Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a Dunkin Donuts near Duke?

I was planning on picking up some donuts and coffee for the inhabitants of Kville tomorrow on my way in but have no idea what is near campus!

Yes. It's on Erwin Road. Where are you staying and I'll send some directions to you from there?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Yes. It's on Erwin Road. Where are you staying and I'll send some directions to you from there?
    Lillington Drive
    Durham, NC 27704

Get to Carver Street, heading east. You'll pass through several intersections including Roxboro Road, Duke Street, and Guess Road.
    Turn left onto Hillandale Road.
    Hillandale Road turns in Fulton Street right around the Durham Freeway/147 underpass. If you aren't already, get in the far right lane.
    Fulton Street dead-ends at Erwin Road (right in front of Duke University Hospital). Turn right onto Erwin Road.
    At the second intersection you'll see a large complex on the right, DD is in that complex. I find it easier to turn into the complex, staying to the right to get to DD, than turning at the intersection to get to DD.

Their address/phone number is 2608 Erwin Road, 309-0000.

The DD can be hard to see. It's in the same complex as the Friday's and Chipotle, on the far right end of the building.

DD is in that complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    I was planning on picking up some donuts and coffee for the inhabitants of Kville tomorrow on my way in but have no idea what is near campus!
    I'd say something like "DD's office is in Raleigh, no where near there", but I don't want to confuse the man on his first trip to Cameron

Donuts for the Crazies! Great idea, but you better get there early because they let the line in 90 minutes before game time, which means they start moving at 10:30 tomorrow. And if you bring them coffee, they may have to stop out of line, if you know what I mean, and they won't want to do that. Bring them extra donuts rather than coffee. And you'll enjoy spending time with the Crazies - I always do. I've even been known to make sure they know a certain cheer, and help them practice it to perfection
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I'd say something like "DD's office is in Raleigh, no where near there", but I don't want to confuse the man on his first trip to Cameron

Donuts for the Crazies! Great idea, but you better get there early because they let the line in 90 minutes before game time, which means they start moving at 10:30 tomorrow. And if you bring them coffee, they may have to stop out of line, if you know what I mean, and they won't want to do that. Bring them extra donuts rather than coffee. And you'll enjoy spending time with the Crazies - I always do. I've even been known to make sure they know a certain cheer, and help them practice it to perfection
    Yeah I am planning on showing around 9-9:30.

I actually got in touch with the head line monitor (Joel) to meet up with him and get a rundown and tour of Kville. I cannot wait!!!

Anytime I have been to a Duke game it has been pre Kville for that season and the last ACC match I even went to was in 92.

Thanks for the tips though! I am gonna pick up as many donuts as my broke I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. can afford!!!

Wasn't there one on Hillsborough Rd? Right next to The Dog House? I may be dating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I may be dating myself.
    Did yourselves have fun?

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    The DD can be hard to see. It's in the same complex as the Friday's and Chipotle, on the far right end of the building.
    There's a Friday's and Chipotle right near campus now too? Wow, what have they been building along Erwin? When I last was there only one of the buildings further down Erwin (a little past the corner of LaSalle) had opened its shops.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Wasn't there one on Hillsborough Rd? Right next to The Dog House? I may be dating myself.
    I used to go to that one on occasion, but it closed several years back - probably around 2003.

The development on Erwin is mad crazy. Some nice places to eat. Nosh is a nice little cafe. Decent Thai place there too.

The DD on Hillsborough closed a while back. So did the one on Roxboro (where I used to go get Saturday marching band donuts, back in the day).

The development on Erwin is mad crazy. Some nice places to eat. Nosh is a nice little cafe. Decent Thai place there too.

The DD on Hillsborough closed a while back. So did the one on Roxboro (where I used to go get Saturday marching band donuts, back in the day).
    Have you been to the noodle place next to DD? If so, thoughts about it?

Have you been to the noodle place next to DD? If so, thoughts about it?
    I had a friend bring me some take out from there. It was a long time before I was able to eat it, and it was a bit cold, but it wasn't too bad. I'd like to go back and try it warm.

I had a friend bring me some take out from there. It was a long time before I was able to eat it, and it was a bit cold, but it wasn't too bad. I'd like to go back and try it warm.
    Ooo, they do take out. Awesome!! May pick up dinner from them tonight.

Noodles & co. is a chain. I like it. Good value for the price. I still think Chai's is a bit better, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Noodles & co. is a chain. I like it. Good value for the price. I still think Chai's is a bit better, however...
    Well now I'm in a quandary. What is a girl to do?

Don't know about a Dunkin Donuts, but there's a fantastic Dunkin' Henderson AT Duke.

-EJ

Well now I'm in a quandary. What is a girl to do?
    Try both, but I gotta say, the noodles at Chai's are a little piece of heaven in a bowl. Ymmmm, Chai's

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Don't know about a Dunkin Donuts, but there's a fantastic Dunkin' Henderson AT Duke.

-EJ
    POTD!

9F 9F 9F