View Poll Results: Who is your 2nd favorite ACC team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston College

5 3.42%
  • Clemson

22 15.07%
  • Florida State

1 0.68%
  • Georgia Tech

12 8.22%
  • Maryland

4 2.74%
  • Miami

5 3.42%
  • North Carolina State

36 24.66%
  • Virginia

15 10.27%
  • Virginia Tech

9 6.16%
  • Wake Forest

37 25.34%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thumbs down I don't understand

I don't understand the love of Wake.

Sorry. No way. Let me remind all of you who voted Wake:

Chris Paul.
    Billy Packer.

UVA

Back in the mid 80's when Wake Forrest was truly bad I think they were a lot of ACC fans second favorite team. People pulled for them sort of as the lovable losers. But I have to say having gone to every Duke vs. Wake game the last eight years at LJVMC I have really come to dislike Wake AND their fans. Every game Duke has had with them the last however many years there has been a rough, physical bruising game. The type of game that I think refs allow to go too far, allow too much contact and are apt to end up with a fight or somone injurred. At the games their fans would boo loudly whenever Duke got any call even if it was obvious Wake fouled. If the call was remotely close Wake fans would be near the point of riot. I thought this was just anti-Duke bias but after watching UNC play Wake earlier this season I realized something. Either Wake fans honestly think they should get the benefit of every call at home or they are the least knowledgable fans in the ACC. Either they wouldn't know the difference between a charge and a foul if it happened to their own mother or they think if the game happens in their building all calls should go their way. Throw in the fact Reddick's senior year several students were screaming out "F%#$ you JJ" durring the singing of the national anthem and Wake is close to being my least favorite ACC school. But no school could ever pass UNC for that honor.

UVA being founded by Thomas Jefferson has always been impressive to me. It doesn't seem Duke and UVA go head to head for recruits or run into one another to rag each other after a loss. Sure they handed Duke it's worst loss ever with Ralph Sampson and company. But Duke has pretty much owned the rivalry the last twenty years, and it's a lot easier to like a team Duke beats the majority of the time that doesn't seem to try to turn games against Duke into a brawl.