay Bilas thread. Apparently, they didn't. So, we're going to be locking threads like these, as they are embarrassing to the board. If you really do get upset about someone picking against Duke, and that moves you to the point where you need to post that publicly, you're going to have to find somewhere else to do that from now on.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 01-27-2009 at 09:54 PM.