Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    This just in:

In an amazing show of unity and team spirit the entire Duke men's basketball team announced today that they are changing their first names to "Greg." Incidentally this will also make life easier for announcers and visiting posters on Duke bulletin boards.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This is from a blog posted during the game on WRAL. This excerpt is from our best moments.

"1:15 p.m., Roof is off the joint: Henderson just hits a three and has 14 points as Duke is up 56-20 now and MD didn't even reach the first media timeout before using two timeouts. I need earl plugs! This place just got so loud after a Singler alley-oop from Henderson and a Henderson lay-up. Duke now is up by 40, 60-20 and I couldn't even hear but I assume MD took it's third timeout of the half. Coach K even stepped out of the floor and took a big sigh after the last Duke bucket was made. You could see the expression of, "wow" in his face. The whole Duke team met out on the floor to congratulate each other on the really solid play."

Woulda loved to have been there.
    I thought this excerpt was particularly hilarious:

"1:05 p.m., What I want to see: Since we have an old fashioned blowout on hand here, I want to see something they call the "Gerald Henderson Show". Also, the "Oh baby" baby just touched me on the back. Get that thing off me crazies! Not to mention it was sitting in my seat when I came back."

Any Target BBall Recruits at the Maryland Game?

I see a football recruit, Tyree Watkins, was at the Maryland game and immediately after committed to Duke.

That's wonderful for Duke football. But did we have any target bball recruits at the Maryland game who would have been impressed by this historic whipping? Nobody from the DC area who would now be able to see the writing on the wall after the Maryland rout and before that the Georgetown win?

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    I see a football recruit, Tyree Watkins, was at the Maryland game and immediately after committed to Duke.

That's wonderful for Duke football. But did we have any target bball recruits at the Maryland game who would have been impressed by this historic whipping? Nobody from the DC area who would now be able to see the writing on the wall after the Maryland rout and before that the Georgetown win?
    No one that I know of but I am sure Ryan Kelly had a GREAT time there!!

He sat a few seats away from us.

in ref to the main page article about Gary's whining

Gary has no shame. His team got absolutely destroyed by 40+ points, down 25 at halftime (when we weren't even shooting all that well as a team), and he's got the stones to blame it on the refs!

I look forward to the day (coming sooner rather than later, hopefully) when Gary is run out of College Park and (hopefully) they hire a coach who has a little more pride. That team and their fans take follow Gary's lead of unsportsmanship and bitterness. A new coach MIGHT make Maryland less loathesome...