We Need Virginia Tech to Lose Tonight...or Georgia Tech to Win

Our loss last night really hurts...because now with a Va Tech win tonight...we are very likely the 6th seed and Carolina the 2nd. The only other way would be for Georgia Tech to win out, which would push us to the 7th seed. Otherwise, we are looking at the strong potential for a Friday night ACC matchup with UNC.

Sorry - but we just about can't beat them. They match up with us extremely well and with their depth in the tournament they will be a tough, tough out.

Losing to Maryland, at UNC, then to UNC in the 2nd round of the ACC tourney also would push us to a 6th or 7th seed in the tourney. Can you say 2nd round matchup with Florida, or Kansas, or Texas A&M. Yikes!

Thumbs up Bring 'em on!

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Otherwise, we are looking at the strong potential for a Friday night ACC matchup with UNC.

Sorry - but we just about can't beat them. They match up with us extremely well and with their depth in the tournament they will be a tough, tough out.

Losing to Maryland, at UNC, then to UNC in the 2nd round of the ACC tourney also would push us to a 6th or 7th seed in the tourney. Can you say 2nd round matchup with Florida, or Kansas, or Texas A&M. Yikes!
    I say bring 'em on! All of them!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I am fine with a 6 seed. (that means we have no early Thurs and Fri games)

If we are a 6 seed, and happen to win the first game of the tourney, don't we play the 3 seed next? I thought the 7-10 winner played the 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Our loss last night really hurts...because now with a Va Tech win tonight...we are very likely the 6th seed and Carolina the 2nd. The only other way would be for Georgia Tech to win out, which would push us to the 7th seed. Otherwise, we are looking at the strong potential for a Friday night ACC matchup with UNC.
    Actually, if we are the 6 seed and unc is the 2 seed, we wouldn't play them until Saturday in the semis. We would play the 11 seed on Thursday, then turn around and play the 3 seed on Friday. unc would play the 7 vs 10 winner on Friday. If GT wins out and we get the 7 seed, we are definitely look at a 2 seed UNC on Friday. Let's just go out and kick unc's tails sunday!

GO DUKE!

Besides, if UNC beats us in Chapel Hill, I would cherish another chance to play them in the ACC tourney. To me, ain't no difference between 0-2 and 0-3 against them. A sweep's a sweep.