Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MBB: Duke 85, Maryland 44 Post-Game Thread

Man what a game for Duke, they were ahead so much, johnson and davidson even got to play. Post your thoughts. LGD!!!!

Duke-Maryland POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Well, this is the perfect 40 minutes of Duke basketball we've waited for all season. Not too much to criticize in this game besides the fact that we missed some point-blank layups in the first half.

As for the announcers...
    Mike Patrick: "Big win for Maryland!!!"

Get these trash announcers out of here ESPN.

In a lifetime of watching Duke play Maryland this was Duke's largest margin ever.

Man I am savoring this.

Quote Originally Posted by umdukie View Post
    Well, this is the perfect 40 minutes of Duke basketball we've waited for all season. Not too much to criticize in this game besides the fact that we missed some point-blank layups in the first half.

As for the announcers...
    Mike Patrick: "Big win for Maryland!!!"

Get these trash announcers out of here ESPN.
    I'm fairly certain someone else probably caught this and already mentioned it in this thread, but if not, did anyone else catch Patrick ranting and raving about the 'amazing play' and 'display of athleticism' made by one MD player who was CLEARLY standing out of bounds, and slapped the ball back in to a teammate, with the ref standing right there and making no call of OOB whatsoever? At that point, Dad and I cut the sound off, turned on Bob Harris and just dealt with the slight delay in audio/video. Okay that he made a mistake, but the fact that he ranted and raved for a good 30 seconds, followed by Elmore stating the the MD player appeared to be 'hovering', was just all I could take. I posted about it on the DBR Chat but didn't see anyone else that caught on to it at the time. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post
    I'm fairly certain someone else probably caught this and already mentioned it in this thread, but if not, did anyone else catch Patrick ranting and raving about the 'amazing play' and 'display of athleticism' made by one MD player who was CLEARLY standing out of bounds, and slapped the ball back in to a teammate, with the ref standing right there and making no call of OOB whatsoever? At that point, Dad and I cut the sound off, turned on Bob Harris and just dealt with the slight delay in audio/video. Okay that he made a mistake, but the fact that he ranted and raved for a good 30 seconds, followed by Elmore stating the the MD player appeared to be 'hovering', was just all I could take. I posted about it on the DBR Chat but didn't see anyone else that caught on to it at the time. Thoughts?
    That was so funny. The MD player (who was 2-3 feet out of bounds) saw the ball coming and looked around for help. Finally, he just jumped in the air and batted the ball back in. Roger Ayers apparently thought that was close enough. In fairness, I think Elmore said that he thought the MD player was out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    That was so funny. The MD player (who was 2-3 feet out of bounds) saw the ball coming and looked around for help. Finally, he just jumped in the air and batted the ball back in. Roger Ayers apparently thought that was close enough. In fairness, I think Elmore said that he thought the MD player was out.
    Ah another who remembers it! I didn't hear Elmore say that, but Patrick just going on and on about how athletic and smart a play it was, pushed me over the edge as far as listening to his incoherent ramblings.

Ah another who remembers it! I didn't hear Elmore say that, but Patrick just going on and on about how athletic and smart a play it was, pushed me over the edge as far as listening to his incoherent ramblings.
    Elmore definitely said he thought the player was probably out of bounds.

Patrick was out of his mind. The Md. player was clearly out of bounds when he pushed the ball back "into play," but the refs in the final 8 or so minutes with the game decided just let anything happen. You could tell they wanted it over as much as we all did. At first I was put off by all the non-calls, but then I figured that if they started stopping play and sending all those bench players to the free throw line it'd have been horrible. So the non-call was funny but understandable and no harm to anyone, but not nearly as funny as Patrick trying to make it into a "great" play.

This just in:

In an amazing show of unity and team spirit the entire Duke men's basketball team announced today that they are changing their first names to "Greg." Incidentally this will also make life easier for announcers and visiting posters on Duke bulletin boards.

Duke vs Maryland Postgame Thread

Thoughts on the big win?

good win...now...a much better team that has had a week to stew...

they had better be on their game...

Lawdy! Lawdy! Lawdy!

Keep it up!

85-44

Call it an eviction notice.

Well, this couldn't have gone much better.

Vasquez's stat line: FGM-FGA 2-10 3PT 0-0 FT 0-0 Off 0 Reb 1 Ast 0 Blk 0 PF 2 Pts 4. Not exactly backing up his big talk.

So glad that Elmore was a captive audience.

Was that one second half play credited with 4 assists?

I really liked that jumper Elliot hit in which he started dribbling toward his man pulled up in rhythm and drained the 3. It looked like one of his plays from his highlight reel.

Zoubek was awesome
    G was Awesome
    Defense was AMAZING!!!

I can't think of any negatives at all except that Jon really struggled every time he got to the rim and that we missed a few easy lay-ups.

I don't usually do this, but reading their board is hysterical.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I don't usually do this, but reading their board is hysterical.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580

I don't really go to other boards like I used to, but I did check it out and what was sad was how little energy there was on their boards -- barely a hint of outrage, just resignation...sounds like no one believes in Gary any more.

When I jumped over to the UNC boards, in contrast, there were at least six threads on us and how pathetic Maryland was...there was even a thread on Abby.

Extremely fun game, though it stopped being fun (from a TV watching standpoint) once the lead got to 44 or so -- then it became a non-stop Len Elmore whinefest. I don't generally complain about announcers, but Elmore was incredibly grating...I've watched NBA broadcasts where the home crew hasn't been remotely as partisan as Elmore was.

I told ya

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    I don't really go to other boards like I used to, but I did check it out and what was sad was how little energy there was on their boards -- barely a hint of outrage, just resignation...sounds like no one believes in Gary any more.

Extremely fun game, though it stopped being fun (from a TV watching standpoint) once the lead got to 44 or so -- then it became a non-stop Len Elmore whinefest. I don't generally complain about announcers, but Elmore was incredibly grating...I've watched NBA broadcasts where the home crew hasn't been remotely as partisan as Elmore was.
    Just how bad elmore is when it comes to Duke games. Well he may be that bad in other games, but I just don't watch them. Go Duke!