front page a little deceiving

Simply having Time Warner cable will not allow one to view the entire game tomorrow. You have to have digital to get anything above channel 99. If you just have basic or standard, you'll have to watch whatever you can catch on WRAL.

Or use an over-the-air antenna and a Digital TV receiver to pick up the alternate channels. People like me with DirecTV will have to do it that way.

Wow. Thankfully, I won't have an issue as I'm in DC.

In light of all the media bias talk lately, this really hammers home the point of where Duke basketball ranks in the Triangle.

Or drive 15 minutes to Durham and watch the game at a bar/restaurant. It's not that far. (And it seems like bars in Raleigh will be able to carry it as well)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Wow. Thankfully, I won't have an issue as I'm in DC.

In light of all the media bias talk lately, this really hammers home the point of where Duke basketball ranks in the Triangle.
    To be fair, Raleigh is the hometown of NCState, who is being shown in the game that's pre-empting the Duke game. And State is also often victimized by the local media bias as well. The N&O will generally give Duke and State similar levels of coverage (while the hated Heels are covered much more closely).

I can't believe there are bias claims here. Sports networks almost always show the entirety of the first game they carry before switching to the next game. Unless (and this has bitten us before) the first game is a tremendous blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by patentgeek View Post
    To be fair, Raleigh is the hometown of NCState, who is being shown in the game that's pre-empting the Duke game. And State is also often victimized by the local media bias as well. The N&O will generally give Duke and State similar levels of coverage (while the hated Heels are covered much more closely).
    It's not just Raleigh, it's the whole WRAL viewing area that's affected. I'm in Durham, and WRAL is the only CBS I get. I am intrigued by the comment about the digital receiver and antenna. Does this mean I could plug in one of those boxes they're touting for the big switch-over along with an old-fashioned antenna and pick up the game? 5.2 is available to anyone with a digital receiver, not just those paying for digital cable? If so, I actually bought a converter box in case my cable ever went out (it is Time Warner, after all) so I could still pick up local channels.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Simply having Time Warner cable will not allow one to view the entire game tomorrow. You have to have digital to get anything above channel 99. If you just have basic or standard, you'll have to watch whatever you can catch on WRAL.
    Of course, there is a real possibility that Greg Fishel will interrupt most of the game to tell us how cold it is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It's not just Raleigh, it's the whole WRAL viewing area that's affected. I'm in Durham, and WRAL is the only CBS I get. I am intrigued by the comment about the digital receiver and antenna. Does this mean I could plug in one of those boxes they're touting for the big switch-over along with an old-fashioned antenna and pick up the game? 5.2 is available to anyone with a digital receiver, not just those paying for digital cable? If so, I actually bought a converter box in case my cable ever went out (it is Time Warner, after all) so I could still pick up local channels.
    Yes. WRAL broadcasts all their channels over the air for free. If you have rabbit ears and a digital over the air receiver you can pick it up. I have DirecTV and the box from them actually works as a receiver (or so I'm told) so I'll be going out tonight and buying rabbit ears and plugging them into my DirecTV box. I'm not sure whether the standard TWC cable box acts as a digital receiver for over the air broadcast. But you can definitely get one of those digital over the air receivers they're selling and use that.