Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most minutes played at Duke?

Hey all!

Well, Jumbo pointed me towards the media guide, which lists the top ten in minutes played ever at Duke... not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but figured it might be a fun guessing game to keep us busy until Saturday? I figured I'd keep it out of the other thread so as not to split the conversation going on there.

So... anyone wanna guess any positions in most minutes played? The media guide lists 1-10. No cheating please!

I think Chris Duhon is Number 1 in All-Time minutes played?

Hurley?
    ~rthomas

J.J. has to be in the top 5, if not #1. He has an advantage because Duke's schedules during his years there had the most sheer number of games, compared to other Duke players who played in earlier eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    J.J. has to be in the top 5, if not #1. He has an advantage because Duke's schedules during his years there had the most sheer number of games, compared to other Duke players who played in earlier eras.
    I believe J.J. is probably up there. He had to be one of the best conditioned players because all game he was running around the court coming off screens with defenders chasing him.

However, my guess would be Duhon. He played a ton of minutes, even when he hurt his ribs in the ACC Tourney (forget what year), which is an image I will never forget

Average or Total

Are you wanting the average or total. The discussion about minutes has really been about average, but your description of top ten most minute seems like total. The later is obviously skewed by total number of games played. In this case I would guess Hurley and then Laettner or maybe the reverse.

Travis

My guess

I would say Duhon, Hurley and Grant in that order. But what do I know? Go Duke!

Total, as that is what is in the media guide

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Duhon or Hurley.

I would vote Hurley. But what about Dawkins? He must be up there near the top.

My wild-card guess would be Cherokee Parks, who played three season where we didn't have very much depth ('93-'95). His minutes were lower his freshman year but he played a ton over the last three.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I would vote Hurley. But what about Dawkins? He must be up there near the top.
    I'd think Dawkins, Hurley, Amaker, Battier, in that order.

I don't have a clue, but I'll guess JJ.

I looked it up (easy to find on-line) but I won't ruin the surprise for those who want to keep guessing.

Some interesting tidbits:

The person with the most minutes played is only in fourth place as regards most games played.

The ten highest in games played, and the ten highest in minutes played only have 6 names in common.

The person with the highest number of minutes played isn't even in the top ten on the list of number of games started.

Didn't Hurley miss a month of the 91-92 season with a broken bone? It's probably not substantial but you have to figure those 6 or 7 games missed would have hurt his overall minutes played over the course of his career compared to other 4-year players. Although, making deep runs in the NCAA tournament every year probably more than makes up for it.

How about Trajan? Didn't he play a small part of a fifth year?
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Duhon or Bilas.

I'll put up the top ten minutes played list maybe Saturday sometime after the game, so people can have time to guess?

Thanks for the interesting clues btw!

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I looked it up (easy to find on-line) but I won't ruin the surprise for those who want to keep guessing.

Some interesting tidbits:

The person with the most minutes played is only in fourth place as regards most games played.

The ten highest in games played, and the ten highest in minutes played only have 6 names in common.

The person with the highest number of minutes played isn't even in the top ten on the list of number of games started.
    Last clue gives it away. It must be Duhon

Nah

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Last clue gives it away. It must be Duhon
    Shockingly, or perhaps not, it is Patrick Davidson.