Chargers versus Mustangs

Call all car enthusiasts!

What is your preference?
    Classic Dodge Charger or new Charger?

Classic 'Stang or newer models?

Stang vesus Charger?

The new Charger is AWESOME. Just an excellent, excellent job. I actually own a worked-to-the-bones newer Mustang, but I would almost consider trading it for a new Charger.

The older Mustangs are obviously beautiful. Give me a 1970 Fastback and I am a happy, happy camper. They have done a good job on the newer ones, but I am not enamored with the newest Mustang.

I thought this was already decided by Bullitt?

Heh heh heh

I'm a third-generation Mustang guy. Drove an LX 5.0 at Duke. Long live the live rear axle!

When I was in WNC a couple weeks back I noticed the most of the NC Highway Patrol seemed to be driving Chargers. The fifth-generation Mustangs never did make good police cars. NC had a ton of third-gen 'Stangs back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I'm a third-generation Mustang guy. Drove an LX 5.0 at Duke. Long live the live rear axle!

When I was in WNC a couple weeks back I noticed the most of the NC Highway Patrol seemed to be driving Chargers. The fifth-generation Mustangs never did make good police cars. NC had a ton of third-gen 'Stangs back in the day.
    The first car I purchased was a blue 1989 Mustang LX 5.0. That car was one sweet ride. It had an 8 cylinder engine with about 220 horses, as I recall. Just tap the accelerator and whooooosh! I loved that car. I had to give it up when I had my second child because it could only accomodate so much kid equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    The new Charger is AWESOME. Just an excellent, excellent job. I actually own a worked-to-the-bones newer Mustang, but I would almost consider trading it for a new Charger.

The older Mustangs are obviously beautiful. Give me a 1970 Fastback and I am a happy, happy camper. They have done a good job on the newer ones, but I am not enamored with the newest Mustang.
    AHHHHH!!!

Wait wait wait; I take back EVERYTHING I said about the Charger!!!

I was thinking about the new CHALLENGER. The new Charger looks fine I suppose, but the new Challenger is maybe the best looking modern car I've ever seen.

Sorry!

As for Mustangs, I figured I'd share mine... a black-with-white-stripes 2000 GT convertible, with a new tranny, new built motor, blower, new wheels and tires, redone suspension, new brakes, new exhaust, gears... all sorts of goodies Makes about 500 hp to the motor (420 to the rear.) It is a lot of fun I'll see if I can find a picture

Ford or Dodge? There are many more choices than that...

Not in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Not in this thread
    Haha, which is why there aren't more posts. As long as the subject is sooooo limiting...

Okay, okay, neither:

Dang, that's a pretty car, Ymo.

See, you at least get the spirit!

Old Charger-------New Mustang

Better seating positions on new Mustang make it more comfortable over a longer ride.

The new Charger is nice, but should not be labeled a Charger.

If you get a Challenger, you may want to consider adding some sort of body side moldings or you may want to park far, far away from anything else in the parking lot.