MBB: Wake Forest 78 Clemson 68

The more I watch this team the more I am impressed. Teague is good but today, Johnson and Aminu were something to behold. This team is fast, long and almost everyone can handle and lead the break except McFarland and he is not that bad. Their D. while not sophisticated, is infinitely better than Wake teams of the recent past. I really am interested to see how Duke plays them this year. The game at Wake is being played with house money. Wake is expected to win- so the question is whether Duke can find a defensive strategy to stop them. It is very hard to turn Wake over and Duke relies on this to get baskets. It will be interesting to watch.

Ditto

Wake is looking very good. Frightening up front with great balance on the perimeter. In our favor, Clemson didn't have the shooters that we do, so Wake won't be able to clog the lane the way they did today. By stretching out their defense, I think we'll be able to carve them up a bit better.

Having said that, Wake is for real. They're the kind of team that can win it all.

Looking at Wake's remaining ACC schedule compared to UNC's and Duke's, they are definitely the front runner for the regular season title. Duke still has Clemson, Wake twice, and UNC twice. UNC has Duke twice and Clemson. Wake has Duke twice and Clemson. Duke's is definitely the most difficult. UNC's and Wake's are very similar. It really is ridiculous that UNC doesn't play Wake twice this year considering their interstate rivalry. The regular season title has definitely lost some of its luster since the teams all have different ACC schedules.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Don't Mess With Clemson (fans)

I missed this, but has anyone seen the video of the Clemson student taking down McFarland? Looks like he's ready for some prime time wrestling action.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm not sure what to make of Clemson. Is this another quick start and fast fade?

Enjoyed watching the Coach Knight feature on Duke's spacing and how our offensive spacing on the floor was the best in the country and a big factor in our success. Well, Clemson was like the "anti-spacing" example in the game against Wake; they often had players tripping over each other in the same area of the floor, or not sure where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Clemson. Is this another quick start and fast fade?

Enjoyed watching the Coach Knight feature on Duke's spacing and how our offensive spacing on the floor was the best in the country and a big factor in our success. Well, Clemson was like the "anti-spacing" example in the game against Wake; they often had players tripping over each other in the same area of the floor, or not sure where to go.
    Fast fade? They lost one game to the number 1 team in the country that is on a roll and did cut the lead to 1 with a few minutes to go. I still think Clemson is a tough out. Not sure they can beat UNC at UNC because that would lead to some cosmic shift- but they will make it interesting.