Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enjoy Singler he's what we have been spoiled by at Duke. Unfortunately I don't see another Singler on the near horizon. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    I kinda like elliot, which is why I put him before scheyer. Don't get me wrong, Scheyer ais a real playmaker, but Elliot's kinda cool. And I'm not really putting John Wall into consideration because still nobody knows where he will commit to. He still has about a year to decide, so. But he WOULD be awesome. And Thomas, I do like Zoubs, but he doesn't play as well against ACC teams as he does against out-of-conference team like Loyola, for example. He got his career high in points, but against VT, he was in foul trouble in the first couple minutes. But That's just my opinion, so feel free to correct me anytime.
    Let's just hope that Coach K doesn't decide his starting lineup by who is COOL!!! And after last night, how can you say that (1) Zoubs doesn't play well against ACC teams (by the way, you haven't seen him against ACC teams except for last night), and (2) Thomas??? I love Lance, but we're in trouble if we have to start him as our big. Last night, Lance shot twice from the floor and missed both. Against Loyola, he missed 6 free throws! He had 3 fouls pretty quickly, he had a total of 1 rebound (as compared to Kyle and G's 8 each, McClure 5, and Zoubs 4), and he had two turnovers... all in 12 minutes.

Again, I love Lance. He makes an important contribution to the team. But unless something happens to Brian, there isn't a chance in heck that Lance will start over him.

And why in the world am I answering a post on next year's starters in January?
    DukeDevilDeb

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    I love Lance, but we're in trouble if we have to start him as our big. Last night, Lance shot twice from the floor and missed both.
    He missed both by a bunch -- they weren't even close. Unfortunately, we have two players, Lance and McClure, who, while great in many areas, frequently cannot hit the broad side of a barn. We absolutely cannot have both in at the same time.
    I guess we are now looking at the following rotation: EWill for Hendo (reasonable), Thomas for Zoubek (OK, best twe can do right now, Paulus for Smith -- jury still out, Paulus not at last season't form, and McClure for whomever -- he can sub for a bunch of different people. Singler and Scheyer stay in for most of the game.
    That gives a nine man rotation, with others waiting in the wings, ready to be called to center stage. Pocius doesn't seem to make contribution when he is in, regardless of how popular he is. Plumlee1 comes in and seems a little overwhelmed by the whole process. Czyz is clearly not ready for Prime Time TV.
    This gives us a practical eight man rotation. By tournament time, we can possibly extend that to nine (Plumlee, I hope, I hope, I hope). IO don't see us going a whole lot deeper than that.
    This is not a popular view -- people want to see MArty perform. Well, I do too, but he hasn't yeat.
    Other possibilities -- well, I suppose that CZYZ could move up to a small roe, but I wonder.